The Filippo Volandri cheering thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #121
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Filippo Volandri cheering thread

Also in the 1st round of the Brasil Open he faces Kim which he should win, but we will see, he might be tired.
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #122
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Yea Filo should beat Kim on clay. Kim's an American hard courter and I find it stange he's playing this tourney.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #123

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well in thend Filo had more problems than expected after losing the first 6-3 (this isnt much of a surprise though as he just got to a final of a torneo and lost so is mentally tired).

However Filo is doing something he hasnt had before and he can pull through matches now. He won the 2nd 6-3 and then eased through 6-0 in the third. Well done Filo, into the 2nd round.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #124
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I'm surprised it went to 3 sets but the important thing is Filo pulled it out.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #125

Volandri won only 1 game against Vanek. This is obviously Filo being tired and after not many matches until last weeks tournament he is still unfit. So I guess I wont read too much into this result. I hope Filo finds fitness soon and starts woopping ass on clay again!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #126
country flag OddJob

Wow what an match for Filo. Only one game on a clay court it's just bad.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #127
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

they say he suffered the heat too much

I hope he can do better in Acapulco
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #128

Yes he needed the rest for Acapulco I think. If hes fit he has a good chance of making the semis in that torneo, at the very least.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #129
country flag wannadoo75

wannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default with Filo!

Here I was in Montecarlo 2005 during Rain delay with Filippo.

RODDICK
NADAL
DJOKOVIC
VERDASCO
FOGNINI
VANGEMERDEN
wannadoo75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:25 PM   #130
country flag wannadoo75

wannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond reputewannadoo75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: with Filo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannadoo75
Here I was in Montecarlo 2005 during Rain delay with Filippo.

I know I'm late but I've just found the Volandri cheering thread!

RODDICK
NADAL
DJOKOVIC
VERDASCO
FOGNINI
VANGEMERDEN
Old 02-25-2006, 12:26 PM   #131
country flag OddJob

Quote:
I know I'm late but I've just found the Volandri cheering thread!

Welcome! We need more people in here. Did u talk to him during the rain delay?
Old 02-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #132
country flag wannadoo75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJob
Welcome! We need more people in here. Did u talk to him during the rain delay?

Yes of course, I had the advantage to speak italian, I told him that if he won with Canas he would give me another pictures to take with him the day after (to give him the same "good luck") Finally he deafeted Canas and We made another pictures together! And he won again against Puerta!!! That was nice!!! But then, Friday I didn't go to the Country Club and he lose with Ferrero...
Filippo is really great player but really nice person as well!

RODDICK
NADAL
DJOKOVIC
VERDASCO
FOGNINI
VANGEMERDEN
Old 02-26-2006, 04:51 PM   #133

Yes I have seen him plenty of times at Wimbledon but never spoke to him. Still hes my favourtie players of all the Italians.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:46 AM   #134
country flag OddJob

Quote:
Yes of course, I had the advantage to speak italian, I told him that if he won with Canas he would give me another pictures to take with him the day after (to give him the same "good luck") Finally he deafeted Canas and We made another pictures together! And he won again against Puerta!!! That was nice!!! But then, Friday I didn't go to the Country Club and he lose with Ferrero...
Filippo is really great player but really nice person as well!

That's awesome! You should share some of those pics.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #135
country flag OddJob

Another tough loss on clay for Filo. What the freak is going on with him? The clay court season is his time to shine. Other then his final in BA things haven't been going so well.