The Rainer Schuettler Cheering Thread - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2004, 11:23 PM   #331
country flag Scotty5

Scotty5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Rainer Schuettler Cheering Thread

Rainer is the new president of the players' council for the ATP, through 2006.
Congratulations!
Since he was elected by fellow players, he must be well-liked and thought of as fair.
Scotty5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2004, 01:47 PM   #332
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Rainer wins against Söderling 4-6 6-3 7-6(5) 1-6 6-2

well done, Rainer!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #333
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Rainer Schuettler will now face either Greg Rusedski or Davide Sanguinetti in the Second round - at the moment its looking like Rusedski as hes 1 set all and a break up in the 3rd.
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:55 PM   #334
country flag alfonsojose
CRY BA**

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Next .. Rusedski .. Go Rainer !!
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:13 PM   #335
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rainer against Söderling

And here´s an article I found on tennisweek.com about Rainer being elected president of the players´council:

President Schuettler

C.Lum/Wire Images.com By Tennis Week
06/23/2004

Rainer Schuettler has earned perhaps his most important title — president of the ATP Player Council. The 28-year-old German was selected by his fellow players as the president of the representative body for ATP player members.

The new Player Council elected returning member Schuettler as its president, with Peru's Luis Horna, a new member, and the Bahama's Mark Knowles, a returning member, as vice presidents.

"For me, it's a very interesting and good challenge," said Schuettler, the German who finished sixth in the ATP 2003 Race. "I look forward to doing the best for the players."

Additionally, the Player Council re-elected Ricardo Acioly to the position of ATP Board player representative for the Americas region. Acioly, from Brazil, has served on the Board as the Americas player representative over the past two years, and he will continue with a new three-year term beginning in 2005. He is joined on the Board by fellow player representatives Tomas Carbonell (Europe) and Bob Brett (International).

"It was great to see so many players wanting to be involved in the running of the ATP circuit," said Horst Klosterkemper, ATP Managing Director Europe who oversees the ATP's Player Services division worldwide. "I would like to extend my congratulations to the re-elected members, who did such a good job on the previous term, as well as the new members. Special thanks go to the new president, Rainer Schuettler, and the two vice presidents, Luis Horna and Mark Knowles, who are willing to put in the extra work for the good of the game. I'm also pleased that Ricardo Acioly will continue in his role as Board player representative, as he has demonstrated a strong understanding of player issues and a commitment to helping the ATP grow the game of tennis for the benefit of its members and fans."

Player Council members elected by their peers to serve on the Player Council through June 2006 are:

1-50 Singles: Rainer Schuettler (President), Albert Costa, Younes El Aynaoui, Ivan Ljubicic
51-100 Singles: Raemon Sluiter, Luis Horna (co-Vice President)
1-100 Doubles: Mark Knowles (co-Vice President), Michael Kohlmann
At Large: Guillermo Canas, David Adams
Alumni: Jaime Fillol
Coach: Ricardo Piatti
amethyst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:44 PM   #336
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone watch Rainer's match today?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:57 PM   #337
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Did anyone watch Rainer's match today?
I saw nothing of it They didn´t show it live because they were only talking about German soccer desaster And I had no time to wait for a replay
amethyst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:48 PM   #338
country flag athie

athie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it (thx BBC)
athie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:10 AM   #339
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Click the links to open the pix of Rainer's R1 match. They are huge.

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-...ORT-TENNIS.jpg

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-...ORT-TENNIS.jpg
Old 06-25-2004, 06:11 AM   #340
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Also, check out the play of the week on atptennis.com A game point of Rainer vs Fish in Halle was chosen.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #341
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Rainer is fighting hard with Rusedski and his big serve... looks like a third consecutive tiebreaker!

COME ON, Rainer!!! hang in, Rusedski will collapse at some time if you manage to believe in yourself all the time and keep it close!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 06-25-2004, 05:33 PM   #342
country flag Neely
-

Rainer defeated Rusedski 6-7(5) 7-6(10) 6-7(5) 6-2 6-2

tough fight, Rainer! but he battled through! Congrats

sure, he got lucky to win this 2nd set tiebreak as the match could have been over after three tiebreak sets. phew, that was close!

Old 06-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #343
country flag sam

sam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond repute

He lost in the 3rd round :cry: But it was nice to see him battle through a couple of tough matches and win a slam match.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #344
country flag sam

sam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond reputesam has a reputation beyond repute

Rainer is taking on quite a tough schedule. After Wimby:
Gstaad
Stuttgart
Kitzbuhel
Olympics
Toronto
Cincinatti

That's probably not in the right order, but it's a lot. I would love it so much if Rainer could won an Olympic medal. It would be a symbol of all his hard work.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #345
country flag sam

Rainer and Babsi are playing mixed doubles
But it will be tough to win their 2nd round. Get ready for more clay!