How to post images? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to post images?

Call me dummy...but I'm having trouble inserting an image (.jpg) in my post. The FAQ says to

Quote:
To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.
Well, I don't see a "browse" button. Under the "Additional Options" section, there's an "Attach Files" portion that has a button to "Manage Attachments." When I click that, I do get the browse and upload options (which I did) but then the box just went blank...and no attachment to my post.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanx!!
Angle Queen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to post images?

What types of files are you trying to attach? Give us the three letter suffix i.e.: *.bmp, *.gif or *.jpg
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen
...I'm having trouble inserting an image (.jpg) in my post.
Thought I'd mentioned it was a .jpg. Is there perhaps a size limitation? Is there a difference between "images" and "thumbnails"?

Thanx, Amanda!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #4
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I missed the top of your message.

Can you email me the file you're trying to attach so I can take a look? Email address is amanda@wtnmail.com. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
country flag athie

athie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond repute

As Amanda said it's perhaps an invalid file extension....

Rough guide to image attachments.

1. Reply to post
2. Scroll down to 'Manage Attachments' and click
3. Clicking on 'Manage Attachments' will in turn open a 'Manage Attachments' popup box.
4. Browse and select the images from your system
5. One you have selected your image click 'Upload'

One you have uploaded your images you will be asked to 'close' the popup box.

PS. Amanda any chance of a 'Tutorial Section'??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg click on post reply.jpg (3.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg manage files.jpg (62.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg manage files popupbox.jpg (38.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg browse and select.jpg (85.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg upload.jpg (41.0 KB, 2 views)
athie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Quote:
Originally Posted by athie
One you have uploaded your images you will be asked to 'close' the popup box.
It's a regular jpeg (*.jpg) which I believe to be an "OK" file. I got through all of your steps...thanx for the awesome screen shots...but I never get the "close the popup" option. It just goes completely white and says "done" at the bottom.

As Amanda has requested, I'll email her the file and see if there's anything funny with it.

Thanks again to both of you for trying to help me!!!

AQ
Old 01-07-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
country flag athie

athie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond repute

Thats ok

I meant to add that when you have selected all your images and uploaded and closed the window you should see the following....
You wont actually see your images in your posting until you have clicked ‘submit’

Super Amanda to the rescue!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 01.jpg (51.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #8
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen
Call me dummy...but I'm having trouble inserting an image (.jpg) in my post. The FAQ says to

Well, I don't see a "browse" button. Under the "Additional Options" section, there's an "Attach Files" portion that has a button to "Manage Attachments." When I click that, I do get the browse and upload options (which I did) but then the box just went blank...and no attachment to my post.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanx!!
The same thing happens to me if the size of my pic is too big but it's OK for smaller pics. I don't know the size limit.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #9
country flag athie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
The same thing happens to me if the size of my pic is too big but it's OK for smaller pics. I don't know the size limit.
Interesting point and there is no specification on file size limit. I checked the existing FAQ and it states that....

The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the forums should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!
Old 01-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #10
country flag wtn_amanda

Correct there is supposed to be no limit in the dimensions of attachments. But I just tried to upload Angle Queen's attachment and it didn't work. I'll ask our technical guy to look at fixing this problem.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #11
country flag wtn_amanda

As you can see, resizing the image works.

(edit: deleting attachment now for copyright reasons)

Last edited by wtn_amanda : 01-07-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #12
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtn_amanda

What do you mean by resizing the image works? The picture is too big so has to make smaller before upload or MensTennisForums will resize the picture or....
Old 01-07-2005, 05:32 PM   #13
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtn_amanda

I'd guessed there was some sort of file size limitation...and thanks, Amanda, for making an attempt...and not posting something inappropriate (or illegal). As I mentioned in my private email to you, I had some concerns. I will reply to Chris in the thread I had intended to...with the month and page number citation and omit the actual image.

Again, thanks to everyone for trying to help!!!

AQ
Old 01-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #14
country flag wtn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
What do you mean by resizing the image works? The picture is too big so has to make smaller before upload or MensTennisForums will resize the picture or....
You need to reduce the height and width dimensions using photo editing software and then it should upload okay.

Angle Queen's original image was:
1082wide x 1391high

I reduced it to the following and it uploaded fine:
778wide x 1000high

These are not limits we have deliberately set. We will investigate the cause and see if we can find a resolution to the problem asap.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #15
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Thanks Amanda!