~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~ - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #706
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~

Great Australian all the way around for Ivo. He's playing fantastic right now, definitely the best of his career. He's never looked so comfortable off the ground. If he keeps current form he should quickly rise back near top 20.

If Ivo were to get a top doubles partner he could easily be one of the top 8 doubles teams and qualify for year end masters. He serves very well, provides great support for his partner at the net, and does an effective job attacking 2nd serves. Even with Vemic he could stand a chance. I just wish Vemic had a stronger serve.
Ivo#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #707
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo#1Fan View Post
Great Australian all the way around for Ivo. He's playing fantastic right now, definitely the best of his career. He's never looked so comfortable off the ground. If he keeps current form he should quickly rise back near top 20.

If Ivo were to get a top doubles partner he could easily be one of the top 8 doubles teams and qualify for year end masters. He serves very well, provides great support for his partner at the net, and does an effective job attacking 2nd serves. Even with Vemic he could stand a chance. I just wish Vemic had a stronger serve.
Are you kidding? Vemic's serve is one of the best, it is as fast if not faster than Karlovic's.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #708
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyServe View Post
Are you kidding? Vemic's serve is one of the best, it is as fast if not faster than Karlovic's.
Really??? All I've seen him play was the quarters and semis of the Australian, but he really struggled to hold there, and it wasn't because he wasn't getting support from his partner at the net. When he missed the 1st serve his second was just getting eaten up, and really the 1st didn't look that great. It didn't stand out so much in the quarters since the opponents weren't great servers, but in the semis Vemic's serve looked like a juniors serve compared to the other 3 guys on court. Speed and % in on first serve were not good at all. If he really is a good server maybe he was injured?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #709
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo#1Fan View Post
Really??? All I've seen him play was the quarters and semis of the Australian, but he really struggled to hold there, and it wasn't because he wasn't getting support from his partner at the net. When he missed the 1st serve his second was just getting eaten up, and really the 1st didn't look that great. It didn't stand out so much in the quarters since the opponents weren't great servers, but in the semis Vemic's serve looked like a juniors serve compared to the other 3 guys on court. Speed and % in on first serve were not good at all. If he really is a good server maybe he was injured?
Haven't seen any of this year doubles matches, so i can't tell if he was injured or troubled when serving but when i saw him during his great run at the 08' French, he was serving bombs in first serves (229 kph i recall at least) and his second serve was difficult to attaq,but of course he was prone to double faults.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #710
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Well, hopefully with such a great Australian Open they will move up in the rankings enough to qualify for a lot of tournaments this year and we'll be able to see how good they are. I know they tried to play quite a few tournaments last year but didn't get in because combined their ranking wasn't high enough.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #711
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

I hope firstly that he keeps this level in singles up. First up Zagreb. Draws Cilic in his quarter, but don't know if he is fully fit.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #712
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo always seems to do terrible in Zagreb. That tournament has been worse a jinx for him than Grand Slams. If he does make it through to the quarters I do think he's got a pretty good shot against Cilic. He's always done pretty well against other Croatians. Obviously Cilic is really coming into his own right now, but Ivo is playing the best of his career too.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #713
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ivo and vemic pulled out of the doubles...probably tired
Old 02-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #714
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Plays Memphis next week, in his current form, he might even reach the final
Old 02-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #715
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

good luck for Memphis
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #716
country flag Doomach777

Doomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond reputeDoomach777 has a reputation beyond repute

where can I find bitch slapping dance xD ?
Doomach777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #717
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

easy win to start off
Old 02-28-2010, 03:00 AM   #718
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo's in the final. His game is absolutely on fire. Dominated Fish.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #719
country flag tennis2018

tennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond repute

Ivo was a real eye catcher this year in Delray as I am sure his is most places...wonderful 2c him & really hope he returns next year 2 defend these points
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1508.JPG (192.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1780.JPG (296.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ivo.JPG (207.7 KB, 5 views)
tennis2018 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #720
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Wells R2 vs. Almagro

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote