Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-01-2005, 05:48 PM   #31
country flag athena_wu

athena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond reputeathena_wu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3

I believe his ranking now is safe to come to Shanghai.

Waiting for him for almost 3 years. Now in Shanghai, I can see many TMC adv features Roger, Andy, Hewitt, Nadal and Marat. Cannot wait to see them here.
athena_wu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #32
country flag zoltan83

zoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfpinky
hahhaha
vamos 31!
or the other possibility...he will be #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_V View Post
Nicoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!, you rule
zoltan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #33
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 4, Race: 3

Andy's now down to 4, by the slimmest of margins - 10 pts. He should be back up to #3 next week b/c Hewitt's not defending SF points in Tokyo and he doesn't have enough optionals.

Marat is supposedly not defending Madrid so he'll drop a ton of points and be out of the picture in terms of bothering Andy in the rankings for a while. So he really should be ok to end the year top 4.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #34
country flag Zoeeee

Zoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond reputeZoeeee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan83
According to your theory, there is still hope that Andy becomes again #1 when he will be 31

Or 11... ok.. number 1 :-D
Zoeeee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #35
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 4, Race: 3

Great idea for a thread Deb. I want to use this space to keep track of Andy's facts/figures/records as well. I'm sick of having to look in several different places for information. This way we can have it all in one thread.

RODDICK RECORDS
- 19-year-old Andy Roddick became the youngest man to reach the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open since Andre Agassi in 1988 with a 6-2, 6-2, 6-4 drubbing of Tommy Robredo of Spain.
- In 2001, he became the youngest player to end the year in the ATP Top 20.
- In 2003, he became the youngest American player to end the year as World No. 1.
- At 21, Roddick was the second-youngest player to finish a year atop the ATP Tour computer rankings.
- Made biggest jump to No. 1 from previous year, improving from No. 10
- Only player during year to reach SF or better at three of four Grand Slam tournaments and captured first Slam title at US Open.
- Andy's match with El Aynaoui at the Australian Open was a five hour marathon...The fifth set was longest in games in history of Grand Slam play.
- Andy became only the second player to ever host "Saturday Night Live" (Chris Evert was the first)
- Year-end stats: Compiled consistent records on all surfaces -- 44-10 on hard, 12-6 on clay, 10-1 on grass and 6-2 on carpet...Led ATP circuit in four (of six) service categories -- aces (989), 1st serve points won (81 percent), service games won (91%) and break points saved (69%)...Finished tied No. 2 in 2nd serve points won (59 percent)...Also played and won most tie-breaks, compiling a 36-21 mark
- In 2004, Roddick set the world record for the fastest serve: 246.2 km/h (153.5 mph) during a straight-set victory over Thailand's Paradorn Srichaphan in the quarter-finals of the Queens Club grass-court tournament.
- Andy holds the record for fastest serve ever in Davis Cup history: 155.0 mph (249.4 km/h) (USA vs Sweden)
- On August 31 2004, he hit the fastest serve in US Open history: 244 km/h (152 mph).
- He finished 2004 ranked as the world's No. 2, the USA's No. 1, and the player with the most aces (he hit 1017 of them in 2004).
- Andy became the first player to win the SAP Open in San José, California event in consecutive years since Mark Philippoussis in 1999 and 2000.
- Andy has made a record five straight appearance in the US Men's Clay Court Championships final, the longest streak on the ATP tour since Russia's Yevgeny Kafelnikov reached the title match at Moscow from 1996-01, winning the last five.
- Andy joined Lleyton Hewitt and John McEnroe as the only players to win three consecutive Queens Club titles.
- Fun fact: Roddick sold the most posters at Wimbledon, beating out local favorites Henman and Murray.
- Andy Roddick and Roger Federer are the only two players to hold titles on four different surfaces: indoor, grass, hardcourt, and clay.
- At the USA vs Belgium World Group Play-Offs, Roddick's match with O. Rochus became the longest match in Davis Cup history since the introduction of the deciding tiebreak (4 hrs 28 min).
- On October 25, Andy Roddick became the second-fastest active player to reach 300 wins, needing just 393 matches. Lleyton Hewitt accomplished the feat last year in only 392 matches.
- In October after winning Lyon, Roddick became the only player to win five titles on five different surfaces (San Jose on indoor hard, Houston on clay, Queen's on grass, Washington on outdoor hard, and Lyon on carpet).
- The Lyon win marked Roddick's first Fall title, first carpet title, his 20th career title, his second continental European title, and the first time he's won Lyon on the first try.
- Andy Roddick is the only player to have won multiple titles in each of the last five years (2001: 2, 2002: 3, 2003: 6, 2004: 4, 2005: 5, total: 20).
- Roddick is only one of two players to have won 50+ matches in the past four years (Federer is the other one).

AWARDS
ESPN ESPY Award for Best Male Tennis Player of the Year
Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award of the Year

RODDICK RASPBERRIES
- An injured Andy was bageled by Roger Federer in the Bangkok, Thailand final for the first time since 2002.
- The USA's loss to Croatia in the first round of the World Group marked the first time team USA has ever lost on home soil.
- Roland Garros, R64 vs Jose Acasuso marked the first time since turning pro that Andy has lost a five-set match after having won the first two sets.
- first round USO vs Gilles Muller 6-7(4) 6-7(10) 6-7(1) marked the first time Andy has ever crashed out in the first round of a non-clay slam since turning pro. (lost first first round USO 2000 as a WC)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 10-31-2005 at 02:55 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #36
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Cool tangy! Thanks for this addition

Coupla things

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
- Andy Roddick and Roger Federer are the only two players to hold titles on three different surfaces: grass, hardcourt, and clay.
4 if you count indoors
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
- first round USO vs Gilles Muller 6-7(4) 6-7(10) 6-7(1) marked the first time Andy has ever crashed out in the first round of a slam.
surely you mean..... non-clay slam

And for 2005 milestones - what about the Queens 3-peat

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 10-09-2005, 02:16 AM   #37
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah

And for 2005 milestones - what about the Queens 3-peat
And his 5th consecutive finals in Houston, claiming his 3rd title of the tournament.
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:11 AM   #38
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Andy's lost 1r at the USo already. Mind you he was still a junior then and got entry via a WC, but he still lost 1r .

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #39
country flag Deboogle!.

It hasn't been officially announced, but I don't see any way that Andy could not qualify for Shanghai.

Also, Andy will be #3 again when the new rankings come out, which won't really matter at this point b/c Marat and Hewitt are out of Madrid anyway so he would've been bumped up, and also Hewitt might not play Paris either.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #40
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #41
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the updates guys. If you remember or read about any more please let me know so I can add them here.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:04 PM   #42
country flag Deboogle!.

Officially back to #3 now

Old 10-10-2005, 03:28 AM   #43
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
It hasn't been officially announced, but I don't see any way that Andy could not qualify for Shanghai.

Also, Andy will be #3 again when the new rankings come out, which won't really matter at this point b/c Marat and Hewitt are out of Madrid anyway so he would've been bumped up, and also Hewitt might not play Paris either.
Viva! ( I know that sounds really mean, but whatever)

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:30 AM   #44
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
Viva! ( I know that sounds really mean, but whatever)
I won't tell

Old 10-10-2005, 05:52 AM   #45
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, Hewitt and his toe and rib injuries have really helped Andy, huh?