KIWI's Davis Cup thread ! - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #121
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI's Davis Cup thread !

I love the Kiwi cap.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #122
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

R1 - N.KIEFER (GER) v R.NADAL (ESP)
R2 - P.KOHLSCHREIBER (GER) v D.FERRER (ESP)
R3 - P.KOHLSCHREIBER / P.PETZSCHNER (GER) v F.LOPEZ / F.VERDASCO (ESP)
R4 - P.KOHLSCHREIBER (GER) v R.NADAL (ESP)
R5 - N.KIEFER (GER) v D.FERRER (ESP)

starting tomorrow 2 pm local time

stream at http://zattoo.com/ on DSF
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #123
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Praying for a miracle. Please, Kiwi, make it a close match.

Kohli, the baseliner player, in a doubles match again Lopez/Verdasco. This can't end well...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #124
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, Kiwi vs Nadal at the beginning

Man, I really hope that Kiwi plays very well and justifies his Davis Cup nomination ...and not like against France where he was really disappointing

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #125
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

He needs an outstanding serving day with a first serve percentage you normally only see from Roddick. At least 10 aces per set are needed.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #126
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
Man, I really hope that Kiwi plays very well and justifies his Davis Cup nomination
was there any other option than Kiwi? I don`t think there is anything to justify..

Beating Nadal cannot be the goal. I think Germany should focus on beating Ferrer and the double. So if Kiwi can win tomorrow it would be great but 1:1 should be the goal of the day
Old 04-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #127
country flag Yappa

Decisive rubber.
Nicolas Kiefer def. David Ferrer 7:5, 6:7, 3:6, 7:6, 14:12.

Would be my first 5 setter. With Kiwi as the ideal winner.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #128
country flag kiwi10is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
Decisive rubber.
Nicolas Kiefer def. David Ferrer 7:5, 6:7, 3:6, 7:6, 14:12.

Would be my first 5 setter. With Kiwi as the ideal winner.
I don't have to go to the office on monday so I will join you for this one!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:45 AM   #129
country flag Yappa

Just for the record.
Kiwi lost.

The first set killed me from inside. If he had at least won the TB, I wouldn't have cared about the rest...

Many UEs, obviously, but he showed that he is still able to hit some awesome bh returns on 2nd serve, especially in the first set.
Just forget about sets 2 and 3, Kiwi.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #130
country flag kiwi10is

although the tie was already over Kiwi was fighting for every point against Lopez today. In the postmatch interview he said he was fighting for the fans who came to see him! Thank you Kiwi!! I really enjoyed it!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #131
country flag Yappa

Sounds good.
I drove back to Hamburg after the doubles match on Saturday and DSF only showed the first of the two dead rubbers.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #132
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
was there any other option than Kiwi? I don`t think there is anything to justify..
I think there was something to justify. With the way he played he gave back the trust in him for this tie and for the future if there are more available players with good form Kühnen can choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four:Love View Post
The first set killed me from inside. If he had at least won the TB, I wouldn't have cared about the rest...
Yes, this was a great first set, although he got lucky somehow to have reached the tiebreak IMO (this break Nadal gave away).

His backhand didn't break down under Nadal's pressure and it was very solid. Good to see this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
although the tie was already over Kiwi was fighting for every point against Lopez today. In the postmatch interview he said he was fighting for the fans who came to see him! Thank you Kiwi!! I really enjoyed it!
Thanks for the notice. Nobody being not in Bremen could follow it anymore. I would have loved to see it, too But as I saw the result, I was just glad he won at least one match for the team and himself because he really deserved it

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #133
country flag kiwi10is

Quote:
Wie aus dem Umfeld des Teams durchsickerte, legte sich Kühnen offenbar erst am vorigen Freitag auf Rainer Schüttler, Nicolas Kiefer und Philipp Petzschner fest. Einzig Philipp Kohlschreiber konnte sich aus dem Kreis der vielen Kandidaten schon vor gut drei Wochen entspannt zurücklehnen. Denn Kühnen hatte den inzwischen nur noch drittbesten deutschen Profi als Einzigen über seine Nominierung informiert
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/sport/art272,2737465
The news came through via the closer surroundings of the team that Kühnen informed Rainer Schüttler, Kiwi and Philipp Petzschner on Friday about his plans to nominate them for the Davis Cup tomorrow. Only Philipp Kohlschreiber was informed 3 weeks ago....

I sooooooooooo much hope that this is true!!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #134
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

http://tennismagazin.de/exklusiv/rep...class=22&pid=1
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #135
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

how did kiefer look out there in the doubles??
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote