Benjamin Becker - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #361
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benjamin Becker

He had elbow surgery, and will likely miss the rest of the season.

At this point, he should just not play until the fall, as a PR will kick in for him in a couple of months.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #362
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Benni came back from his elbow surgery at the end of November. Impressively, he made the QF and qualified and made the 2nd round of two challenger events at the end of 2011 after returning.

In 2012, Benni's best result is making the SF of the Memphis 500 event defeating Sela, Malisse and Kubot before losing to Raonic, as well as making the SF of the challenger in Bergamo. After being as low as #346 on February 13th, he is now provisionally ranked #157 and has effectively nothing to defend through the rest of the season until the final events he played in November. He's going nowhere but up and if he continues with his consistent performances, he should be in the top 100 by the end of the season for sure, if not earlier!

This past week in Miami Benni won his first round match 5-7 6-3 6-2 over Rochus before losing 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) to Benneteau in the second round. Disappointing to lose such a close match but the fact he's playing such competitive matches against good players on a slow court such as Miami is a great sign that Benni is playing well. This week he's playing a challenger in Le Gosier, Guadeloupe and is playing Rogerio Dutra Da Silva in R1. Hopefully he has a big week and can continue his match towards the top 100!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #363
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Benni made the QFs of Le Gosier, defeating Dutra Da Silva and Herbert in comfortable straight-sets before losing to #4 seed Roger-Vasselin 6-4 6-7(7) 5-7. He led 6-4 *5-3 and served for the match at *5-4 in the third set, but couldn't finish off the match. Very disappointing loss, as the one vs Benneteau in Miami. Hopefully he'll win these close matches in the future.

Benni's next event is this upcoming week in Tallahassee. He will be playing Odesnik in R1. He has a good draw to go deep at the event so hopefully he makes up for the result in Guadeloupe with a good run in Florida!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #364
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Benni lost 4-6 0-6 to Odesnik in Tallahassee. He was tired, he was frustrated and smashed his racquet a few times, but nothing worked. Unfortunate but he has played a lot of tennis lately, and could use the rest. He's had a great year all things considering, and we haven't even gotten to his favorite parts of the schedule. Hopefully he takes the confidence from his positive matches this year so far and continues to build on them.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #365
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Benjamin won in doubles with Kohlmann in the first round of Tallahassee over the #2 seeds Ram/Parrott 6-4 6-3 on Wednesday. Hopefully he and Michael can win the doubles to make up for the R1 singles loss!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #366
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Benni and Kohlmann got to the SF of the doubles in Tallahassee before losing 8-10 in the final set supertiebreaker to Sitak/Strode.

Benni will next be playing in Sarasota next week on green clay. Hopefully he can have a great run and boost his ranking closer to the top 100!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #367
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

He pulled out, so I guess he is injured. Too bad.
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #368
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Any news on when he is coming back?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #369
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Wim View Post
Any news on when he is coming back?
he has been missed for so long
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #370
country flag Ad Wim

He is playing again! Nice qualis. Good to get some matches in before the grass starts.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #371
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

just lost :/
when was the last time he had 0 aces?!?

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #372
country flag kiriri***

kiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond repute

Expected. Stebe is better on clay than him and he hasn't play for a while.
Hopefully he is OK at RG
kiriri*** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #373
country flag Ad Wim

He won in Nottingham, so glad! Hope he takes this form to the bigger grass court tournaments.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #374
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute

CLOWN. Losing to a guy who is ranked outside the TOp 300 without a CHANCE...
outrider is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #375
country flag RNW

RNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond repute

Why is he not in WIMBLEDON Qualies?

I think his ranking is not high enough for main draw... but he is not in the qualies draw!

Although he is so good on grass.
[TT]: -
RNW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote