~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~ - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 AM   #406
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
Ivo

Even if he doesn't make it,I'll be very happy about his season Keep it up Ivo in 2008
Glad to hear this. You were a little tough on him early on this year. Ivo fans SHOULD be pleased with this year. Even though he had a rough go in Grand Slams it was a truly amazing year overall and a tremendous breakthrough for Ivo. He will be seeded in all of the Grand Slams next year and he will surely have much better GS results. Overall 3 wins, 1 runner-up, 4 more semis, and 3 more quarter finals, so a total of 11 quarter-finals or better this year. Compare that with Nalbandian who only made 2 quarter finals all year (although one of those of course was a TMS and he won). But the point, it's been a great year to be an Ivo fan. I hope he can approach 43 wins next year! Those were a lot of fun matches to cheer him on. I think the best he's done before in a year was 18 wins!!!

A 44th win tomorrow would be unreal.
Ivo#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #407
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

If it was a faster surface I'd like Ivo's chances today. Ivo had a lot of problems holding serve against Verdasco so I don't think he'll beat Roger. Although nobody would be happier than me if he wins

About the 2008. He had good results this year and made it to nearly top20. And that's without GS results, and if he had good GS results I'd be worried about him for next year. Even if he doesn't defend some of those points when he won the title or played the final, he has 4 GSs where he has almost nothing to defend, to gain points. I think his ranking will be even better at the end of the next year.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #408
country flag Blue Heart24
Banned!

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Ivo lost 3-6 6-4 3-6 to Federer today,but it really isnt that important He played very good,had some chances,even won a set

Great season Ivo So proud of his results this year(ok,except GS's )
Come back even better in 2008
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #409
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I really think that if Ivo keeps playing the exact same level of tennis that he has been this year he could easily reach top 10 next year. He'll be seeded in grand slams and should pick up a lot more points there. He'll no longer has to play qualies for TMS, and with a descent Aussie Open he'll even be seeded in TMS tournaments so he'll have 1st round bye and then one win (and it would be against unseeded player) would get him 75 points and 2 wins 125 points. None of the top 10 players outside of Federer, Nadal, and Joker have shown more consistency than Ivo. He actually had better records than some of this years top 10 (Davydenko, Robredo, and Gonzalez). To be honest, fewer and fewer opponents are scaring me these days. He really wins the matches he's supposed to. Sure they tend to be close matches, but Ivo seems to come through in the clutch. Not many of the top 10 players really seem worse than a 50:50 chance for Ivo and a couple actually seem like sure wins (Haas, Blake). Really, as long as Ivo stays healthy, the worst case scenario I really can envision is him hanging around top 30. But with his serve and considering how much the rest of his game has come along I really think we'll see a push towards the top 10.

Last edited by Ivo#1Fan : 11-01-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #410
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo#1Fan View Post
I really think that if Ivo keeps playing the exact same level of tennis that he has been this year he could easily reach top 10 next year. He'll be seeded in grand slams and should pick up a lot more points there. He'll no longer has to play qualies for TMS, and with a descent Aussie Open he'll even be seeded in TMS tournaments so he'll have 1st round bye and then one win (and it would be against unseeded player) would get him 75 points and 2 wins 125 points. None of the top 10 players outside of Federer, Nadal, and Joker have shown more consistency than Ivo. He actually had better records than some of this years top 10 (Davydenko, Robredo, and Gonzalez). To be honest, fewer and fewer opponents are scaring me these days. He really wins the matches he's supposed to. Sure they tend to be close matches, but Ivo seems to come through in the clutch. Not many of the top 10 players really seem worse than a 50:50 chance for Ivo and a couple actually seem like sure wins (Haas, Blake). Really, as long as Ivo stays healthy, the worst case scenario I really can envision is him hanging around top 30. But with his serve and considering how much the rest of his game has come along I really think we'll see a push towards the top 10.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #411
♤23♤

Ivo will play doubles with Isner in Melbourne XD
They can go far

Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #412
country flag Ivo#1Fan

At the main ATP homepage there's a pretty cool video of Ivo along with other pros singing Christmas carrols.

Here's a youtube link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_awG4Qd-YKY

Ivo shows absolutely no sign of his old stuttering problems. It's good to see that he's gotten over that. I'm looking forward to hearing him doing more interviews in the coming year now. I bet he won't have to have other people read his victory speeches anymore.

Here's the only video of a Karlovic interview that I've ever found:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rzqPwk25_5A

It would be interesting to hear one where he got a chance to say a little more.

Last edited by Ivo#1Fan : 12-21-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #413
♤23♤

Ivo plays vs Qualifier in the 1st round in Doha, 2nd round against Wawrinka, who is dangerous, but Ivo can beat him, and then probably Robredo
Ivo could get to the SF

Old 12-31-2007, 01:20 PM   #414
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Yes Rochus should be no problem since it's Christophe, Olivier would have been a tough draw. Stan will be a tough match. Overall very good draw for Ivo. Let's hope he makes the most of it!

Last edited by Ivo#1Fan : 12-31-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #415
♤23♤

Lost to C.Rochus on a HC
Hopefully it's just one loss and that he starts playing his best as soon as possible

Old 01-11-2008, 02:56 AM   #416
country flag Ivo#1Fan

There are a couple of very dangerous players in the quallies, but in any case the AO draw looks good for Ivo.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:31 AM   #417
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

as long as the real ivo shows up and not that one from doha...
Old 01-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #418
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
as long as the real ivo shows up and not that one from doha...
Yeah, broken twice by Christophe Rochus, I'm still scratching my head on that one. That's the most puzzling result out of Ivo since the 1st Querrey match last year.

OK, it's Jamie Baker. Ivo should definitely win this one. If not, I'll join the wave of people who think he's hopeless in Grand Slams.

Last edited by Ivo#1Fan : 01-12-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #419
♤23♤

He has to get to the 3rd round. Has a great draw till then, just do your best, Ivo!

Old 01-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #420
country flag Blue Heart24
Banned!

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Ivo,time to make an impact at GS's and get into the top 15!
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote