European PGA Tour - Dunhill Links Championship - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default European PGA Tour - Dunhill Links Championship

After being successful 2 weeks ago in the World Match Play Championships, I've had a bit of a look at the European PGA Tour this week. I'm not going to play the US PGA Tour event this week.

Onto my plays for the Dunhill Links Championship!

Darren Clarke to win this tournament is sticking out to me. Odds of $15 is too nice. I'm on him to win this tournament.

Darren Clarke to win @ $15

I like the form McGinley has been in.

Top 10 finish I'm playing Paul McGinley @ $3.50 aswell as Padraig Hammilton @ $2.40.

Also if Darren Clarke doesn't win, he will finish top 10 so I will put a bet on him too. $2.75

Money to be made there in the top 10 finish for all 3 players.

To keep me occupied throughout the tournament I am playing the following Round 1 - 2 balls.

David Howell over Joakim Haeggman @ $1.55
Padraig Harrington over Graeme McDowell @ $1.88
Darren Clarke over Lee Westwood @ $1.95
Paul McGinley over Colin Montgomery @ $2.05

Cheers and good luck!

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Last edited by Bolar Bolabi : 09-29-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
country flag Yoel and co.

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: European PGA Tour - Dunhill Links Championship

What do you think about Garcia winning Forest Oaks ?
Yoel and co. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #3

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoel and co.
What do you think about Garcia winning Forest Oaks ?
Just had a look at the tournament. I like his chances a lot. I'm not that confident in him however, but I will play him.

His odds of $9 are juicy. I'm going to play him.

I expect Charles Howell III and definately Adam Scott and more importantly K J Choi to be up there aswell near the lead at the end of the tournament. So they are probably good bets for top 10 finishes.

I'm putting a small amount on K.J. Choi to win aswell. $31 where I'm looking.

Garcia at $9 is the main bet.

Round 1 - 3 balls to keep me interested in today's play. Only 4 I like.

Adam Scott @ $2 to beat Tim Herron and Loren Roberts
Sergio Garcia @ $1.72 to beat Jay Haas and Mark O'Meara
K.J Choi @ $2.45 to beat Shigeki Maruyama and Jeff Sluman
Charles Howell III @ $2.45 to beat John Daly and John Huston

Last edited by Bolar Bolabi : 09-29-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
country flag Yoel and co.

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I got Garcia @ 11 at Willhill
Yoel and co. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoel and co.
Thanks. I got Garcia @ 11 at Willhill
Lets hope he produces the goods for us!

The Garcia, Choi and Howell plays today for round 1 are very solid.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #6

Darren Clarke sitting 4 under atm half way through his first round, 1 shot off the lead.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi
After being successful 2 weeks ago in the World Match Play Championships, I've had a bit of a look at the European PGA Tour this week. I'm not going to play the US PGA Tour event this week.

Onto my plays for the Dunhill Links Championship!

Darren Clarke to win this tournament is sticking out to me. Odds of $15 is too nice. I'm on him to win this tournament.

Darren Clarke to win @ $15

I like the form McGinley has been in.

Top 10 finish I'm playing Paul McGinley @ $3.50 aswell as Padraig Hammilton @ $2.40.

Also if Darren Clarke doesn't win, he will finish top 10 so I will put a bet on him too. $2.75

Money to be made there in the top 10 finish for all 3 players.

To keep me occupied throughout the tournament I am playing the following Round 1 - 2 balls.

Cheers and good luck!
David Howell over Joakim Haeggman @ $1.55 - WON
Padraig Harrington over Graeme McDowell @ $1.88 -LOST
Darren Clarke over Lee Westwood @ $1.95 - WON
Paul McGinley over Colin Montgomery @ $2.05 - LOST

Darren Clarke is on -4 with a group of leaders on -5. Good position.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Just had a look at the tournament. I like his chances a lot. I'm not that confident in him however, but I will play him.

His odds of $9 are juicy. I'm going to play him.

I expect Charles Howell III and definately Adam Scott and more importantly K J Choi to be up there aswell near the lead at the end of the tournament. So they are probably good bets for top 10 finishes.

I'm putting a small amount on K.J. Choi to win aswell. $31 where I'm looking.

Garcia at $9 is the main bet.

Round 1 - 3 balls to keep me interested in today's play. Only 4 I like.

Adam Scott @ $2 to beat Tim Herron and Loren Roberts
Sergio Garcia @ $1.72 to beat Jay Haas and Mark O'Meara
K.J Choi @ $2.45 to beat Shigeki Maruyama and Jeff Sluman
Charles Howell III @ $2.45 to beat John Daly and John Huston
Adam Scott @ $2 to beat Tim Herron and Loren Roberts - LOST
Sergio Garcia @ $1.72 to beat Jay Haas and Mark O'Meara - WON
K.J Choi @ $2.45 to beat Shigeki Maruyama and Jeff Sluman - WON
Charles Howell III @ $2.45 to beat John Daly and John Huston - LOST

Choi is outright second on -8. Leader is on -10.

Garcia is 7 shots back on -3.

Lets go Choi!

Old 09-30-2005, 06:35 AM   #9

Dunhill Links Championship

Round 2 - 2 balls

Darren Clarke over Lee Westwood @ $1.83
Ian Poulter over Mark Roe @ $1.50
Colin Montgomerie over Paul McGinley @ $1.75

Chrysler Classic Round 2 - 3 balls

Sergio Garcia over Mark O'Meara and Jay Haas @ $1.60 (Easy money)
K J Choi to continue his run over Shigeki Maruyama and Jeff Sluman @ $2.25 (BANK IT)
Adam Scott to bounce back over Loren Roberts and Tim Herron @ $2.25 (Adam usually has poor first rounds but good second rounds)

Old 09-30-2005, 06:38 AM   #10

Interesting to note that Choi's odds to win have moved from $31 where I got him into favourite @ $7.50.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:04 AM   #11

Quote:

Round 2 - 2 balls

Darren Clarke over Lee Westwood @ $1.83
Ian Poulter over Mark Roe @ $1.50
Colin Montgomerie over Paul McGinley @ $1.75

Sergio Garcia over Mark O'Meara and Jay Haas @ $1.60 (Easy money)
K J Choi to continue his run over Shigeki Maruyama and Jeff Sluman @ $2.25 (BANK IT)
Adam Scott to bounce back over Loren Roberts and Tim Herron @ $2.25 (Adam usually has poor first rounds but good second rounds)

Round 2 - 2 balls

Darren Clarke over Lee Westwood @ $1.83 -LOST
Ian Poulter over Mark Roe @ $1.50 - WON
Colin Montgomerie over Paul McGinley @ $1.75 - WON

Sergio Garcia over Mark O'Meara and Jay Haas @ $1.60 (Easy money) - WON
K J Choi to continue his run over Shigeki Maruyama and Jeff Sluman @ $2.25 (BANK IT) - LOST - Choi hit a 3 under and Maruyama hit a 7 under.
Adam Scott to bounce back over Loren Roberts and Tim Herron (Adam usually has poor first rounds but good second rounds) -LOST

Choi is still in second position, on -11. Leader is John Huston on -12 after shooting a 66 6 under.

Garcia is tied 17th on -6, 6 shots off the pace.

If Garcia needs to win, he needs a strong third round or it's over for him. I believe K J Choi will win this tournament. The winner will finish -16.

In the Dunhill Links, Colin Montgomerie is leading on -9. Darren Clarke is on -1. So my winner has gone down the drain in this tournament.

Will be back later with my round 3 2 ball picks.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:12 AM   #12

DUNHILL LINKS CHAMPIONSHIP

Third round plays:

Colin Montgomerie to win @ $3.50 - it will make up for my Darren Clarke bet I will lose.

Okay, Round 3 - 2 balls

Colin Montgomerie over Paul McGinely @ $1.70
Ian Poulter over Mark Roe @ $1.53
Richard Green over Henrik Stenson @ $2.05

CHRYSLER CLASSIC

Round 3 - 2 balls

Sergio Garcia over Ben Curtis @ $1.60 (Garcia will have a big third round)
Shigeki Maruyama over Tim Clarke @ $1.90
K J Choi over John Huston @ $1.83 (I believe that Choi will take the lead at the end of this round hence why I have him beating the leader)

Old 10-02-2005, 12:44 AM   #13

Quote:

Third round plays:

Colin Montgomerie to win @ $3.50 - it will make up for my Darren Clarke bet I will lose.

Okay, Round 3 - 2 balls

Colin Montgomerie over Paul McGinely @ $1.70
Ian Poulter over Mark Roe @ $1.53
Richard Green over Henrik Stenson @ $2.05

CHRYSLER CLASSIC

Round 3 - 2 balls

Sergio Garcia over Ben Curtis @ $1.60 (Garcia will have a big third round)
Shigeki Maruyama over Tim Clarke @ $1.90
K J Choi over John Huston @ $1.83 (I believe that Choi will take the lead at the end of this round hence why I have him beating the leader)

Third round plays:

Okay, Round 3 - 2 balls

Colin Montgomerie over Paul McGinely @ $1.70 - LOST
Ian Poulter over Mark Roe @ $1.53 - WON
Richard Green over Henrik Stenson @ $2.05 - LOST

Leaderboard:

1. Kenneth Ferrie -13
2. Ricardo Gonzalez -8
2. Henrik Stenson -8
2. Colin Montgomerie -8
5. Pierre Fulke -7
6. Paul Casey -6

CHRYSLER CLASSIC

Round 3 - 2 balls

Sergio Garcia over Ben Curtis @ $1.60 (Garcia will have a big third round) - I WAS RIGHT AND BET WON Garcia shot -6 and it moves him to -12, 4 shots off the pace. Ben Curtis shot a +7.

Shigeki Maruyama over Tim Clarke @ $1.90 - WON Maruyama is tied for 3rd, 1 shot off the pace after shooting -6. Tim Clarke shot -2.

K J Choi over John Huston @ $1.83 (I believe that Choi will take the lead at the end of this round hence why I have him beating the leader) - WON I was correct again. Choi hit a -5 and Huston hit a 2 over. Choi is now equal lead on -16 with D J Trahan.

Leaderboard as it stands:

T1. D J Trahan -16
T1. K J Choi -16
T3. Jason Bohn -15
T3. Shigeki Maryuma -15
5. Justin Rose -14
6. Tim Herron -13
T7. Robert Gamez -12
T7. Sergio Garcia -12
T7. Brandt Jobe -12

Old 10-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #14

Final days play

Round 4 2 balls

Paul McGinley over Marcus Brier @ $1.68
Henrik Stenson over Ricardo Gonzalez @ $1.67
Colin Montgomerie over Kenneth Ferrie @ $1.70

Montgomerie may be 5 behind the leader, Ferrie, however, I do believe that Montgomerie will still get up to win.

Chrysler Classic

Round 4 2 balls.

Sergio Garcia to continue giving me money but this time over Robert Gamez @ $1.60
Tim Herron over Justin Rose @ $1.90
K J Choi over D.J Trahan @ $1.65 (K J Choi will win this tournament and to do so, he needs to go better than Trahan who shares the lead with him)
Shigeki Maruyma over Jason Bohn @ $1.93 (Shigeki has been hitting the ball extremely well over the last 2 rounds. Can see him continue this form up and get a top 5 finish.)

Good luck!

-------------------------------------

I say BRING ON THE AUSTRALIAN GOLFING SUMMER. Where we can sit down and watch live golf all day long. Always the favourite time of the year for me seeing the Australian open, the Australian PGA etc.

Old 10-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Final days play

Montgomerie may be 5 behind the leader, Ferrie, however, I do believe that Montgomerie will still get up to win.
After 8 holes, Montgomerie has shot a 2 under and Ferrie a 2 over and the leaderboard stands at.

Ferrie -11
Montgomerie -10
Paul Casey -8
Ricardo Gonzalez -8

Going to be an interesting last 10 holes.