Florent Serra - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #301
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florent Serra

Don't think I've ever seen his name on a headline (outside France), but here it is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...shock-win.html

Australian Open 2010: Andy Murray's opponent Florent Serra aims for shock win
In France, he is about as famous as the French cricket team. Yet tennis player Florent Serra is aiming to belie his lowly world ranking by pulling off a shock win over Britain's Andy Murray.

If a British tennis player was ranked No 64 in the world he would be the domestic No 2 behind Andy Murray, but Serra competes under the Tricolore and that makes him the French No 10, one of the B-list behind the likes of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Gaël Monfils, Gilles Simon and Richard Gasquet.

About the only chance that Serra has of achieving tennis fame these days would be if he manages to defeat Murray when they meet in the third round of the Australian Open.

"I'm very discrete, but that depends on me," Serra said. "Maybe if I beat Murray I would be on the front page."

It will be Murray's first encounter with Serra, a 28 year-old from Bordeaux, but the Scot's second match in succession at Melbourne Park against a Frenchman that those who picnic on Wimbledon's Henman Hill would not recognise if he walked straight past them wearing his accreditation badge.

There were three challenges for Murray on the Margaret Court Arena; the swirling wind in the bowl-like stadium, keeping his concentration in front of a 'pub crowd' who appeared to have spent most of the day over-doing the sun and the local lager, and also the tennis being played by Marc Gicquel, the world No 57 and the French No 9.

Murray dealt with all of them for a 6-1, 6-4, 6-3 victory, and since he had only dropped four games in his opening match against South Africa's Kevin Anderson, he has conceded just 12 games so far at this tournament.

Life has been very different at Melbourne Park for Serra. The Frenchman has already played a lot of tennis, as he needed five sets to defeat Austria's Jürgen Melzer in the first round and then another five sets to beat Jarkko Nieminen, having staved off the Finn's two match points.

For only the second time in his career, and for the first time since the 2008 French Open, Serra is through to the last 32 of a grand slam. He is also extremely tired. So is Juan Martin del Potro, last season's US Open champion, who needed five sets and more than four and a quarter hours to beat America's James Blake 6-4, 6-7, 5-7, 6-3, 10-8.

Louk Sorensen, who on Tuesday became the first Irishman in the modern era to win a match in the main draw of the slams, lost in straight sets against John Isner, a giant from the United States.

==========================================

I do hope he can shock the world tomorrow, would be fun (sorry Andy).
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #302
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

And there go my anti-jinx spell. >_<

Thanks for the article.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #303
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Good fight against Federer. Federer was not playing very well but great fighting spirit by Flo coming from a break down in the first set and a double break down in the second set but during the tie-break Fed was better.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #304
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Flo loves Casablanca after losing final last year he's in semi vs Hanescu good luck to him. Any of the three others players enjoys me so let's hope the title for Flo.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #305
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He played really well yesterday. He says he had only two days of training before Casa, but he feels well already, he was looking forward to the clay season.
He has a decent draw in MC too, with Robert in the first round and then Djokovic.

I read an interview of him the other day and he said Arnaud is a model for him (since they now practice together). Arnaud's experience is very useful and he admires him for still being so motivated in training with the career he's had.
I also liked how he answers the question about what he wants to do after tennis: he wants to become a physio and sounds like he has concrete plans, I found it a nice change to the evasive answers they usually give to this question ("ahem, something related to tennis, probably" - like they're just hoping to get some cushy job at the FFT, in French TV or as a tournament director somewhere).
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #306
country flag soulage

He lost I don't see the match but huge loss apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I read an interview of him the other day and he said Arnaud is a model for him (since they now practice together). Arnaud's experience is very useful and he admires him for still being so motivated in training with the career he's had.
I also liked how he answers the question about what he wants to do after tennis: he wants to become a physio and sounds like he has concrete plans, I found it a nice change to the evasive answers they usually give to this question ("ahem, something related to tennis, probably" - like they're just hoping to get some cushy job at the FFT, in French TV or as a tournament director somewhere).
We can read it on Internet ? It's a first time i heard about a player who wants to be physio after retiring from tennis. All the time they don't know I even don't know until which level Flo goes on school Some of the french players even don't get their baccalauréat.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #307
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He has his "bac", he is one of the very few French players who even tried to study for a while!
I found nice he sounds ready to learn a real job and have a normal professional life.

(My scanner doesn't work anymore, but if I manage to get it to work again, I'll post it here.)

As for yesterday's match, Hanescu was playing well, but it was atrocious stuff from Florent from *4-5 on. And you could so, so feel it coming when he started to serve to stay in the first set, he was looking fine until then, but he started missing everything left, right and center...
He says all credit goes to Hanescu who didn't let him play his game and was varying too well, which is not completely wrong, Hanescu's dropshots always won him the point, in particular (although they didn't look that good, but Florent *never* caught them) - but it really was the typical Florent collapse too.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #308
country flag Truc

I got my scanner to work again!! I had been trying for 6 months.

So, here's the interview, it's from the March issue of "Tennis Info":
Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #309
country flag soulage

Thanks Interesting.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #310
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I found nice he sounds ready to learn a real job and have a normal professional life.
He always looked well-grounded and aware of his limitations.

Thanks for the scans. Interesting indeed.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #311
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute

English?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #312
country flag Truc

Nothing special to summarize, really. He talks mostly about his good run in Melbourne with the two wins over Melzer and Nieminen in 2 days, it's important for him because he did poorly last year in big events and he pays for it now rankingwise. The Nieminen match is the longest and the most spectacular he's ever played. He mentions a few other matches, like when he won Bucharest he was one set down and 0-4 down in an early round and then he started to play like in a trance. But this time it was in a Slam, so definitely bigger.
It's due to several things, a lot of physical work this winter, he's also improved his technique, takes the ball earlier and hits with more power, some new relaxation techniques before a match when he feels he's too tense and he now is able to focus on the game and the tactics only and not on the circumstances. He used to be obsessed by the result in the last 4 years. When he won his 2 titles back in 2006, he was very "happy-go-lucky", but then he started thinking way too much, always got tight against top players, had some painful matches like when he lost in RG against Spadea after having had 9 MP. He's more mature now (he will turn 29 soon), feels well physically and thinks he still has a few good years ahead of him.
And then the things I already mentioned about Clément, his new training partner, and the fact he'd like to become a physio. At the beginning of his career he had problems with his hip and spent a lot of time with physios, that's how he took an interest in it. He knows how useful they are for the players and would like to do the same later.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #313
country flag Cyril S.

Cyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Truc!

I've updated Florent's gallery on my site:
http://zefts.free.fr/Serra/florent.htm

Old 04-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #314
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic-Serra.Monte-Carlo.2010.2nd (6 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #315
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro | Dušan Lajović

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote