~Davis Cup 2006: 1st round against Germany~ - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #76
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Davis Cup 2006~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via
liz??!!

now i know why i post so much... i'm sick all the time lol

is anyone actually GOING to the tie in germany?
Yes, I'm going

Old 02-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #77
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Davis Cup 2006: 1st round against Germany~

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteSadness
yeah sure...

I completely disagree, I don't think it is that easy to withdraw from exhibition 5 days before it, especially when you are not informed that going there can exclude you from the team.

(on va se prendre une taule en Allemagne )
Well, actually, on the official website of the fft, Forget in his audio interview said that he had phoned the director of the tournament, and there would have been no problem for Santoro to withdraw (He could have been replaced by Montfils )

Clément making comments about Santoro... He'd better thank Forget instead!!!

Anyway, here are some little videos:

http://sport.france3.fr/tout-le-spor...id_article=330

http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/index...id_article=242
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #78
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the videos. You didn't see the end of the report but of course Chamoulaud defended Forget and said Fabrice was wrong ("there are rules...")

Well, I'll try to forget santoro's tears (what a sad video) and cheer the team though.
But if they lose the double..aieeee
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #79
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
Thanks for the videos. You didn't see the end of the report but of course Chamoulaud defended Forget and said Fabrice was wrong ("there are rules...")
Oh thanks for that. It's not surprising coming from Chamouleau.

I laughed when I read the coments of Gasquet about Santoro commiting to the exib match "il a commis une petite faute". He just wants to support the captain but at the same time, he tries to be diplomatic towards Fab...

Quote:
Well, I'll try to forget santoro's tears (what a sad video) and cheer the team though.
But if they lose the double..aieeee
I prefer not to think about it now... but yes! Clément is going to have some extra pressure for the double after all this.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #80
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
I laughed when I read the coments of Gasquet about Santoro commiting to the exib match "il a commis une petite faute". He just wants to support the captain but at the same time, he tries to be diplomatic towards Fab...

Yes I think arnaud was more virulent than seb and richard. But I'm not surprised it seems arnaud has not been in good terms with fabrice since the last events. Seb was at fabrice's 1/4 in Melbourne, tv showed him with amelie (and guy lol) cheering for fabrice.
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #81
country flag *julie*

Quote:
Yes I think arnaud was more virulent than seb and richard. But I'm not surprised it seems arnaud has not been in good terms with fabrice since the last events. Seb was at fabrice's 1/4 in Melbourne, tv showed him with amelie (and guy lol) cheering for fabrice.
Yes, I saw that. I was like "oh, that's good to see all of them supporting Fab. It seems a good atmosphere is back in the group...etc "

And besides all this, Haas has just won a new title. Things couldn't have been better.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #82
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

fabrice may have a good reason to be upset but he isn't going to let people forget him and move on so easily, is he?

but that's what they'll have to do in order to focus on the tie instead of who they have missed out. arnaud will have to play his best if he's selected for the doubles... with or without this controversy.

... kezzi, have fun in germany
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #83
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I prefer not to think about it now... but yes! Clément is going to have some extra pressure for the double after all this.

I knew it. He made those comments to please Forget.

Yep, and if they lose the doubles...
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #84
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I saw that. I was like "oh, that's good to see all of them supporting Fab. It seems a good atmosphere is back in the group...etc "

And besides all this, Haas has just won a new title. Things couldn't have been better.
I'm going to bet all my vCash on Germany.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #85
country flag *julie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via
fabrice may have a good reason to be upset but he isn't going to let people forget him and move on so easily, is he?

but that's what they'll have to do in order to focus on the tie instead of who they have missed out. arnaud will have to play his best if he's selected for the doubles... with or without this controversy.

... kezzi, have fun in germany
Yes, lets hope they will focus on their match and fight hard.

Interview of Forget from the day he announced the team (on the 31st january)
Quote:

Guy Forget : ''L’Allemagne est favorite''

Pour affronter des Allemands en plein renouveau, à Halle, le capitaine tricolore a retenu Arnaud Clément, Richard Gasquet, Sébastien Grosjean, Michaël Llodra et, comme cinquième joueur - remplaçant, Paul-Henri Mathieu. Même si, à ses yeux, l’Allemagne apparaît logiquement favorite de ce premier tour, avec les retours en force de Nicolas Kiefer et Tommy Haas, Guy Forget estime son équipe capable de s’imposer à l’extérieur.

Guy, quels joueurs avez-vous sélectionnés pour ce premier tour ?
J’ai sélectionné Sébastien Grosjean, Richard Gasquet, Arnaud Clément et Michaël Llodra, avec Paul-Henri Mathieu comme cinquième joueur. Mais Paul-Henri est un cinquième joueur qui a valeur de quatrième.

"Gasquet ? Tout peut vite rentrer dans l'ordre"

Pourquoi n’avez-vous pas retenu Fabrice Santoro ?
Je suis allé le voir jouer en Australie et sa qualité tennistique m’avait convaincu. Je pensais que le timing était bon pour le réintégrer dans le groupe, ce que je lui ai dit il y a quarante-huit heures (le 29 janvier dernier), en lui annonçant que je le sélectionnais dans l’équipe. C’était le moment de faire table rase du passé, des petites tensions qu’il avait pu y avoir entre Fabrice et ses copains, entre lui et moi. Mais il y a eu un problème à cause d’un engagement qu’il avait sur une exhibition samedi (le 4 février prochain, dans le cadre du tournoi des "Petits As"), alors que je réunis, dès ce jour-là, l’ensemble des joueurs à Roland-Garros, afin qu’on se retrouve sur le court, mais aussi en dehors. Quand on a des joueurs éparpillés au quatre coins de la planète, il n’est pas simple de les faire retravailler avec une logique d’esprit d’équipe. Le fait de se retrouver plus tôt que les autres équipes est un plus.

La relative méforme de Richard Gasquet ne vous inquiète-t-elle pas ?
J’aurais effectivement préféré qu’il soit demi-finaliste à l’Open d’Australie, c’est une certitude( ) ! Cette semaine, il est à Zagreb et je pense qu’avec quelques victoires, tout peut vite rentrer dans l’ordre. Physiquement, il a fait une bonne préparation cet hiver et il n’est pas mal du tout. Il manque un peu de confiance et quelques victoires lui feraient du bien. C’est pour ça que je lui ai demandé d’aller jouer à Zagreb et j’espère que ça va vraiment le stimuler.

"Les premiers tours sont toujours difficiles"

Concernant Gaël Monfils, pourquoi ne l’avez-vous pas sélectionné ?
C’était difficile, car Gaël de par son classement, de par ses résultats à Doha, méritait complètement d’être dans l’équipe. Maintenant, je n’ai pas été totalement convaincu par sa prestation à l’Open d’Australie. Je sais ce dont il est capable et j’attends vraiment une réaction de sa part. J’attends qu’il me montre son vrai visage dans les grands rendez-vous. Je sais qu’il peut le faire, qu’il en est capable. Il en a le talent et, j’en suis sûr, la volonté. Maintenant, les autres ont vraiment bien joué. S’ils n’avaient pas eu ces résultats-là à Melbourne, peut-être qu’effectivement, je l’aurais pris. Je suis sûr, comme il a du caractère, qu’il va avoir une réaction par rapport à ça. Et sur la prochaine rencontre, il peut très bien être titulaire en simple. Avec ces jeunes-là, qui sont en progrès constants, tout peut arriver.

Avez-vous l’impression que c’est le premier tour le plus difficile que vous ayez à jouer depuis longtemps ?
Non, les premiers tours sont toujours difficiles, car on n’est jamais à l’abri d’un match de relégation si ça se passe mal. On n’a pas le droit de perdre. En l’occurrence, là, sur le papier, on va dire que ce sont eux les favoris. On se retrouve donc dans une situation un peu différente de celle de l’année dernière. On avait une équipe qui était presque aussi forte face à nous mais on jouait à domicile. Paul-Henri Mathieu avait fait un week-end extraordinaire et on s’en était sorti, mais c’était un match très difficile aussi. Je ne pense donc pas que ce premier tour soit forcément plus délicat que celui de l’année dernière. Seulement, c’est vrai que les Allemands ont battu nos deux meilleurs joueurs à Melbourne (NDLR : Haas a battu Gasquet au premier tour et Kiefer a dominé Grosjean en quart de finale) et qu’aujourd’hui, ils sont mieux classés que nous. Clairement, à domicile, ce sont les favoris.

"On a un plan" (Really? Is it throwing a racket on Kiefer to make him got mad? )

On peut dire que les joueurs allemands reviennent en forme au mauvais moment…
Oui, exactement ! C’est le cas de le dire. Au moins, ça a eu le mérite de nous montrer quel était leur vrai niveau de jeu et de nous mettre en garde. Cela nous pousse à être prêts, à faire des efforts terribles pour justement arriver à jouer notre meilleur tennis et, pourquoi pas, les battre. Mais ce sera effectivement très, très difficile.

Les Allemands partent favoris sur le papier, mais la Coupe Davis est une épreuve à part. Comment allez-vous motiver vos joueurs ?
Les joueurs bien sûr sont motivés. Avec Patrice Hagelauer, on est allés à Melbourne, Rodolphe Gilbert y était aussi, pour justement observer les Français, mais aussi les joueurs allemands. On a noté un tas de petites choses les concernant, par rapport à leurs forces mais surtout les petites lacunes qu’ils peuvent avoir. Aujourd’hui, on sait dans quel sens on va aller. On a un plan, dont on va parler avec les joueurs, afin de surprendre Haas et Kiefer dans les moments importants. Ca va être difficile, mais les joueurs sont "méga" motivés. J’en suis convaincu, ils vont tout donner sur le terrain, que ce soit en simple ou en double. Mon équipe de double sera forcément différente aujourd’hui, mais je pense qu’on est plus forts que les Allemands sur le papier en double et je compte sur ce point. On va vivre une belle rencontre de Coupe Davis et tout le reste, tout ce qui s’est passé auparavant, toutes les petites anecdotes concernant Pierre, Paul ou Jacques, ce n’est pas intéressant. Ce qui est beau dans le sport, c’est le fait qu’on va jouer les Allemands. Et j’espère que demain, dans les journaux, je ne vais pas entendre parler une fois encore de la "problématique" Fabrice Santoro qui a très bien joué en Australie, mais plutôt du challenge de Richard Gasquet, de Sébastien Grosjean, de Michaël Llodra et des autres face aux joueurs allemands. C’est ça qui est intéressant. A la fin de la rencontre, si on a gagné, ce que j’espère, plus personne ne parlera du petit incident qu’on a pu avoir hier soir (lundi 30 janvier).

(Propos recueillis par le service information de la FFT)
If some of you want me to translate it, just ask

Last edited by *julie* : 02-06-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:13 AM   #86
country flag silverwhite

BTW, Paulo didn't comment?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:23 AM   #87
country flag *julie*

He is only the 5th player. The journalists might have not asked him anything.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #88
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Cette semaine, il est à Zagreb et je pense qu’avec quelques victoires, tout peut vite rentrer dans l’ordre.
Unfortunately, he only got one.

Quote:
C’est pour ça que je lui ai demandé d’aller jouer à Zagreb et j’espère que ça va vraiment le stimuler.
So that's why he requested a WC...

Quote:
"On a un plan" (Really? Is is throwing a racket on Kiefer to make him got mad? )

Apparently, Kiefer has been teasing his French grandmother about this tie.

Quote:
Mon équipe de double sera forcément différente aujourd’hui, mais je pense qu’on est plus forts que les Allemands sur le papier en double et je compte sur ce point.
They'd better win the doubles now...

Quote:
On va vivre une belle rencontre de Coupe Davis et tout le reste, tout ce qui s’est passé auparavant, toutes les petites anecdotes concernant Pierre, Paul ou Jacques, ce n’est pas intéressant. Ce qui est beau dans le sport, c’est le fait qu’on va jouer les Allemands. Et j’espère que demain, dans les journaux, je ne vais pas entendre parler une fois encore de la "problématique" Fabrice Santoro qui a très bien joué en Australie, mais plutôt du challenge de Richard Gasquet, de Sébastien Grosjean, de Michaël Llodra et des autres face aux joueurs allemands. C’est ça qui est intéressant. A la fin de la rencontre, si on a gagné, ce que j’espère, plus personne ne parlera du petit incident qu’on a pu avoir hier soir (lundi 30 janvier).
His wish came true.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #89
country flag *julie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Unfortunately, he only got one.

So that's why he requested a WC...

Apparently, Kiefer has been teasing his French grandmother about this tie.

They'd better win the doubles now...

His wish came true.
I shouldn't laugh but...
That's a nervous laugh!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #90
country flag silverwhite

Which comment are you laughing at?

Can't wait for DC vBetting to be up...