Get Your Gasquetaires Slogan and Introduce Yourself in HERE!!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #16
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Those in favour, say aye.
I say yes...

By reading back my suggestions, I feel
It was so far-fetched...
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #17
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
I say yes...

It was so far-fetched...
Nah. I would be hard-pressed if I were asked to come up with such things in French.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #18
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was so far-fetched...
They beat my suggestions.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #19
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've got another idea. We could call ourselves Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires (Musketeers/Mousquetaires). It fits nicely both in English and in French.

p.s. sinead i thought gasquet blowers was the rude one too

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:44 PM   #20
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

That's an awesome name

Perfect

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:49 PM   #21
country flag detheo

detheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond reputedetheo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Those in favour, say aye.
Aye !
Great name
Should we get numbers or something ?
detheo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #22
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

"All for one and one for all!"

"Un pour tous, tous pour un!"
Old 09-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #23
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
"All for one and one for all!"

"Un pour tous, tous pour un!"
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:19 PM   #24
country flag delsa

Quote:
We could take names of existing Mousqueteers according to our personility or invent ones with the same sonority maybe?...
Like i'd be D'Artagnan number 7 or something. Or D'Artagnette. Who would be the big fat crazy Porthos?
Just new suggestions to get the "brainstorming" going...

Some descriptions in English (from A "The Man in the Iron Mask" film site but that way' you'll get the idea if you're not familiar with these characters...):

Quote:
The Musketeers are defenders of the French crown, a high powered army of loyal soldiers who possess a talent to wield a sword better than anyone to protect their sovereign ruler. D'Artagnan, is the most loyal and says he will not betray his King, no matter how ruthless his methods are, somehow hoping his majesty will become a better man. Athos, Porthos and Aramis are past their prime and have retired to a more quiet life and decide to replace the King with his twin brother, the man in the iron mask who the King perceives as a threat to his power. They are motivated to overthrow the King when one of them is unknowingly deemed to be a suspicious traitor to the crown.

Their King, Louis XIV of France, is a tyrant, watching his people starve while he lives in the seductive life of luxury, and is a true law unto himself.

D’Artagnan, was really Charles de Batz-Castelmore, and hailed from Gascony, just as Dumas writes. He took the name of Sieur of Artagnan from a property his mother's family owned. He left Gascony not in 1625, as in the novel, but in 1640. He is brave, noble, ambitious, crafty, and intelligent.

He had a distinguished career and he rose through the ranks to great distinction until he died in service in 1673 at the Siege of Maestricht.

Athos, Porthos and Aramis are also based on real Musketeers. Porthos was Isaac de Portau, a member of the Capitaine des Essarts's company of the King's Guards until 1643, and then a Musketeer with D'Artagnan. Aramis was Henry d'Aramitz, and Musketeer from 1640 on--we know little of him beyond that. Athos was Armand de Sillegue, Seigneur d'Athos et d'Autevielle, also related to Treville. He was a King's Musketeer who died in Paris in 1643, but little is known beyond that--there is some indication on his death certificate that he died as a result of a duel.

Athos is something of a father figure to D'Artagnan. He is older than his comrades, although still a young man. Athos is distinguished in every way--intellect, appearance, bravery, swordsmanship--yet he is tortured by a deep melancholy, the source of which no one knows.

Porthos, the third of the Three Musketeers, is loud, brash, and self-important. He is extremely vain, and enjoys outfitting himself handsomely; but for all that, he is a valiant fighter and a courageous friend.

Aramis is a young Musketeer, one of the great Three. Aramis is a handsome young man, quiet and somewhat foppish. He constantly protests that he is only temporarily in the Musketeers, and that any day now he will return to the Church to pursue his true calling.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:36 AM   #25
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Will we run out of names though?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:21 AM   #26
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've got another idea. We could call ourselves Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires (Musketeers/Mousquetaires). It fits nicely both in English and in French.
a little late but... I like this one
Gasquet blowers sounds rude to me too!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:24 AM   #27
country flag silverwhite

Are we all settled on Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires then?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:56 AM   #28
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not like Murray's fans...write something in our signtrue?
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:58 AM   #29
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19
Why not like Murray's fans...write something in our signtrue?
Yes. That's what we're going to do. After we have decided on a slogan first though.

Anyway, someone would have to come up with the design.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:59 AM   #30
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

well, my english is not well...but if you got the slogan...i will write it in my signtrue, i promise!!!
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote