Andy to play Mons! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #16
country flag ClaycourtaZzZz.

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy to play Mons!

My brain worked

All youngsters

Murray Baghdatis Monfils JMDP Gasquet

Roger Federer, what an arrogant asshole.
ClaycourtaZzZz. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
country flag musefanatic

Location: In Monaco harbour waiting for next week's GP with a drunken Kimi
musefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo, go Andy!!! Great scoreline!

15 wins- 14 poles- 456 points

Murray HenmanNieminen Ferrero Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
oh then i come to share the bed
musefanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #18
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymonium
No I'm not new I just have a new name... And I'm terribly sorry... I certainly wasn't posting incorrect statements that would confuse everyone, I was ASKING, hence "Are you sure about this?"... I thought the idea of MTF was to ask questions and discuss things with other people... If everyone was shot down everytime they said something slightly wrong these forums wouldn't exist... There's no need to talk to people like that, especially if you think they are new.
Talk to people like what? Was my post really that harsh? I don't think it was, but if you are feeling 'shot down' then I apologize.

To clarify, Andy will be able to play ATP tournaments beginning the week of Oct 24th with either a wildcard or through qualifying. Don't be surprised if he takes a week and a half off after Mons because he needs a little bit of rest before playing the last two weeks of the season on the tour.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #19
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Murray reached the second round of the Ethias Trophy in Belgium with a 6-4 6-4 victory over Ivo Heuberger.

The 18-year-old Scot overcame tiredness following his first ATP Tour final in Bangkok on Sunday to see off the Swiss.

Murray, now 72nd in the rankings after losing to Roger Federer in Thailand, next plays Gregory Carraz of France.

His win in Mons was offset, however, by the news that he will have to qualify for next month's Madrid Masters after missing out on one of three wild cards.

They have been allocated to Spaniards Albert Costa and Fernando Verdasco with the third being selected by the readers of sports daily Marca.

They must decide between Alberto Martin, Nicolas Massu and James Blake.

Murray started brightly against Heuberger, racing into a 4-1 lead with breaks in the first and fifth games.

Heuberger responded to break back in the seventh but Murray had enough to close out the set without further alarm.

Heuberger was frustrated by a number of line calls and received a warning a from the umpire after letting his disappointment show.

He hit back to make the second set a tighter affair but could not get back on level terms after being broken in the fifth game.

Murray will play now due to face Carraz on Thursday evening.

The teenager is seeded seventh at the Challenger event but is now its the highest-ranked player after his performance in Thailand.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #20
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
Andy Murray reached the second round of the Ethias Trophy in Belgium with a 6-4 6-4 victory over Ivo Heuberger.

The 18-year-old Scot overcame tiredness following his first ATP Tour final in Bangkok on Sunday to see off the Swiss.

Murray, now 72nd in the rankings after losing to Roger Federer in Thailand, next plays Gregory Carraz of France.

His win in Mons was offset, however, by the news that he will have to qualify for next month's Madrid Masters after missing out on one of three wild cards.

They have been allocated to Spaniards Albert Costa and Fernando Verdasco with the third being selected by the readers of sports daily Marca.

Murray started brightly against Heuberger, racing into a 4-1 lead with breaks in the first and fifth games.

Heuberger responded to break back in the seventh but Murray had enough to close out the set without further alarm.

Heuberger was frustrated by a number of line calls and received a warning a from the umpire after letting his disappointment show.

He hit back to make the second set a tighter affair but could not get back on level terms after being broken in the fifth game.

Murray will play now due to face Carraz on Thursday evening.

The teenager is seeded seventh at the Challenger event but is now its the highest-ranked player after his performance in Thailand.
Where on earth did you see this report? What a lot of mistakes!
Madrid Masters starts October 17th, not next month.
Even if Andy had been given a wildcard he could not have accepted it because he has entered for Kolding that week.
And he could not play in qualifying because it clashes with Sacramento, where he is also entered.
He cannot play a main tour event before October 24th.
And he is not the highest-ranked player in the tournament;
I'm pretty sure Malisse and both the Rochus brothers are ranked higher.

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #21
country flag Duncan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Duncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond repute

it was on the bbc website me's thinks!
Duncan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:34 AM   #22
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on Andy on your 1st round win

Good Luck against Carraz !

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #23
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
it was on the bbc website me's thinks!
So it is! Good grief, what are they playing at!

Old 10-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #24
country flag Robxon

Robxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond reputeRobxon has a reputation beyond repute

I read this article last night. It is a regular occurrence with the BBC. I emailed a complaint expressing my dissatisfaction, pointing out their basic errors. I also explained why Andy could not play in the qualies. (see decrepitone above)

I have just noticed that they have updated the article. see below...
Murray claims Challenger victory

Latest results

His win in Mons was offset by the news that he will have to qualify for this month's Madrid Masters after missing out on one of three wild cards.

Murray, seeded seventh, will play Carraz on Thursday evening.

Oh well. I suppose it was too much for them to understand it all!!!
Robxon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #25
country flag decrepitude

I emailed them too, Robxon. At least they took SOME notice.

Old 10-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #26
country flag Duncan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Duncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitone
So it is! Good grief, what are they playing at!

i have no idea, it always happens though! with all sports.. You would think they would learn their lesson or hire better journalists!
Old 10-06-2005, 05:21 PM   #27
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for the dud article!
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #28
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Carraz, Andy
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #29
country flag Tennis_Mad

Tennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond reputeTennis_Mad has a reputation beyond repute

Andy wins!

7-5.6-3

How much more does this move Murray up the rankings?

Welcome to Murraymaina! (maybe)

Will anyone stop the Fed experess...on grass and hardcourt at least?

Nadal - The new king on clay !

Tennis_Mad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #30
country flag Duncan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Andy wins 7-5, 6-3!