Get Your Gasquetaires Slogan and Introduce Yourself in HERE!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get Your Gasquetaires Slogan and Introduce Yourself in HERE!!!

It seems that all of us have agreed on the slogan, so here's the code for it:

French version:

[center][color=DimGray]______________________________[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]
[font=Book Antiqua][center][size=5][color=Sienna]~♠ [*/COLOR][*B][color=Blue]Gas[*/COLOR][color=White]quet[*/COLOR][color=Red]aires [*/COLOR][*/B] [color=Sienna]♠~[*/COLOR][*/SIZE][*/FONT]
[size=3][font=Palatino Linotype][i][color=Indigo]un pour tous, tous pour un[*/COLOR][*/I][*/FONT][*/SIZE]
[color=DimGray]‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]

English version:

[center][color=DimGray]______________________________[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]
[font=Book Antiqua][center][size=5][color=Sienna]~♠ [*/COLOR][*B][color=Blue]Gas[*/COLOR][color=White]quet[*/COLOR][color=Red]eers [*/COLOR][*/B] [color=Sienna]♠~[*/COLOR][*/SIZE][*/FONT]
[size=3][font=Palatino Linotype][i][color=Indigo]all for one, one for all[*/COLOR][*/I][*/FONT][*/SIZE]
[color=DimGray]‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]

Please remove all the *s!

I wasn't able to post the code without making the slogan appear so I had to resort to the pathetic method of adding *s in front of every /.

Tip: Copy and paste the code in Microsoft Word and use the Replace all function to avoid having to manually delete *s

Last edited by silverwhite : 03-12-2006 at 06:32 PM.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slogan?

I kind of like Gasquettard though.

It doesn't have to be just one word. It could be a phrase. Anyone knows any puns the media has made of Richard's name? We could make use of these. That's where "#_ on the Federer Express" originated, I think (i.e. from the media).
Old 09-24-2005, 09:14 AM   #3
country flag silverwhite

Suggestion from Chloe: Gasquet Blowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
If you're Gasquetblowers, as you really ought to be, you can take the word to mean one of the following:

1) People who are very explosive in their passion for Gasquet
or
2) People who blow Gasquet. Just so you know, "blow" is a slang term in english used to mean "oral sex"

Really, I think that those two options sum up everybody's interests quite nicely.

Last edited by silverwhite : 09-24-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

I repost my poor "inspiring suggestions" there...

Thanking God everyday for he choose tennis over rugby...
Passenger of the Gasquet diesel car (slow to begin and to heat but then...)...lol i'm so bad for this kind of things
Practicing Gasquetists.
The new monotheist religion of the Third Millenium: Gasquetism...will spread over the world...lol
Chasing the injury prone Mini Fed lol#2
Sect of the Worshipers of the Goldsmith's Phallanxes lol#3
Believing in the Has been
Stamped fan of the always out of breath crippled Gasquet...
Bees # in the swarm around the guy from Sérignan
Clock/watchmaker's customers
We could make a joke because he'll always saying "fabulous", "voilŕ" and "tout ça" when he speaks
We could make a joke about all his numerous "tics"/"twitches" or mannerism, unconscious habits...(putting his foot on the line before returning, wiping up his racket grip, his constipated faces, his "minauderies", speaking to his coach during matches as if he could not be heard when the cameras and their close-ups show everything...)
The fact that he's always sweating like crazy ("bubles coming out his shoes" lol) ands always say he'll have to play the "perfect match" next round no matter the opponent...

These are not true suggestions but some things that could inspire those who have better knowledge of English and above all more talent and imagination...

Gaquettards?..."Bof"

Last edited by delsa : 09-24-2005 at 05:18 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:30 AM   #5
country flag silverwhite

What's wrong with Gasquettards?
Old 09-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #6
country flag silverwhite

I've added Chloe's explanations for her suggestion, in case some of you are thinking dirty.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #7
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
What's wrong with Gasquettards?
Not creative and original enough. We can do better than that. Let's make some use of our brain cells for once...
Old 09-24-2005, 09:39 AM   #8
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Not creative and original enough. We can do better than that. Let's make some use of our brain cells for once...
Let's do.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #9
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

great suggestions, i for one havnt got any cos my brain isnt functioning atm

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #10
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

I want to join the club of the gasquettards
I don't have any idea for the name of the cheering club... my english is not good enough...

The Fed_express passengers concept is a great idea as it is understandable from everyone and there is the idea of a train coming forward and its passengers. Not that I mean we should use the TGV (The Great Virtuose or smth else for the "V") concept but something like that... Oh no! My suggestion sucks

Other suggestion: PRO-D???-Gasquet... I miss an adjective starting by D. Then "pro" because we are pro-Gasquet, I don't know if that makes sense in english though.

As for the various suggestions I prefer gasquettards rather than gasquet blowers... the last one doesn't really make sense for me as I don't really understand the "blower" thing. Just that blow means erm... fellation in french so...

Silver: your avatar and flag are very confusing...
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #11
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
I want to join the club of the gasquettards
I don't have any idea for the name of the cheering club... my english is not good enough...

The Fed_express passengers concept is a great idea as it is understandable from everyone and there is the idea of a train coming forward and its passengers. Not that I mean we should use the TGV (The Great Virtuose or smth else for the "V") concept but something like that... Oh no! My suggestion sucks

Other suggestion: PRO-D???-Gasquet... I miss an adjective starting by D. Then "pro" because we are pro-Gasquet, I don't know if that makes sense in english though.

As for the various suggestions I prefer gasquettards rather than gasquet blowers... the last one doesn't really make sense for me as I don't really understand the "blower" thing. Just that blow means erm... fellation in french so...

Silver: your avatar and flag are very confusing...
It doesn't have to be in English. It can be a French pun too. Eg. Paul en rit .

Oh, Chloe and I are going to be twins for a while.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:06 PM   #12
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting possiblities. The Gasquet-blowers is just a bit funny since I must admit the first thing I thought of was the number two explanation.

I know my friends sometimes refer to me as Gasquette
Sillly, I know but that was all I could come up with

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #13
country flag silverwhite

I've got another idea. We could call ourselves Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires (Musketeers/Mousquetaires). It fits nicely both in English and in French.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:40 PM   #14
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I've got another idea. We could call ourselves Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires (Musketeers/Mousquetaires). It fits nicely both in English and in French.
Great idea! There is the notion of craftmanship and talent like i wanted in it too and you're right i works in two languages.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #15
country flag silverwhite

Those in favour, say aye.