how far will roger go at the US open? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: us open - roger - how far?

1st 6 17.65%
2nd 0 0%
3rd 1 2.94%
4th 1 2.94%
QF 3 8.82%
SF 3 8.82%
F 0 0%
HE'LL GO ALL THE WAY!!!! 20 58.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #16
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how far will roger go at the US open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
Q, you looking forward to the Andre match? When it is? I think Andre will win in 2 sets. I just hope its not windy and Roger cleans his game up a little. I would like to see him win this title, but if not then ANDRE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!
Yes Dirk, I REALLY look forward to Andre and Roger's match-ups, especially after seeing the electricity and brilliance that can result in a match like their Masters Cup round robin. I believe they are two most gifted players out there. Geniuses.

As said before, Roger has the tools necessary to beat Andre. But the problem with facing Andre is that you have to keep those tools at a high level for the whole match, because AA will not give you many free points and will always put pressure on you with his groundstrokes. Anyway, hope the two of them produce some more classics before Andre retires!
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #17
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

wait... it was tingu... lol. but im just as guilty for following.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:57 PM   #18
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute

That's OK faboo, I also didn't notice that it said US open, lol!

I think we could just keep the thread as it is. It will remain near the top of the list througout the next couple of weeks, and people will probably figure it out...
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:03 PM   #19
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond reputefaboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: how far will roger go at the US open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
Yes Dirk, I REALLY look forward to Andre and Roger's match-ups, especially after seeing the electricity and brilliance that can result in a match like their Masters Cup round robin. I believe they are two most gifted players out there. Geniuses.

As said before, Roger has the tools necessary to beat Andre. But the problem with facing Andre is that you have to keep those tools at a high level for the whole match, because AA will not give you many free points and will always put pressure on you with his groundstrokes. Anyway, hope the two of them produce some more classics before Andre retires!
i really agree. players with a bigger game always have the capacity to create the win... but andre is pretty damn consistent, and pretty powerful if i do say so myself.

however, if roger plays like he did in any of his matches in houston, i don't think anyone can beat him when he's playing that well. i have never seen so many second serve aces or completely blind luck-looking winners in my life.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:55 PM   #20
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but Rogi's not playing well at the moment so let's hope he steps it up big time for AO... so who IS playing well now? AA for sure, as he always does this time of yr, Pandy also, Carlos [better leave some of that great form for the AO, pls!], who else? Rafa not bad...

We need Rogi and Juanqui to both play well at the AO and also Marat.

Come on, Rogi!

AA will want to win again -- it's his fave slam and they love him there... he trains like a fiend and yes is very consistent and plays high % tennis... he's worked out his strategies fr yrs of experience and knows everything that's going on out there... so beware!
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:14 PM   #21
country flag ytben

ytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond reputeytben has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, I was wondering why you are discussing the USO so early. Yeah Rogi doesn't play too well at the moment from the reports I read. But it is the start of the season, so it is normal to be a bit rusty. Not everyone can be superhuman like Agassi, play so well after offseason. Here's hoping Rogi get a nice early draw in AO so he can find his groove
ytben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #22
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

I think he will win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:35 PM   #23
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Of Course he will Win!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote