The Filippo Volandri cheering thread - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #781
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Filippo Volandri cheering thread

Has it already been too late for Pippo to be at the US Open? Or would he miss it anyway given his poor record there? Indeed his main aim is to be in the top 100 for end of season so next year he can play at least the clay court events on the main ATP tour.

Especially Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #782
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion number 1 View Post
Has it already been too late for Pippo to be at the US Open? Or would he miss it anyway given his poor record there? Indeed his main aim is to be in the top 100 for end of season so next year he can play at least the clay court events on the main ATP tour.
He's on the alternate list for the US Open, he's like 9 out. I don't know what his schedule is, he'll play the Open if he gets in most likely. But yes, his main goal is to finish top 100, because the start of the season he doesn't have much to defend, and he doesn't have much to defend the rest of this season. Once the S.A. clay season begins next spring, hopefully he can get into the main draws and get decent results.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #783
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Filippo had his 29th birthday on Sunday. Happy belated birthday, Pippo!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:39 AM   #784
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

In tennis related news, Pippo has made a QF and a SF the past two weeks in challengers in Manerbio and Como, and is currently ranked #98 in the up to date rankings. Pippo has defended his points total from last year, so everything now is a bonus. He is playing in Genova this week and won his R1 match 6-0 6-1. A win this week would put him in the mid-70s in the rankings and all but assure a top 100 finish at the end of the season.

Pippo will continue playing Italian challengers after this, with one exception---ATP Bucharest in two weeks. Good luck to Filo this week and throughout the rest of the season!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #785
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filippo defeated his countryman Trusendi 6-0 4-6 6-3 in the 2nd round today. He plays Andreas in the QF tomorrow, third match on center court. They haven't played since 2003, so this is basically a new experience for both in playing each other. Hopefully our man Pippo comes through with the victory; he needs it more than Andreas.

Good luck tomorrow!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #786

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

He lost, but all this should be geared for a positive year on the main tour next season by getting his top 100 ranking back.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 09-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #787
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

He's up to #97 in the world this week. After a week off, he's back this week in Bucharest, and won his R1 match over Kubot 6-3 6-0. He played very well, especially with the backhand, and his serve doesn't seem as weak as previous. Now he awaits the winner of Hanescu/Granollers.

Seeing him playing and winning a match in an ATP event really takes me back to the old days. Hopefully he finishes the year strong so he'll be able to do this more next season.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #788

Indeed hopefully he can climb some more and be a serious contender on the main ATP tour again next year. That is obviously what he has been working towards. Great win against Kubot too.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #789
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Number 92 this week. Pippo had a very strong end to the season and can build on this next year.

It would be nice for him to play all 4 slams.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:03 AM   #790
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

That's a great goal, V.F. It's my personal goal for Pippo as well. Hopefully he can maintain a top 100 ranking though the season. At his advanced age, expecting a return to his previous level is asking a lot, but I do know he can be a decent clay-only player who hangs in the back end of the top 100 for a few seasons, we see many of these guys every year. Most likely will be playing a combo of ATP events with challengers, and what is most important for him is that he does well in the challengers, and can be respectable in ATP events.

I'm just so happy he's top 100 again. After that unfair suspension in 2009 after fighting so hard to get back in the top 100, when he was dealing with his knee problems, was just really great. Now he's made it back again, and let's hope he can stay there for some time now
Old 11-28-2010, 04:04 AM   #791
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

His first event of 2011 will be Doha.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #792
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Pippo is win-less this year after losing Q1 in Sydney, R1 AO and R1 in Santiago to Bellucci.

Fabs and Pippo lost 1st round in doubles this week too. He'll need to pick it up soon.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #793

Nice win and his first of the year against Hanescu in Brazil. Think he has a chance to make it to QF.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #794
country flag VolandriFan

Pippo is playing SFs in Barletta tomorrow against Haider-Maurer.

He beat Crugnola, Luczak and Pospisil so far this week.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #795
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Pippo defeated Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-3 and set up a final with a 20 yr old wild card Aljaz Bedene. Been a great week for Pippo after struggles for the most part this season, and it's primarily because he's been fighting. He's not close to his former level but he is definitely a different player when in Italy and the atmosphere gives him more motivation to play his best.

Hope he wins the final!