KIWI's Davis Cup thread ! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #16
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI's Davis Cup thread !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
The poor baby,I understand if he's crying,he gave it all to win this match.I coudn't see the match but just looking at the score,it is easy to understand that he fought .
yes, that was very sad....
First I hope that this tough loss doesn't effect him too much for the future, I'm sure he is devasted now

Second I hope that Tommy can pull out the win now in the last rubber. It would make Kiwi feel a bit better because he would know that Germany at least won the tie and he is not looking for ways to give himself the fault for this loss.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #17
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

We have to admit that it was a loser performance at the end. I think he finished with about 2-12 points. He was dominating the first half of the 4th set, looked like the winner at 3-2* 40-15 and he really should have won that set. In the final set he played poor games on Berdych's serve, many ue's. It's not like Berdych had many service winners, it was more Kiwi who lost those games. Now he's probably about 0-7 against top50 players in DC, would have been important for his nerves to win the match today.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #18
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

It looked like a hard fought match. Berdych is good and let's not forget this is clay and that isn't Nicolas's best surface. He did quite well I think.

I think who is letting the team down is Tommy. Yes, he had the great doubles win but his is losing badly to Zib, someone who he should beat. Maybe Tommy shouldn't play the doubles, it's too much to ask for playing all 3 days. Maybe Rainer and Alexander should play the doubles

Karine, thanks for all the thoughts during the hurricane. It took a turn for the east, so Austin was spared. All we got was million people from Houston come into town. Plus, we have this huge 3 day concert in town plus the original Katrina evacuees, so between all that, traffic is horrible, no gas, no food at the stores. I can't wait for all these people to leave
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:48 PM   #19
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone see the match right now? Tommy is palying but is Nicolas watching him play? I just want to know.

Well,I am happy that you are safe Karen.I hope that those people will leave for city soon but they are telling them to take their time,not to rush back home.In a week it should be back to normal.I hope so.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #20
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, JMG. Like you say, I also think Kiwi looked like the winner in the fourth set and ffs he could not take any of the load of break points he had to put Berdych away finally. The first half of the fifth set was actually still well played, but it was obvious already that Kiwi's serve didn't work that good anymore and that he has to fight more than Berdych for his service games. The 2nd half of the fifth set was bad and Berdych was there to take the match.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 09-25-2005, 05:51 PM   #21
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiteami
Can someone see the match right now? Tommy is palying but is Nicolas watching him play? I just want to know.
I didn't see anything from this match yet because German TV is currently showing soccer again. Coverage will be back in 25 minutes they said.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #22
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god Tommy won.Nicolas must be feeling a little better now.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #23
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Just when I doubted Tommy's ability, he comes back and win from a set and break down. Good win for the guys. It's nice to see Germany in the world group again.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #24
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kiwi was the first player who hugged Tommy after the match.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #25
country flag Kiwi7

Kiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond repute

Czech Republic 2 - 3 GERMANY

they showed Nicolas many times he looked quite happy I think. yeahhh thanx Tommy.

Hajrá magyarok!! ~ Forza Italia! ~ Força Portugal!
Kiwi7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #26
country flag Neely
-

yeah, Kiwi looked quite happy
I hope it was not only play for the camera, but that he really could shrug off this tough loss that easily

Old 09-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #27
country flag kiwiteami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
yeah, Kiwi looked quite happy
I hope it was not only play for the camera, but that he really could shrug off this tough loss that easily

Nope,he was not acting for the camera.Just read what he wrote on his website.Like he said,you are playing with others,not alone and Germany won and that is the important thing.And he wrote that he did cry and will leave and go back to germany tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #28
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

and thank you SOOO much Dani for keeping me posted with the texts! When you let me know that Tommy won, i started screaming and everyone at work was ilke "GERMANY WON!!!!!" and we were all dancing around. I thikn only like 2 other people in the group of people scremaing and dancing knew what was actually going on You made our day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg berdych05.jpg (35.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg berdych07.jpg (39.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg berdych08.jpg (38.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg berdych09.jpg (61.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg berdych10.jpg (70.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg berdych11.jpg (65.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg berdych12.jpg (66.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg berdych13.jpg (69.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GERMANYWINS.jpg (44.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-25-2005, 09:52 PM   #29
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
and thank you SOOO much Dani for keeping me posted with the texts! When you let me know that Tommy won, i started screaming and everyone at work was ilke "GERMANY WON!!!!!" and we were all dancing around. I thikn only like 2 other people in the group of people scremaing and dancing knew what was actually going on You made our day
no problem, always Mary!

I was also dancing
that was so damn important that Tommy closed it out, so Kiwi's loss isn't bad for the team in the outcome
I'm sure he is still upset he didn't win, but the win for the team should make forget him that way more easily now

Old 09-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #30
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes. i mean i was crushed when you told me kiwi lost... like i just stood around all sad, adn then again that tommy lost the first set. cuz then i knew nothing till you let me know he had won.
to tell you the truth, when I saw Tommy down a set and 1-4 in the 2nd set, I was crushed as well and forgot to tell you more updates. Sorry, I hope the time between was not too tough for you, but you said your friends made you forget about it well and when you got not only an update, but a FINAL result about the success of Germany, I hope the joy was even bigger then

Quote:
but i think he is probably feeling good seeing as his country won... we will have to wait till he updates his site to know for sure
he already updated!!!

Last edited by mary b : 09-25-2005 at 10:24 PM.
knight_ley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote