~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~ - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-13-2005, 05:19 PM   #46
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~

Ivo is now 59 in the world, jumping 18 places

Maybe with a good run in Nottingham and Wimbledon, he will beat his career high of 51!
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #47
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow at 12 noon, Ivo will battle against Igor Andreev on Court 1 of queens! Go Ivo!
Old 06-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #48
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Ivo def. Andreev 6-4 6-4
could have been even easier, andreev only had like two easy holds and ivo put pressure on him in every other one of his service games
croat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #49
country flag Papakori

Well done Ivo Andreev can prove to be dangerous though so in straight sets too, it was a good score
Old 06-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #50
country flag Papakori

There was a nice article of Ivo in the general message forum:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4088664.stm

Lastly; some quotes from Ivo about his season and today

"I have to say that this is the best I've played on grass."

And of Wimbledon draw;

Last year I was pretty unlucky with the draw because I had to play Roger, Federer who is almost unbeatable on grass," said Karlovic, who is unseeded for Thursday's SW19 draw.

"But if the draw is kind to me I can certainly do better."
Old 06-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #51
country flag Papakori

Well Ljubicic's next who won in a final set tiebreaker! Good luck Ivo!

Battle of Croats!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #52
country flag Papakori

An evening match for Ivo too!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #53
country flag Papakori

I am really nervous about Ivo's match!

Just found another article:

NOTTINGHAM, England (AFP) - Big-serving Ivo Karlovic hammered out his position as a dangerman at next week's Wimbledon with a rapidfire 6-4, 6-4 opening win at the Nottingham grasscourt tournament.

The 6ft 10in Croatian, who has reached successive grasscourt finals at Surbiton and Queen's Club in the run-up to Wimbledon, took just 59 minutes to beat Russia's Igor Andreev.

Karlovic, who knocked out defending champion Lleyton Hewitt at the 2003 Wimbledon, sent down 11 aces in his win on Tuesday.

"If I play well I have got a chance of winning Wimbledon - I feel I am now playing the best I have ever played on grass," said Karlovic who will be one of the unseeded players that the big stars will want to avoid when the Wimbledon draw is made on Thursday.

"Last year I was pretty unlucky with the draw because I had to play Federer who is almost unbeatable on grass.

"But if the draw is kind to me this year I can certainly do better than I did last year."

And Karlovic believes he has another good reason to fancy his chances of upsetting the odds at Wimbledon after watching countryman Goran Ivanisevic romp to the title as a wild card in 2001.

"I take my inspiration from what Goran achieved in 2001. For a man from such a small country as Croatia to become Wimbledon champion is unbelievable."

Karlovic has hit form at the right time as he bids to build on last week's superb victories over Hewitt and Thomas Johansson at Queen's.

Prior to his run to the final at Surbiton two weeks ago he had lost in the first round of eight consecutive tournaments going back to the beginning of March.

But his grass-court expertise is now beginning to make his prospective Wimbledon rivals sit up and take notice.

Experienced Belarussian Max Mirnyi, who enjoyed a 6-2, 6-0 first-round win over Sargis Sargsian of Armenia, said: "It would be strange if Ivo were not one of the favourites for Wimbledon.

"He has such a big serve and has done so well in the last couple of weeks that his chances must be very good."
Old 06-15-2005, 08:35 PM   #54
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ivo won
Old 06-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #55
country flag Papakori

And now for Olivier Rochus! Will be funny Huge against Tiny!
Old 06-16-2005, 03:31 PM   #56
country flag Papakori

As for next weeks Wimbledon, Ivo plays a qualifier in Round 1
Round 2: Roddick
Old 06-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #57
country flag Papakori

He lost to Rochus
Old 06-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #58
croat123

oops
Old 06-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #59
country flag Papakori

The qualifier Ivo will play is none other then Danielle Bracciali whom beat him at Surbiton Tough draw for Ivo then! Very tough
Old 06-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #60
country flag Papakori

I. Karlovic was beaten by the score 6-7 7-6 3-6 7-6 12-10