The sentence of the day, A.clement... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-26-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default The sentence of the day, A.clement...

"To be atomized by Sampras: a dream !"

Arnaud said in "l'equipe", today:

"I often said that it would worry that Sampras retired before I have the occasion to play against him...and, unfortunatly, now it's too late.
Today, I say to myself, that in 50 years, when I will say to my grandchildren, with a quavering voice, " I played tennis when I was young", their first question will be "u play against Pete Sampras ?"...when I"ll answer "no", they won't belive that I played tennis.
Because Sampras, it will be written in all books that I mixed up with him during 5 years, without never have played him one only time.
It's not easy to classify him in my hierarchy of the greatest tennismen, but for me, there are 2 players in the top: Sampras and Agassi [...]
As a player, he was often incredible, I remember of a monstruous match, which marked me: the final of us open, the last year, against Agassi.
BUt, even if Sampras was formidable, he didn't be part of the players that I loved to watch to play.
Therefore, I really regret not have played him one only time. If I could play him, and choose the surface , I believe that I would choose...grass ! ...TO BE ATOMIZED BY SAMPRAS ON THE CENTRE COURT IN WIMBLEDON, IT CAN BE A DREAM, NO ?"

Arnaud has really big ambitions...but, as said Seb, "t'es fou mais c'est pour ça qu'on t'aime" !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The sentence of the day, A.clement...

arnaud is so funny and nice!i luv him!
Old 08-27-2003, 04:35 AM   #3
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

lol yeah
silly arnaud. wonder if sampras has any idea he said that about him
Old 08-31-2003, 05:55 AM   #4
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Has he done any commentary in French TV? I think he will be a great commentator. He is so funny which is a big contrast to Sampras.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

yeah well consdiering he is actually a PLAYER at the moment i dont think he's doing commentary on french tv now? lol but i think he will eventually.
if only his english was really good...he would so move to australia and commentate for us since he loves this great place so much!! that would be so cool
Old 08-31-2003, 06:00 PM   #6
sebgrosfan

sebgrosfan will become famous soon enough

Ha ha, that is so funny!! That just shows to me what a great guy Arnaud must be. This makes me like him a lot! Not that I didn't like him a lot before but it just increased. Also, this may sound stupid but I've been noticing lately that when Arnaud wins a match, how simply overjoyed and happy he seems. That's something I miss with Seb. Seb never really seems very happy on court. Arnaud, on the other hand, is just like a giddy 12-year-old.

Allez to the French gents and a big up to Tim! Further shouts out to Goran, Mr. Sampras and my two favourite former-players-turned-commentators: Johnny Mac and Boris!

Last edited by sebgrosfan : 08-31-2003 at 06:02 PM.
sebgrosfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 08:53 PM   #7
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebgrosfan
Also, this may sound stupid but I've been noticing lately that when Arnaud wins a match, how simply overjoyed and happy he seems. ... Arnaud, on the other hand, is just like a giddy 12-year-old.
I confirm...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 11:08 PM   #8
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: The sentence of the day, A.clement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esther
yeah well consdiering he is actually a PLAYER at the moment i dont think he's doing commentary on french tv now? lol but i think he will eventually.
if only his english was really good...he would so move to australia and commentate for us since he loves this great place so much!! that would be so cool
In US, they love to grab a player (of course US players) to the commentary booth and talked about tennis, etc and usually asked the player to comment the on going match. I think Arnaud will light up the match there if he does
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #9
country flag esther

ooh really even if they are actually playign now?! they never do that here but then again...coverage here is gay as so not surprising there...!!

lol arnaud will definately light up ANY match!!!!