Has anyone seen the crap on the GM connecting Agassi to doping? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
country flag andre the great

andre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond reputeandre the great has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone seen the crap on the GM connecting Agassi to doping?

I just saw it ,seems to relate to an article by Magnus Norman where Agassi's name is associated with players who might use illegal stuff. I think this is crap how on earth could an athelte be at the top of his profession for two decades and not be caught if he was using stuff that he shouldn't be using. There is an implication by some that the ATP would bury any positive drug test of Andre's but to assume that this would never be leaked in the space of 20 years is rubbish.Also I think that Agassi and Graf are people of genuine integrity and I don't think Andre would be able to waltz into a GS event with head held high if he had been tested positive.
andre the great is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
country flag joycomesmorning

joycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone seen the crap on the GM connecting Agassi to doping?

There was one fan of some of the South Americans who went on this kick after the 2002 Australian Open...apparently Rios started a rumor that Agassi left Australia rather than take a doping test...Proof: NONE.

Most if not all the "allegations" are born in jealousy...and when a player is as popular and as rich as Andre, that is to be expected....

There are a TON of rumors out there now about Raphael Nadal being on steroids because of his "Instant" muscle growth...no proof...just more jealousy!!

There's one poster on another board who insists that Andre is gay...another insists that Andre is consistently rude to officials and ballkids...I've even heard that Andre cheats on his wife...TOO many people with too much time on their hands!

Andre is drug tested about 15-20 times a year...blood and urine... ALL negative results!!! COUNT ON IT!!! There are too many people involved in the testing process...if there had ever been a positive reslut, it would have been leaked about someone this high profile!!!

Taylor Dent tells about a time a couple of years ago in San Jose when AA had such a bad cold that he could barely walk...and he wouldn't take anything for it because of the implcations of cold meds in his system....

Here's the deal: Andre earns about 90% of his $40+ million per year from endorsements and his business deals...only about 10% comes from playing tennis...now what would be the sense of his using drugs to play tennis when the even smell of his being a doper would end his endorsements!!!

I find it interesting that when Andre isn't playing for a week or so and out of the spotlight, there always have to be stories about him...he's just the most interesting to talk about....

The same with Steffi...she has been retired from tennis for over 6 years now...and yet she's steady fodder for the tennis message boards....people can't seem to stop talking about her...

I guess if you're interesting, you're interesting!!!

jcm

BTW, as far as I was able to ascertain, there was one paragraph in Magnus Norman's book that said awhile back when Andre lost the weight and got fit, a few players wondered aloud if he did it artificially with drugs....and from that this latest "rumor" grew...
joycomesmorning is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
country flag Agassi Aces

Agassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond repute

According to my sources, Andre has been tested at all the AMS Events he has played this year (Indian Wells, Miami, Rome, Hamburg, Montreal) the three GS he has played (Australia, France and US) and the International Series Events in Dubai and LA. ALL NEGATIVE!
Agassi Aces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
country flag mandy20

mandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody is jealousy of Andre that is all there is to it can Andre sue
mandy20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:42 AM   #5
country flag AZILANA

AZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond reputeAZILANA has a reputation beyond repute

those people got no proof, they just want andre to look bad and cannot find flaws in character to attack, this is the best way they can get to Andre, I hope this rumors reach andre and to prove them wrong, do an on the spot testing...

Last edited by AZILANA : 09-26-2005 at 05:45 AM.
AZILANA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #6
RebelNYC

RebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond reputeRebelNYC has a reputation beyond repute

Sour grapes. The players are all tested and Andre passes each and every test. They then say that ATP is "sweeping the results under the rug." Yeah, right. It's very easy to say anything you want to say without proof and unfortunately people repeat
the rumours. I'm not saying that Andre is NOT capable of doping (anyone can be a
possibility). I am saying that Andre passes his drug tests, so until he fails, I do not
believe it. You can accuse anyone. Without proof, it means nothing. Andre passes
his tests, that's all there is to it.
RebelNYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #7
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Pfft. Andre owns Norman so it's no wonder he's accusing Andre of doping.

Unless someone provides concrete evidence that Andre has been/is juiced up (which they can't) then I wouldn't waste my time worrying about it. With regards to the Argentine press' rumormill, if I want truth over rumors then I'll read the British Sun, that's how reliable they are.

That entire thread is mostly made up of Agassi's loudest detractors like GWShitler and Rosie the cow, so I wouldn't put much into anything they say. They have no proof of anything.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 09-27-2005 at 07:07 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:38 PM   #8
country flag Agassi Aces

Agassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Aces has a reputation beyond repute

There is an article on http://www.tv4.se which sees Magnus Norman publicly apologising about the claims he made about Andre. He stated that it was post 1999 himself and a few of the other players wandered how Andre kept so fit, and even now. It's his brilliance. Norman has said he is sorry and wishes Andre all the best for the future and in particular at the 2005 if...Stockholm Open.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:34 AM   #9
AgassiFan

AgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre the great
I think this is crap how on earth could an athelte be at the top of his profession for two decades and not be caught if he was using stuff that he shouldn't be using..
First of all, he didn't NEED to use it for 20 years, so you might as well stop this nonsense. He needed it for the last 3-6.

Andre and his people, Reyes in particular, are very smart, so if he did dope, he would have made sure to STAY AHEAD OF THE TESTING - hell, there are many legitimate questoions raised as to the the (insufficient) scope of testing in tennis NOW - 5-10 years ago, it was even easier to get away back then. They don't even have a test for HGH yet. And even if he got "caught" once or twice, you better believe it ATP would do everything in their power to keep it under wraps.

It's no coincidence Lance Armstrong and Andre are such close friends - and I still can't imagine how Lance was able to get away with doping for 7 years.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:42 AM   #10
AgassiFan

AgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycomesmorning
.There's one poster on another board who insists that Andre is gay...another insists that Andre is consistently rude to officials and ballkids...I've even heard that Andre cheats on his wife...TOO many people with too much time on their hands!
Is he gay? Maybe, maybe not.
Is he rude and petulant at times? Absolutely; not as much as in 1986, though
Is he an adulterer? Athletes are known to cheat like crazy, but who knows.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:49 AM   #11
AgassiFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycomesmorning
.The same with Steffi...she has been retired from tennis for over 6 years now...and yet she's steady fodder for the tennis message boards....people can't seem to stop talking about her.....
Greta Garbo was out of the motion pictures business for a couple of decades and she was still tabloid fodder, big-time.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:25 AM   #12

joycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond reputejoycomesmorning has a reputation beyond repute

You make me laugh, AgassiFan... I really do get a kick out of your posts.

You remind me so much of a friend of mine who's a wheelchair gal...and she gets a hoot out of going onto sports boards and stirring up the troops...

Whatever, you're really funny!!! I enjoy reading your posts!!! Keep up the good work!!!

I sort of assume that the "AgassiFan" means you're a fan of his tennis and not of the man...that's all right!! I adore the man even more than I adore the tennis player...but we're all different!!!

Whatever...

jcm
Old 09-28-2005, 08:51 AM   #13
country flag Agassi Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgassiFan
First of all, he didn't NEED to use it for 20 years, so you might as well stop this nonsense. He needed it for the last 3-6.

Andre and his people, Reyes in particular, are very smart, so if he did dope, he would have made sure to STAY AHEAD OF THE TESTING - hell, there are many legitimate questoions raised as to the the (insufficient) scope of testing in tennis NOW - 5-10 years ago, it was even easier to get away back then. They don't even have a test for HGH yet. And even if he got "caught" once or twice, you better believe it ATP would do everything in their power to keep it under wraps.

It's no coincidence Lance Armstrong and Andre are such close friends - and I still can't imagine how Lance was able to get away with doping for 7 years.
So do you reckon Andre has cheated? I certainly do not! The suggestion was that there is more in these cortisone injections, but the ATP is so rigorous in drug testing. Look at Coria, Rusedski, Puerta, Ullirach, Canas, Bogomolov Junior just to name a few. If Andre cheated he would be found out. It's not his nature too. Above being the world's greatest sportsman, he is the most kind and compassionate man there is. He is so honest and would never cheat, and nor would Gill Raes or Steffi Graf.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #14
country flag Andre forever

Andre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond reputeAndre forever has a reputation beyond repute

go guys...tell agassi fan that

makes me wonder..if agassi fan is REALLY..ANDRE AGASSI FAN

FYI ANDRE is not a GAY ..what? " MAYBE, MAYBE NOT" ???

u kidding me ..HE's NOT

Last edited by Andre forever : 09-28-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Andre forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #15

LOL! Of course, "AgassiFan" isn't really an AgassiFan...

A friend of mine (who has some health issues and has a lot of time and negative energy to deal with) goes to various sports boards (a la Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds) and stirs the waters...likes to get everyone upset.... it's sort of a "hobby" with some people.

Have a good laugh and let it go...it doesn't hurt anyone...and eventually Agassifan will get bored with us and re-invent herself/himself as "FedererFan" and be off there to stir up the troops!!

jcm