*~Feli's Blog, News & Articles~* - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #46
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~Feli's Blog, News & Articles~*

So Costa is Felis new coach??
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #47
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

no he's not....

found any hairbands yet? You should have them in the big drugstores. Australia is a modern country.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:58 AM   #48
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Still no luck.....dont think they sell them here...
Old 08-23-2006, 07:42 AM   #49
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
www.atptennis.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I was just finishing practice around 11.20 when the coach of Olivier Rochus came to the practice courts. "Did you know you're playing Melzer?" he said.
"No."
"Bjorkman has pulled out."
And that's how you know you're playing a lucky loser. Normally the ATP Supervisor would tell you as soon as he knows but in this case it must have just happened and I was out on court. I'm guessing Rochus' coach was in the player lounge and heard about it just before he came out to practice.

Even though I now had to prepare to play a left-hander I didn't rush around trying to find a lefty to practice against. I was just finishing up my practice. Even though I knew Jonas had pulled out of the Cincinnati singles last week I expected him to play here. Because in Cincinnati, even after pulling out of the singles, he played doubles, beat Rafa and me and then won the title.

Unfortunately I lost today and tomorrow I'll be on the tournament-provided bus at 10 am going into New York City. There will be about 50 guys and girls on the bus, which leaves from the tournament hotel. After the match I just came back to the hotel room and watched some TV and spoke to my family and girlfriend on the phone. She knows that after a loss I don't like to talk much about the match so we spoke mostly about her flight details. She's flying into New York on Thursday.

Last night I went to a very nice Spanish restaurant in the city out here. It was Nicolas Almagro's birthday so a lot of the Spanish guys were there celebrating. There seems to be a competition among the restaurants to see who can get the most players - we have been given coupons for free dinners and last night I shared a few starters with my coach and trainer and then I had a steak.
My brother came out to watch me today on the train but headed back after the match. I will make one more post tomorrow to tell you how the bus trip went and about my first day in the big city.

Feliciano
Old 08-24-2006, 05:52 AM   #50
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

ah, there's Rafa again

Quote:
www.atptennis.com

Wedneday, August 23, 2006

Well, it was a full bus this morning with about 50 players and coaches traveling from New Haven to New York City. I saw a lot of French guys on the bus - Clement, Mahut, Benneteau. It wasn't a noisy ride. Most people were like me - trying to get some sleep and listening to their iPods. The trip took about two hours and the bus stopped near the Intercontinental in midtown. At that point I jumped in a cab with my coach and trainer - and also Nicolas Almagro, who we dropped off on the way - to go to our hotel near Central Park. We checked in between 12.30 and 1 and then the first thing I did was go to the Nike store to pick up some shoes so I could practice. I couldn't wait till our big distribution day tomorrow. The US hard courts really kill the shoes and the pair I wore in New Haven were dead.

Tomorrow will be the big day. They give us so much stuff, but we have to be careful not to go silly because we have to take it all back to Spain after the Open. Because this is the last distribution of the year I'll probably get something like this: Five or six pairs of match shoes, one pair of running shoes, some different pairs of casual shoes, match clothes, practice stuff, bandanas.. everything!

We had lunch at the hotel and then left at 2.45 for Flushing Meadows. The draw was made around 11 in the morning but my first chance to see the draw came when I checked in at player registration on site. I quickly scanned the draw and found that I play the third seed Ljubicic. After that I looked to see who Rafa was playing and then I looked for the other Spanish guys.

I practiced from 4-6 with Santoro. Although he doesn't play like anyone else you're likely to play in the draw I enjoy practicing with him. He's fun to play with and very smart. After practice I ran for about 30 minutes and then took transportation back to the hotel.

Tonight I'll be going to dinner with my brother, a friend of mine from Madrid, my coach, trainer and Rafa. We're going to a Japanese restaurant.

Thanks for checking out the blog this week. I've had a lot of people tell me they read it.

Feliciano
Old 08-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #51
country flag Xristos

Cool.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #52
country flag Xristos

Very intresting about the distribustion of the Nike clothing. Very intresting indeed....
Old 08-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #53
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Awww how sweet of him, checking out Rafa's and other Spanish guys' draw.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #54
country flag Baby May

Baby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond repute

I find an interview with Feli, Fernando and Tommy but I can't understand it because it's Spanish,maybe someone could translate it for english, please??
Tenistas españoles modelos

Feliciano López, Fernando Verdasco y Tommy Robredo son tres de los tenistas más atractivos del circuito. Conócelos ejn pantalón largo.

Una acreditación VIP nos permite atravesar las barreras de seguridad que dan acceso a la zona privada que se instala en todos los torneos para los tenistas y sus familias, bebés incluidos. Se trata de un edificio anexo con área de descanso, un espacio que haría las delicias de los adictos a los videojuegos –todos reconocen que matan horas jugando a la Playstation–, pantallas planas de televisión gigantes, gimnasio y bufé privado, donde igual te cruzas con Roger Federer que con Nadal, bandeja en mano. Hoy, el revuelo que conlleva una sesión de fotos constituye un entretenimiento más. ¿Nuestros protagonistas? Tres de los tenistas más atractivos del circuito. Fernando Verdasco llega el primero, acompañado de su novia, la modelo Priscilla de Gustin. Pisándoles los talones, entra Tommy Robredo. Al rato, aparece Feliciano López, con cara de recién levantado, y guapo, como siempre. Arancha Sánchez Vicario, que pasaba por allí, casi nos da el titular: «¡Vaya tres mosqueteros!»

¿Hay un clan de españoles dentro del circuito? ¿Sois amigos o la competitividad se traslada fuera de la pista?
Tommy Robredo: Somos muchos españoles en el circuito y solemos estar juntos.
Fernando Verdasco: Yo me llevo bien con todos, pero sobre todo con los de mi generación. Tengo más en común con Tommy, Feli o Rafa que con Moyá o Ferrero. ¿Piques? Solo hay por el fútbol, ente los del Real Madrid y los del Barça. Feli era culé, pero se ha reconvertido...
Feliciano López: Lo dicen por fastidiarme, porque siempre he sido madridista.

¿Os picáis más por el fútbol que por el ranquin? ¿Se nota quién está más alto?
Fernando: ¿Que si le dejamos el sitio a Rafa cuando llega? ¡Noooooooo! (risas).
Feliciano: Todos sabemos lo que cuesta llegar donde estamos. Desde fuera no se valora, pero yo invito a que la gente haga una reflexión: ¿Se imaginan que estuvieran entre los 50 mejores del mundo en su trabajo? Si lo piensas, ¡es la bomba!

¿Os sentís víctimas de la Nadalmanía?
Tommy: Tener un fenómeno como Nadal debería ser bueno para todos, pero la realidad es que se le presta tanta atención en los medios de comunicación que es como si los demás no existiéramos.

Tú eres el sexto del mundo...
Tommy: Y no me conoce nadie, dilo. Pasa como con la Fórmula 1, que Alonso tiene que ir tapado con una manta por la calle y De la Rosa pasa inadvertido.
Fernando: Si fuéramos franceses, seríamos cracs, pero competir con Rafa es muy complicado.
Feliciano: Es que cada uno tiene un carisma... y él es un fenómeno mediático mundial. Por encima de Federer, que es el mejor tenista de la historia. Contra eso no se puede competir. Nosotros tenemos que luchar por ser buenos jugadores y ganar torneos, y los medios nos prestarán la atención que merezcamos.

Ellos y sus parejas
Feli, ¿tú eres el confidente de Rafa, no?
Tenemos muy buena relación. Este año, durante el torneo de Wimbledon, compartimos casa él, yo, su novia y la mía.
¿Cómo fue la convivencia?
Feliciano: Perfecta. Los tenistas estamos acostumbrados a convivir y compartir desde pequeños. A los 14 años ya viajamos con nuestro entrenador, así que casi nunca tenemos problemas. Fernando: Si no va tu novia, comes y duermes con él. Es como tu pareja.

¿La estabilidad sentimental beneficia vuestro rendimiento deportivo?
Fernando: ¡Sienta muy bien! Me encuentro mejor cuando Priscilla está conmigo en los torneos, pero intento que no me influya, porque no siempre me acompaña. Lo mejor es la estabilidad.
Tommy: He tenido novia hasta hace poco y no he notado la diferencia. En la pista no hay que dejarse influir por eso.
Feliciano: Lo importante es vivir tranquilo, sin problemas, porque afectan al rendimiento en la pista. Yo estoy muy feliz con María José (Suárez) y se nota.

Durante un tiempo diste mucho que hablar en los programas del corazón. ¿Cómo recuerdas aquella época?
Feliciano: ¡Fue una pesadilla! Estuve tres meses saliendo con Alejandra Prats y, de repente, pasé de ser un deportista a convertirme en un personaje público, con todo lo que eso conlleva. Luego me sacaron unas fotos en las que aparecía Ana Obregón, que no estaba ni en mi grupo, y vi cómo no paraban de decir mentiras sobre mí en televisión. Mandé un comunicado y fue peor, porque se lo tomaron a broma. No se puede luchar. Te sientes vulnerable cuando gente que no te conoce afirma que haces eso para tener más patrocinadores, por ejemplo.

¿No contribuyen la popularidad y la buena imagen a ello?
Feliciano: ¡Es una tontería! Si no ganas, por mucha imagen o popularidad que tengas, no sirve de nada. Los contratos publicitarios debes ganarlos en la pista.

Has hecho pinitos como modelo, ¿cómo te sientes en ese ambiente?
Feliciano: Hice un desfile y lo que vi no me gustó. El mundo del deporte es mucho más sano y menos falso.

Tommy ha afirmado que érais unos privilegiados, ¿estáis de acuerdo?
Fernando: Sí. Nos podemos permitir lujos que a nuestra edad sólo tiene un uno por ciento de la gente. Tenemos un buen coche, casa propia, la ropa que nos gusta, si vamos a cenar no miramos la cuenta...
Tommy: El nivel de vida es alto, pero el tenis nos impide hacer otras cosas.

¿Por ejemplo?
Tommy: Desde algunas tan tontas como seguir una serie de televisión hasta tomarme vacaciones un mes seguido o salir de marcha con los amigos.
Fernando: O hacer un botellón y emborracharte. A los 14 años yo iba de un lado a otro del mundo. Pero no conoces ningún país, porque vas del hotel al torneo y viceversa. Es una profesión corta pero dura, en la que tienes que estar centrado porque los errores se pagan caros.

Feliciano, has reconocido que eso es lo que te ha pasado esta temporada, ¿no?
Feliciano: Sí, he pagado los errores que cometí. Para mí ha sido el peor de los últimos cinco años. He aprendido de ellos y, al final, he recuperado la ilusión.

¿Ayuda un psicólogo a superar las situaciones que exigen motivación extra?
Feliciano: Algunos jugadores recurren a ellos para que les ayuden a aguantar la presión y a mantener la concentración.
Fernando: El tenis es tan competitivo que cuesta mantener la cabeza fría. Lo que distingue a Rafa de todos nosotros es, precisamente, su coco. Siempre cree que puede ganar. No se da por vencido.

Please help me and translate this if you can
Baby May is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #55
country flag safinaferrero

safinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond repute

María José Suárez: «Ahora siento que lo tengo todo»

Didn't know that Maria José was older than Felo

http://tennisgraphics.blogspot.com
http://tennisticious.blogspot.com & http://quote4ever.blogspot.com

Quote:
Por ti lucharé por todo el cariño que has puesto conmigo
Por todo tu tiempo por haber querido tenerme contigo
Y por tu calor y por tanta magia me quedo contigo
Y por tu calor y por tu carisma te llevo conmigo [...] ECDL
safinaferrero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #56
country flag JaredPalmerFan

JaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond reputeJaredPalmerFan has a reputation beyond repute

That interview - I saw that the other week and did a cheap translation online. Anyway, there are little bios for each guy to the right and it says that Fernando collects clocks :-) I never knew...
Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #57
country flag safinaferrero

safinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond repute

Well basically nothin new on this article tommy say how medias are focus on Rafa etc...
Feli have been the center of spanish medias becoz of his ex gfs
Spanish players used to get along during the year
Feli&Rafa are very close they shared a flat during last wimbledon their gf were there too
Fernando say that he plays better when his gf is there
well nothin new

http://tennisgraphics.blogspot.com
http://tennisticious.blogspot.com & http://quote4ever.blogspot.com

Quote:
Por ti lucharé por todo el cariño que has puesto conmigo
Por todo tu tiempo por haber querido tenerme contigo
Y por tu calor y por tanta magia me quedo contigo
Y por tu calor y por tu carisma te llevo conmigo [...] ECDL
safinaferrero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #58
country flag Baby May

Baby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond reputeBaby May has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot
Baby May is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #59
country flag Sarah Maïder

Sarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond reputeSarah Maïder has a reputation beyond repute

The Feliciano Lopez Interview

Some players first discover tennis on television and others come across the game at a local court. Feliciano Lopez's life-long love for the game is rooted beneath the family Christmas tree.

When the boy born in Toledo, Spain was five years old, he woke up Christmas morning and unwrapped the gift that would change his life.

"My father bought me a tennis racquet when I was five at Christmas," Lopez said. "That's why I play tennis now, because of him."

That Christmas present — combined with his father's coaching — helped develop Lopez's gift for the game. Lopez signaled his status as a player to watch when he reached the 1997 Orange Bowl final, falling to a scrawny Argentine teenager named Guillermo Coria.

Times have changed and the 25-year-old Lopez has grown into a solid threat on faster surfaces. Unlike many of his compatriots who are most comfortable on clay, Lopez's lethal lefthanded serve makes him most dangerous on faster courts. He won his lone singles title on an indoor hard court in Vienna in 2004 outlasting Guillermo Canas, 6-4, 1-6, 7-5, 3-6, 7-5, in one of the more memorable finals of that season. That title came nearly eight months after Lopez defeated Ivan Ljubicic and Mikhail Youzhny in succession to reach the Dubai final, bowing to World No. 1 Roger Federer, 6-4, 1-6, 2-6.

Reading Feliciano Lopez's serve can be as easy as deciphering hieroglyphics scrawled across the surface of a lake. The left-handed Lopez's service motion is so smooth you wonder if he ever sweats on serve.

He finished the 2006 season ranked 10th on the ATP Tour in aces with 468 in 48 matches. He has smacked 142 aces in 16 matches this season in which he reached the Las Vegas quarterfinals and the Miami round of 16.

When Lopez is at his best and his arm is loose and he's swinging freely, he's capable of causing problems for the world's best players. Lopez beat former Australian Open champion Marat Safin and former Wimbledon semifinalist Mario Ancic en route to the 2005 Wimbledon quarterfinals to become the first Spanish man since Manuel Orantes in 1972 to reach the last eight of the grass-court Grand Slam. Lopez produced a similar level of tennis against Ljubicic in scoring a 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 victory to dump the third-seeded Croatian out of the opening round of the 2006 U.S. Open.

A close friend and occasional doubles partner of second-ranked Rafael Nadal, the 6-foot-2 Lopez has the long locks and chiseled cheekbones of a man who could serve as Tarzan's tennis stunt double and enjoys a loyal female fan following at tournaments. Lopez joins David Ferrer, Tommy Robredo and Fernando Verdasco on the Spanish Davis Cup team that faces the United States in this weekend's Davis Cup quarterfinal at the Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem, N.C. Lopez is expected to partner Verdasco in doubles against twins Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan.

Scoop Malinowski, who cites two other famed lefthanders — Marcelo Rios and Monica Seles — as two of his top tennis influences, caught up with Lopez for this Biofile interview.

Status: Member of Spain's Davis Cup team. Has won one ATP title in Vienna (2004). Highest rank was 20 in January 2005. Has career wins over Canas, Ljubicic, Ferrer, Safin, Ancic, Schuettler, Malisse, Gaudio.

Height: 6-foot-2 Weight: 187 pounds.

Born: September 20, 1981 in Toledo, Spain.

Childhood Heroes: "Stefan Edberg. Because of him, I like the way he played, behaved but I like the way he was very quiet and very gentleman on court. I also like the way he played."

Hobbies/Interests: "I like cinema. I love soccer. I love to watch the games when we are at home in Madrid. When I come back to Spain, I don't have like so much time after practice and everything during the day. So the only thing I do is go to cinema, go to soccer games or go to dinner with friends."

Favorite Movie: "Braveheart I like a lot. This is the only one I think."

Musical Tastes: "I like Julio Iglesias. Laura Boccini - Italian singer. And I like many music styles like disco, dance, everything."

Early Tennis Memory: "When my father (Feliciano) went with me on the court when I was five years old, me and my brother (Victor). I don't remember any special moment, it was just my father, brother and me. My father bought me a tennis racquet when I was five at Christmas. That's why I play tennis now, because of him."

Favorite Meal: "Pasta, tomato."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Haagen Dazs."

First Job: "I don't have."

First Car: "2003 Porsche (black)."

Funny Tennis Memory: "I remember one — my father threw a racquet over my head when I missed a forehand from the other side of the net [laughs]."

Pre-Match Feeling: "Like a little nervous when you have to go on the court, especially in the stomach."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Greatest moment...to be in the quarterfinals in Wimbledon (d. Safin, Ancic in 2005)."

Most Painful Moment: "When I had a wrist injury in 2000 I think, or 1999, I don't remember."

Favorite Tournament: "Madrid."

Closest Tennis Friends: "Nadal, [Fernando] Verdasco — I know him for many years. My father was his coach."

Funniest Players Encountered: "Verdasco is very funny. [Alex] Corretja. [Marat] Safin is funny [smiles]. I think he's funny on the court. He's such a good player and such a good personality on the court and I think the people love him."

Toughest Competitors: "Federer, Agassi, Nadal — I think those three."

Embarrassing Tennis Memory: "To play Davis Cup for the first time I think I was really nervous. (How did you do?) I played doubles (lost with Corretja), it was in the final against Australia. (Spain lost 3-1 in Melbourne in 2003)."

People Qualities Most Admired: "To be generous I think. Honest."
Sarah Maïder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:59 AM   #60
country flag Alexandy

Alexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the great interview. I can't wait for DC. Since they are playing the U.S that means they are showing it on television here. I'll get to see Feli!!!

ETA: does disco music mean something different in Spain? When I think of disco I think of the Bee Gees.
Alexandy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote