~Davis Cup 2006: 1st round against Germany~ - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #151
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Davis Cup 2006: 1st round against Germany~

great to see such positive feelings and turnaround in sentiment. winners are grinners, as always... one can only hope for that one more win to seal it for a happy ending.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #152
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Erm...Not really. That's rather a way of saying that he's really hoping that his partners will be able to win the tie for the team so that he won't need to play of the week-end any more...
You should listen to the audio this quote is taken from, SW...
That's rather concerning actually. That means that he's wary of the "problems" they could have if they don't win the doubles tomorrow... => That means he's not that confident on the contrary...uhoh...
No, I meant that he seems quite confident that the doubles team will win.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #153
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...If they don't finish it off today, they're fucked...

I can't see them win any of the singles now seing the atmosphere, the situation etc...

So Mica and Arnaud'd better win this!!

I'm already imagining all the polemic about Forget not selecting Santoro in doubles if that happens...erm...
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #154
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Yep...If they don't finish it off today, they're fucked...

I can't see them win any of the singles now seing the atmosphere, the situation etc...

So Mica and Arnaud'd better win this!!

I'm already imagining all the polemic about Forget not selecting Santoro in doubles if that happens...erm...
eeehhh you're more pessimistic than me !
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #155
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Delsa! My master when it comes to pessimism!

I have the same feeling though. The doubles is their best chance out of the 3 remaining rubbers and if they don't win this... And yes, Fabrice would have practically ensured that they won the doubles...
Old 02-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #156
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Delsa! My master when it comes to pessimism!

I have the same feeling though. The doubles is their best chance out of the 3 remaining rubbers and if they don't win this... And yes, Fabrice would have practically ensured that they won the doubles...
ehhh don't be so hard with arnaud, okay fabrice would have deserved his place but the last time, it's arnaud who had been very good in the double, not micka. I think arnaud will be la clé of the victory
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #157
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
ehhh don't be so hard with arnaud, okay fabrice would have deserved his place but the last time, it's arnaud who had been very good in the double, not micka. I think arnaud will be la clé of the victory
I'm a bit now about today's match although I would have been more confident if it was Fab playing.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #158
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

It is saturday and they already qualified... Unbelievable!

BRAVO

Next round : Russia

Well let's celebrate before thinking about that!

I must say congrats to Forget as well. He was very criticized with the Santoro's story but he did a GREAT JOB on his chair with Richard and Seb!
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #159
country flag Anne-Claire

Anne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond repute

HI!

What a nice week end of Davis Cup!

Congrats to all the guys of the French Team

Thanks to this victory, Guy won't have to justified his choice anymore and let's hope that the whole Fab story will stay a very bad moment for the team... if we had lost this tie... it would have been really tough for Guy!

One more thing, l'equipe de France a un p**** esprit d'equipe qui lui fait realiser des exploits... rien a voir avec lequipe allemande....

Janko - Nenad - Ana

Visit my Novak's website >> www.noledjokovic.com
Anne-Claire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #160
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Claire
HI!

One more thing, l'equipe de France a un p**** esprit d'equipe qui lui fait realiser des exploits... rien a voir avec lequipe allemande....
Ben moi j'ai pas pu voir les matchs donc l'esprit d'équipe j'ai pas pu m'en rendre compte mais c'est vrai que c'est souvent une grande force de l'équipe.

I hope there won't be any controversies in the future, and that Seb will play the quarters this time.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #161
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

GRANDIOSE!!!!
TONITRUANT!!!
ESTOMACANT!!!
ÉPOUSTOUFLANT!!!
RENVERSANT!!!

You see? My exageration of pessimism worked!!!!!

Will we get to see Paulo play a fifth rubber now, Silverwhite?

What an upset!!! Who would have believed it before it started that if a team was to win this tie 3-0 it would have been France?...Not me at least...

Congrats to the Germans for the way they fought till the end though...There were very very beautiful matches here and they were responsible for a good part of that.

Now, Russia next for them...again...
They have some kind of inferiority complex with this team...
And the so-called 'home advantage' never works for them in those case it seems...

I must admit Forget behaved perfectly...
But still...
Santoro should have been there.

Like Julie said, hopefully Séb will be so kind to show up this time...
I think he will. He's learned his lesson and the anger his behaviour provoked last year from the public will stay in his head i think...For exemple this time his wife was supposed to give birth in two weeks etc...and everything and he still came to do the job so...

!!!BIEN JOUÉ L'ÉQUIPE DE FRANCE!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #162
country flag delsa

In spite of the fuss in which all that started, you could feel the team spirit....

"Gardons cette flamme !"
De Guy Forget à propos de l'esprit d'équipe qui règne chez les Bleus.

Last edited by delsa : 02-11-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #163
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

congrats to the french team... who would have thought really? winning 3-0. the team certainly has more confidence than its fans

and yeah, arnaud deserves a pat on the back. keeping focused on the job. since no one is giving him much credit, i will do it myself

same goes to the rest of the team and the captain
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:31 AM   #164
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulation the to all the players and Guy and the whole team

*Paulo*
Old 02-12-2006, 04:39 AM   #165
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome
*Paulo*
It would seriously be great to see him play the fifth rubber!