~Davis Cup 2006: 1st round against Germany~ - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #181
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Davis Cup 2006: 1st round against Germany~

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Germans are the nicest.

It's good and completely deserved that the final score is 3-2 because of how the German players fought to make this a fantastic tie with wonderful tennis.

Thanks for the info Silverwhite. It was not televised (not on terrestrial tv at least...) here.

The last article from daviscup.com:
That's really true, I talked to Haas, Kühnen and Waske after Saturdays match and they were really nice to the fans, even though they lost. Hasi even wished us a nice evening .

And I'm happy with that score too, it was great tennis to watch . It was really worth it to travel 4 hours by train .

Old 02-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #182
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I'll post some pics later. They are all blurry, because I had to use my maximum digital zoom so that I could identify the players on the pics . My sister and I were seated on row 13 and row 17 was all the way in the back . We had a good view, but on pics everything looks smaller than in real life .
Old 02-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #183
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi
Saturday evening I talked to Layhani and he thinks that France is a great team and that they won because of their team spirit.
Mohamed Layhani ????
I love this umpire, he took very good decisions (always at france's advantage). And he's very smiling. It's surprising he said that I didn't know umpires can give their opinions..eh bravo to him

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #184
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi
I'll post some pics later. They are all blurry, because I had to use my maximum digital zoom so that I could identify the players on the pics . My sister and I were seated on row 13 and row 17 was all the way in the back . We had a good view, but on pics everything looks smaller than in real life .
I've always the same problem kezzi, but thanks for sharing ur pics (soon).
Did u talk to french players ?

Guy Forget
Old 02-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #185
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
Mohamed Layhani ????
I love this umpire, he took very good decisions (always at france's advantage). And he's very smiling. It's surprising he said that I didn't know umpires can give their opinions..eh bravo to him
I don't know if they can give their opinions, but he didn't say Germany is a bad team. He just said he believes that France won, because they are such a great team, but that it would be more exciting for tennis itself to have a score of 2-1 on saturday.
I think umpires can give opinions about a certain event they work at, everyone has their own opinion, so why not an umpire? Im my opnion it's ok, as long as it doesn't affect his decisions while sitting on the chair. And I don't believe Layhani is affected by that, in my eyes he almost always makes the right decisions, he's a great umpire and really nice
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #186
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
I've always the same problem kezzi, but thanks for sharing ur pics (soon).
Did u talk to french players ?
I usually don't have blurry pics from Rotterdam and Rosmalen, but that's because I always watch training and the matches on the smaller courts. Centre court is too big for a small girl like me I only go there when I really want to see a match, but my fav's usually don't play on centre in Holland when they don't have a Dutchie to play against .

Yeah, I talked to Arnaud and Llodra. That's a really funny story .
Like 1,5 hours later from when we've met Layhani (he came out after 15 min already) we were standing at the door to the press room with just 5 people waiting for Arnaud and Llodra. The other Frenchies except Forget left earlier and we didn't see Seb walking by. So I think Seb went to the hotel through the tunnel from the stadium to the hotel.
We weren't sure if Arnaud was still there, but then my sister and another girl spotted him in the back of the press room. I found out a door where I could see everyone who's walking through that tunnel and Arnaud was walking in that direction. I ran as fast as I could to that door, so that I could let Arnaud know there were fans waiting outside, my sister and the other 3 girls were still waiting by the pressroom.
At one point I heard my sister and another girl yelling 'Arnaud! Arnaud!', so I walked back and asked them what was going on and they told me the door opened and Arnaud was still in the back and he heard them. Like 10 minutes after he and Llodra came outside and took time for pics and autographs and a little chat with everyone that was there.
My sister and gave him a really nice picture of Bruno, which we took at the Arag World Team Cup 2005 and Arnaud told us he would make sure Bruno get's it . Normally we don't give them pics of theirselves or family, but it was just such a nice pic we really wanted Bruno to have a copy too. Too bad he wasn't there, it would be really cool if we could give it to him ourselves .

That's a quite a long story I'm still really bouncy from my first DC tie I've attended

I also made some movies and pics from the French fanclub, they were sitting in the block right in front of us. Do you think I can just email that to them? Their website is www.aseft.com, right?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #187
country flag Marine

Thanks for the report.

1991 – 1996 – 2001 – 2006 ???.. interesting this stats

(safin, davidenko, andreev, youzhny in 1/4... )

Guy Forget
Old 02-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #188
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

ohhh you lucky girl kezzi..... you should post your arnaud report in arnaud's forum so that fans can freely express their jealousy

how come stadium security is so relaxed everywhere except in sydney?????

thanks for all the stories, love them

regarding pessimism... got to point out that it's a lot easier to be optimistic after the fact, you know. but i'm sure you were so all the way!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #189
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(safin, davidenko, andreev, youzhny in 1/4... )
there there there. again!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:47 AM   #190
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with being pessimistic. The less you expect, the greater the pleasure of being proven wrong.

Great report, Kezzi.

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:16 AM   #191
country flag InfiniteSadness

InfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Nothing wrong with being pessimistic. The less you expect, the greater the pleasure of being proven wrong.
Exactly!!!

I'm like that too.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
InfiniteSadness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:01 PM   #192
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via
ohhh you lucky girl kezzi..... you should post your arnaud report in arnaud's forum so that fans can freely express their jealousy

how come stadium security is so relaxed everywhere except in sydney?????

thanks for all the stories, love them

regarding pessimism... got to point out that it's a lot easier to be optimistic after the fact, you know. but i'm sure you were so all the way!
I'll copy it to Arnauds forum later .

Pics will be up later today . I have a whole new camera, so first I have to install everything again on my computer .

And in Rotterdam the stadium security isn't that relaxed either, at court 1 it's easy to meet players, but the fans can't get near the player's on centre court after a match. You just hope for the 'big' players to go to training on the same day if you're only there one day.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #193
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteSadness
Exactly!!!

I'm like that too.
I'm not like that at all . I'm really optimistic about almost everything, sometimes I'm a little too optimistic, but so far that never worked out bad for me . But it isn't the kind of positive that I expect a lot, it's more like I really believe in what people can do, in this case the French DC team. A really weird explanation, but I hope you know what I mean .

But it's also true that the pleasure is bigger when you don't expect a lot. I usually don't expect a lot from my exams when I haven't studied very well and then I'm really happy when I get a good grade back .
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #194
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to read this

There will be an interview of Santoro as well. Maybe we will learn more about all the Forget/Santoro story...
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #195
country flag Marine

I can't wait neither !!! Did anyone read it ? I'll buy it tomorrow I think...