Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-28-2005, 12:24 AM   #61
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Yes, renee, I added Andy's 300th career win to my list of notable Andy achievements.

Just to give a bit of perspective of what this stat means: Thomas Johansson has only just now recorded his 300th career win in St. Petersburg. ToJo has been on the pro tour six years longer than Andy has.
I saw that on the ATP site yesterday and thought, ToJo is 30 this year!

Great job, Andy!
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #62
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3

So, there's only one more source of points for the top guys til the end of the year - TMC.

After last year's points came off, Andy's still at 3 by several hundred points in the entry ranking.

As for the race, Andy's 119 points ahead of Hewitt, who is the only person who'd be able to catch him at #3 (Andre's next at 162 pts behind Andy and there are only 150 points available at TMC). So even if Andy didn't play TMC and Hewitt did, Hewitt would have to win TMC to overtake Andy.

As for Andy's stats, he's now got 912 aces - so he'd have to have a huge TMC to be able to break 1000 again, which seems unlikely. And he still leads the tour with service games held (93% ). Perhaps the biggest thing is his first serve % - he's at 66% for the year, over 69 matches. I think that's absolutely amazing.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #63
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

andy leads the tour with service games held? woah!
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #64
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes'm, he's held 93% of the time this year (it's been tiebreaks, not his serve, that has by and large been his problem this year if you look at the matches he's lost...). Fed's in second with 90%. I thought that Karlovic had been on there at 91% or so, but I see his name is not in any of the stats and surely he would be in the top 10 aces list, too?? I dunno!!!!!!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/matchfacts/

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #65
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

that's still
I would have expected roger to be up there
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
Old 11-06-2005, 11:36 PM   #66
country flag Deboogle!.

Roger can get lazy and drop his serve sometimes.... he just usually gets it right back and then gets another one

Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #67
country flag surfpinky

hahahahha
that sounds about right. d:
Old 11-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #68
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick closing gap on Federer

Hamburg (dpa) - American Andy Roddick managed to close the gap on the leading Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in the ATP points race rankings issued on Monday.

Switzerland's Federer and Spain's Nadal, had to sit out the Paris Masters through injury, but both are hoping to compete in the season's ender in Shanghai.

Roddick, who was beaten in the semi-finals of the Bercy event by Croat Ivan Ljubicic, moved to 617 points, but remains far behind the two leading players.

ATP points race top 10 as of November 7 (previous ranking in parenthesis):

1. (1) Roger Federer, Switzerland, 1,245 points; 2. (2) Rafael Nadal, Spain, 953; 3. (3) Andy Roddick, United States, 617; 4. (4) Lleyton Hewitt, Australia, 498; 5. (5) Andre Agassi, United States, 455; 6. (6) Guillermo Coria, Argentina, 438; 7. (7) Nikolay Davydenko, Russia, 418; 8. (8) Ivan Ljubicic 416; 9. (10) Gaston Gaudio, Argentina, 370; 10. (8) Marat Safin, Russia, 346.

---

I don't see Andy "closing the gap" between him and Roger/Rafa but it's nice to see a "6" next to Andy's name while the rest are stuck with 4's and 3's And he's got a nice lead over Hewitt so that's
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #69
country flag surfpinky

closing the gap wtf
roger has a little over twice as much as andy d:
yay math.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #70
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Andy leading some stats. How about we lead some returning stats next year Andy?

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #71
country flag Deboogle!.

HA Andy leading returning stats!!?!? oh funny joke, Jen.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:33 PM   #72
country flag surfpinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
HA Andy leading returning stats!!?!? oh funny joke, Jen.
that will happen the day I sprout wings.
Don't laugh, I'm working on it.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #73
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfpinky
that will happen the day I sprout wings.
Don't laugh, I'm working on it.
I almost spit my sandwich.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:53 PM   #74
country flag surfpinky

heee heeee heeee
it's make deb laugh day.

heeeey, wait. I told you not to laugh. This is serious, jeez! gosh! wtf.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:32 AM   #75
country flag Deboogle!.

So the ATP changed their stats page - the rankings go out now to the top 65, so we can see where Andy stands in the returning stats.... and.... it's not good

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/matchfacts/

~Points returning first serve: 59 with 27% of first serve return points won (incidentally, that's tied with Ljubicic and Feli Lopez )
~Break Points Converted: tied at 40 with 40% of BPs converted
~Points won returning second serve: 31 with 50% of 2nd serve return points won
~Return Games won; 52 with only 21% of return games won. That's flat-out embarrassing.

Bottom line: Andy's return has got to improve or he will continue to stagnate.