The Filippo Volandri cheering thread - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-09-2006, 05:57 AM   #181
country flag georgekuo1017

georgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Filippo Volandri cheering thread

Forza

Horia Tecau × Benoit Paire
Richard Gasquet × Marin Cilic
Simone Bolelli × Filippo Volandri
georgekuo1017 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #182
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

He won 6-4 6-4. It was nice for him to win this game as it means he doesnt lose so many points from last year, but he still wasnt at his best. It was a competent performance, but Ive seen better. Anyway a good win nevertheless and he now has a big match v Nadal. Nothing to lose so maybe he can find form even if he loses.
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #183
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

It was a tough match tho it was only 2 sets. He needed this match more than Andy did. Hopefully he'll come up with some magic vs Rafa.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #184

georgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond repute

(2) Rafael NADAL (ESP) d. Filippo Volandri (ITA) 61 62

Old 05-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #185
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

What a thrashing!! Filo'a troubles continues.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #186

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Supposedly second set wasnt as bad as the score looks, but in the end Filo needs to get his form back. I dont think we will see it before Roland Garros which is a shame. He has Hamburg next week I think and lets just hope he gets a nicer draw and wins a couple of rounds because he has alot of points to defend from Hamburg.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #187

The draw for Hamburg has come out and Volandri at his best can once more reach the QF (and boy does he need his best to keep his points from last year Hamburg)

In round 1 he faces Pashanski. They met in Beunos Aires (one of Filos best tournaments so far this year) and Filo won 64 63 so he knows he can win.

In round 2 he faces either Ginepri or Grsojean and on clay Volandri can beat both. Volandri leads 2-1 over Grosjean in head to head (all on clay) and won the last 2 clay meetings in Stuttgart and last years Hamburg. for Ginepri, its 0-1... they met in Miami on hard and Ginepri won but on clay it would be different. I am confident Filo can beat either to go to round 3.

If he gets to round 3 he faces Acasuso or Ljubicic, obviously the hardest ones. For Ljubicic, Filo is 0-2, but neither game on clay while against Acasuso (surely the toughest battle) Filo is 1-4 (all clay)... and Filo lost in Monte Carlo this year v him.

So I am confident a good and physically in shape Filo can reach round 3. If Volandri concentrates then he can also beat Acasuso or Ljubicic but it would be tough.

Should he get through all of that it would likely be Gonzalez but lets not look that far ahead
Old 05-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #188
country flag OddJob

Yea the first few rnds dont look too bad. Ivan the terrible or Chucho will be tough like u said. The clay court season is coming to an end and Filo needs to back up his points from last year.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #189
country flag OddJob

Yea Filo won his match today!! I got to see the last couple of games so that was cool.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #190

Was he any good? The result seems promising. First time hes won so convincally in a while. He faces Grosjean. Toguh match, but all in all, quite winnable.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #191

Just saw the rankings. Volandri number 52 which is bad news

Good news is thats because the QF points from Hamburg of last year have been knocked off, if he wins them back (or at least beat Grosjean) he should get back top 50 easily.

So lets hope he can beat Grosjean guys.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 AM   #192

hope he can do it

good luck

Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #193
country flag OddJob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion number 1
Was he any good? The result seems promising. First time hes won so convincally in a while. He faces Grosjean. Toguh match, but all in all, quite winnable.

I got to see the about the last 3 games of the set. He was solid from the baseline and getting good length on his shots. Pashanski was over hitting a lot of balls. Filo got a little nervious when he was serving for the match but he closed it out.

I really hopes Filo beats Seb cause he needs a good one to boost his confidence.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:55 AM   #194

he lost to grosjean....

Old 05-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #195

Disappointing. At least it was a tight match so it means he lost the odd point to lose and that can change if he returns to form.

Next week he does the team championship thing in Germany. A light hearted tournament and a chance to improve himself physically, but not really mentally unless he blows away a top player.

I think the French is gonna be tough. We just need to hope for an easy draw and at least the third round in that to keep up in the rankings. Soon he can slip quite fast.

Im not even sure if hes at Wimbledon this year, well for sure hes not in any grass events leading up to it.