~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~ - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #331
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~

The seeds for the US Open are out and Melzer gets #32. So Ivo is one position away from being seeded. Not much chance of that someone dropping out before they make the draw tomorrow morning. I guess we just have to hope for a good draw now, hopefully Ivo will be at least 3 rounds away from Federer. Winning two rounds would be pretty good, 3 rounds great, anything beyond that would be fantastic.

Last edited by Ivo#1Fan : 08-21-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Ivo#1Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #332
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Ajmo IVO

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #333
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Ivo lost to Clement 6-7(5) 4-6 6-4 7-6(6) 4-6

I was watching the match, and it was weird considering Ivo played. Too many breaks of serves... Ivo choked in 1st and 2nd set, *4-2 and *4-3 and in the third at *4-3 he was 0-40 down but that time he saved it and won that set
4th set TB was weird
Ivo had 6-1 and then **6-3 but it went to 6-6, Ivo managed to take that set after all. But he never does anything good in the 5th
It was pretty much obvious he won't come back after he lost his serve
One good thing is, he got to top30 and has no results in grand slams. He'll have to defend a lot of points in the "small" tournaments next year but if he doesn't he'll have a big chance to gain some in grand slams
Ajmo Ivo!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #334
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Ivo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeIvo#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that 4th set TB was weird. That would have been crushing if he'd lost it after being up 6-1. He normally closes those TBs out pretty well. He did get robbed of a 1st serve that was an ace in the TB. So he ended up having to play two 2nd serve points at 6-3 and 6-4. Second serve points always seem too chancy with him. I like the way he sneaks in and serves and volleys on them sometimes, but I'd really like to see him pick up his 2nd serve and do a little more with it. Isner averages around 120 mph on 2nd serves while Ivo just hits around 100mph. I'd much rather see 3-4 more double faults out of Ivo per set and have him go for a bigger 2nd serve. Right now he averages only about 1 double fault per set. Overall though I did think he was having some quality rallies with Clement. So much better looking than against Federer the other week.

Watching the match (I don't get to see him play very often) I really was impressed by how improved he looks compared to last year and what a complete tennis player he's become. I definitely think next year he can continue to keep up the success level he's had in the smaller tournaments (5 times he's gotten to the semis or better this year) and realistically he can't really do worse in the Masters Series and Grand Slams than he did this year. He has a good chance to maintain or move up in the rankings next year, although looking at who is ranked ahead of him (as well as who is behind him) there isn't much room for him to go up a lot further.

Last edited by Ivo#1Fan : 08-29-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #335
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

My Pics of Ivo from the US Open

Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 AM   #336
♤23♤

Ivo leads 7-6(2) *0-1

Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #337
♤23♤

and breaks 7-6(2) *2-1 with 17 aces already so i don't think he'll lose this match

Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #338
♤23♤

2 more aces
3-1

Old 09-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #339
♤23♤

Ivo won 7-6(2) 6-3
He broke for the match
Crashed Lopez
Next is Johansson or Stadler
Very beatable opponents

Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #340
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Good match Ivo
His schedule for the rest of the year looks like this:
Mumbai,Tokyo,Stockholm,Madrid,Basel,Paris.
Good luck and have a great finish of the season
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:45 AM   #341
country flag Ivo#1Fan

Great to have Ivo back out there to cheer for, it seems so long since his last match. No offense but that is a really creepy looking picture you have. I liked the old picture much better
Old 09-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #342

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo#1Fan View Post
Great to have Ivo back out there to cheer for, it seems so long since his last match. No offense but that is a really creepy looking picture you have. I liked the old picture much better
I don't care what you like or not.Ljubicic holding his first grass trophy.WTF is wrong with that?I'm a fan of Ivo,but Ivan is still my favourite player and will be forever.Why I wouldnt have his pic as an avatar?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #343

Ivo plays Stadler tomorrow.Should be an easy win Then quarters with Berdych!If Ivo beats Berdych he has another great chance to take a tourney.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #344
♤23♤

I don't know. We know this is Ivo and he has been losing a lot of "already won" matches. So let's first look for that match tomorrow. Yes, it's Stadler, Ivo should win, but if his serve won't be good anything could happen

Old 09-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I don't know. We know this is Ivo and he has been losing a lot of "already won" matches. So let's first look for that match tomorrow. Yes, it's Stadler, Ivo should win, but if his serve won't be good anything could happen

That would be an huge disgrace but it won't happen