KIWI in Moscow!!! Kremlin Cup 2005! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2005, 04:44 PM   #76
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI in Moscow!!! Kremlin Cup 2005!

I saw the match via live stream and I really dont know how Kiwi could lose this
he was so in control of the match, but somehow let it slip away!

Kiwi
thats what I call a choke
rrfnpump is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2005, 04:49 PM   #77
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute

Can we die now? Im so sad!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #78
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: KIWI in Moscow!!! Kremlin Cup 2005!

I didn't see most of the match becoz I was focusing on Ivan.How long did that Andreev take the big timeout? I just hate him and his tactics in order to win the match! Last time Gael was cheated by Djokovic and now it's his turn.ATP should shorten this timeout! Also lineman and umpire gave a mp to Andreev,the ball was clrealy out you know! Kiwi may play other tourney instead of this fucking shitty tourney next year. But Kiwi should take some responsibility for his loss too. Had a big lead but blew the chance...I saw him was so disappointed and angry after the loss,feel so upset for him.Poor Kiwi when will he win a title again?

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:02 PM   #79
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

I am completely crushed.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #80
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR
I didn't see most of the match becoz I was focusing on Ivan.How long did that Andreev take the big timeout? I just hate him and his tactics in order to win the match! Last time Gael was cheated by Djokovic and now it's his turn.ATP should shorten this timeout! Also lineman and umpire gave a mp to Andreev,the ball was clrealy out you know! Kiwi may play other tourney instead of this fucking shitty tourney next year. But Kiwi should take some responsibility for his loss too. Had a big lead but blew the chance...I saw him was so disappointed and angry after the loss,feel so upset for him.Poor Kiwi when will he win a title again?
Kiwi took a 10 minutes time-out after 2nd set ..........
Old 10-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #81
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

I really can´t believe this. He was leading 7-5, 4*-0 and blew it all away. Somehow I get the feeling, that Kiwi is cursed when it comes to finals. He really has to work on his mentality. I mean, he hasn´t lost every final against a top player in the last 2 years (except for Roddick and maybe J. Johansson). He should have won at least today and last year against Spadea. I think it becomes more and more of a burden for him. He has to feel an unbelievable pressure when he steps out on the court to play in a final and I think it´s getting worse and worse from loss to loss. The point which gave the mp to Andreev was clearly out. You have to be blind to overlook that. But we can´t change it anyway.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:08 PM   #82
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

This is so sad. I don't even know what to say. I think it's funny how Andreev down 4-0 in the second takes an injury time-out. WTF, he obviously just wanted to break the momentum. And that's just what happened. I think during the Andreev's timeout, Kiwi prob started thinkn about how long it's been since he won a title. It's really a shame, because he had this in the bag. I just hope he can recover cuz this was a great tournament for him, until this point. He really deserved to win I wonder how this will affect him. If anyone catches an interview or anything-please post it
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #83
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100
I really can´t believe this. He was leading 7-5, 4*-0 and blew it all away. Somehow I get the feeling, that Kiwi is cursed when it comes to finals. He really has to work on his mentality. I mean, he hasn´t lost every final against a top player in the last 2 years (except for Roddick and maybe J. Johansson). He should have won at least today and last year against Spadea. I think it becomes more and more of a burden for him. He has to feel an unbelievable pressure when he steps out on the court to play in a final and I think it´s getting worse and worse from loss to loss. The point which gave the mp to Andreev was clearly out. You have to be blind to overlook that. But we can´t change it anyway.
Maybe he should get a sports psychologist
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #84
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, Nicolas is mental I really thought he had the title. I saw the score 4-1 and at duece on Igor's serve, I really thought he had it. To be one 1 point and 1 game away from the title really sucks.

Maybe this will build on a good result next week.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:52 PM   #85
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

I still can,t believe that he lost.Now you all know why Karen and I call him our mentalcase! He is like THAT! it is him..his personality.He practices and gets mad when he misses a ball and his eyes turn black.Come on,it is a practice.You can,t change a person.We all wanted him to win and at some point,all thought it was in the bag..but he lost.I think that he is not going to be in a good mood for a long time.Lets hope he does well in madrid.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 PM   #86
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, what a very bad way to lose a match.

Bavaria, that damn 7th title is a huge jinx for sure now. And building on finals losing streaks doesn't make it easier to win the next final. I can just hope some time he does it soon. It's nice to be in a final, but it sucks if you lose them the 8th time in a row already.

What can I say? I would like to think that this loss doesn't affect him, but I'm not sure about that.

A 4-0 lead just needs to be carried home, and he couldn't do it While guys like Ljubicic this week played their best tennis all time when the situation was huge, Kiwi got more and more intimidated as he saw that Andreev picked up his game and rallied back. Andreev's forehand became better and won him the match while Kiwi was following mainly the same game plan like earlier in the match when Andreev still gave him lots of easy unforced errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinuera
His first timeout in the match to get his ankles re-taped again which is legitimate. Andreev was treated during games and offcourt how many times and how long? I counted more than one injury timeout, but if stupid Grillotti allows that, what can you do?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #87
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kiwi may play other tourney instead of this fucking shitty tourney next year.
With playing another tournament next year, maybe he would play in a tournament then where the crowd is a bit more polite and appreciative to a non-Russian player and doesn't applaud EVERY, yes, really every serve fault of Kiefer for three seconds since the end of the 2nd set to the end of the match. To be honest, I was disappointed with this kind of behaviour because I thought the Muscovites have a bit more class than that. But nothing you can do about that, Andreev will have to pay his debt at some time too.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #88
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: KIWI in Moscow!!! Kremlin Cup 2005!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinuera
lol so I should hate Kiwi as well?
I just know Andreev took a timeout for his left leg and off the court to the BATHROOM.BTW you actually didn't answer my question.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:00 AM   #89
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
With playing another tournament next year, maybe he would play in a tournament then where the crowd is a bit more polite and appreciative to a non-Russian player and doesn't applaud EVERY, yes, really every serve fault of Kiefer for three seconds since the end of the 2nd set to the end of the match. To be honest, I was disappointed with this kind of behaviour because I thought the Muscovites have a bit more class than that. But nothing you can do about that, Andreev will have to pay his debt at some time too.

Well now that I know more about what happenned,I can see why he lost.First everyone or almost was against him.You know the more I get to know him,the more I see that he does appreciate to have people,fans in his corner,cheering for him.He DOES need the support.I know that most people see him as a strong person,he is but he is sensitive too and if he saw that it was him vs the world,he had no support except for thomas well,he didn,t fight.I remember,in indianapolis,it was so hot,I went to his single match and then we went for coffee and then I was like..are you joking you have another match tonight? yes it was in doubles.He was all nice,smiling pLEASE please you have to come,you have to be there,for me,it is against Americans and everyone else will be cheering for them..please.Of course,I did go.He needs the support,he needs to hear his fans cheer for him.And yes Dani ,if Andreev did that to him..one day,he,ll pay.Kiefer has always revenge on his mind when he loses a match...remember this year,clement and only this week,Mayer..he won.I hope that he,ll have fans in madrid.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #90
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
lol so I should hate Kiwi as well?
I just know Andreev took a timeout for his left leg and off the court to the BATHROOM.BTW you actually didn't answer my question.
I dont know how long that time-out lasted, cause I left watching at 75 30, because I was sure he would win it anyway; when I came back it was 4-4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
so Kiwi should not play French Open as well?

Come on, girls
its not very convincing to say crowd and Igor's timeout were the reasons for Kiwi's loss. He had many chances and just missed them. It would be not good if a former Top10 player would be irritated by a biased crowd and by a time-out taken....
No, the real problem is his mental fragility! He has to work on that. All Germans are head-cases