Florent Serra - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #271
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florent Serra

Thanks a lot for all the pics of Szczecin you've posted in all the player forums, pingpong!

I took some pics of him in training and during the Montcourt match too, they're here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30572624@N03/
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #272
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Flo gave me a good laugh again, he acts so weird sometimes, talking to himself, etc.

At one time in training, he pulled down his pants a bit and stayed like that for ever, totally still, the pants half down, lost in thought, with his sparring partner waiting and waiting on the other side.
He probably was testing if it was too cold to play in shorts or not, I don't know, but he was looking crazy.
I took the pic too late, he had FINALLY made up his mind and was pulling his pants up. It's not funny when I tell it anyway, but it was to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Serra short.jpg (73.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #273
country flag Truc

This French guy was with him all the time, btw, does anybody know who he is? He was supporting him during his match too. He looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to his face:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copain Serra.jpg (157.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #274
country flag pingpong22

pingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Flo gave me a good laugh again, he acts so weird sometimes, talking to himself, etc.

At one time in training, he pulled down his pants a bit and stayed like that for ever, totally still, the pants half down, lost in thought, with his sparring partner waiting and waiting on the other side.
He probably was testing if it was too cold to play in shorts or not, I don't know, but he was looking crazy.
I took the pic too late, he had FINALLY made up his mind and was pulling his pants up. It's not funny when I tell it anyway, but it was to see.
OMG he looks so funny
pingpong22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #275
country flag Truc

*bump*
Casablanca QF
[5] F Serra (FRA) d T Gabashvili (RUS) 60 64

SF against Montanes today, Montanes thrashed him 6-3 6-0 in IW, but Flo said after the match he had no idea what happened to him, he was actually playing well in training before the match and had a blackout during the match. It happens with Flo.
Florent beat him in straight sets last year in the final of Szczecin on clay. Allez!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #276
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He will play the final against Ferrero after beating Montanes 64/64. I would prefer Ferrero to win since i love the rebirth but good luck to Florent
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #277
country flag Truc

I will cheer for Florent, of course, I find him funnier than JCF! He really makes me laugh when I see him play in person.

Flo leads 2-0 in the h2h, but they've never played on clay:
2006 's-Hertogenbosch QF Grass (O) F.SERRA 6-3 6-7(4) 6-3
2009 Brisbane 32 Hard (O) F.SERRA 6-3 7-6(3)
Old 04-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #278
country flag Truc

And he plays Karlovic in the 1st round of Monte-Carlo, so carry on this good form for at least one more match after Casablanca, please, Florent.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #279
country flag Truc

Et merde, 4-6 5-7.

The article in L'Equipe today (before the final) was so typical again. The title: "Serra devient méchant" - Serra gets nasty/becomes a bad guy. He says he's too nice and being aggressive on the court is not something natural for him, he really has to force himself all the time, it's crazy.

A disappointed Serra who was desperate to make it three titles from three finals was able to take some positives from the tournament.
"I am disappointed, but it's my first final in 3 years, and I am very happy because I can defend my points from Estoril last year when I reached the semi-final and so I can stay in the top 50. I am happy with my game this week; I played a very aggressive game and I have to play like this every match. Even though I was more tired today, if I continue to play the same tennis it won't be my only final. I hope I will play other finals and win other titles."

http://www.inside-tennis.net/tennis-...e-drought.html

Last edited by Truc : 04-12-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #280
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Conchita on T4U was after the Casa Final so I put up the flv for her - maybe someone here will want it too?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FH441ZKG

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #281
country flag Truc

I saw Florent quite a lot in Madrid again, but I don't know if it's worth writing a long report since he hasn't a lot of fans on this board (<- understatement).
I watched his match against Schüttler, I listened to his interview and conversation with the Canal+ journalists, I saw him practice with Gilles... Each time I go to tournaments, I bump into Flo everywhere. And each time I see him, he's playing really well and being so nice! He gave me such a nice smile when I wished him good luck for the next round, it made me melt.
"Mrs. Serra" was there, at the practice session too. Florent looked in good spirits, really. In the interview after the Schüttler match he sounded pretty confident for the next round and said he needs to beat one of the top guys anyway to go further in the Masters 1000 events, so Kolya isn't such a bad draw in his opinion.
But I watched Kolya yesterday against Troicki and I found him impressive, it won't be as easy as the Canal guys were saying ("sure, he's in poor shape atm", blablabla).
Old 05-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #282
country flag Truc

Pics of the Schüttler match are here:
http://picasaweb.google.de/Trucsdetennis/TennisMadrid
(It looks like he had another fan taking pics of him in the photo of the TV interview, but that's actually my friend photographing me stalking Flo.)
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #283
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the 2nd set of Flo vs Davydenko on TTC. Sending my good thoughts through the TV didn't help him win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Pics of the Schüttler match are here:
http://picasaweb.google.de/Trucsdetennis/TennisMadrid
(It looks like he had another fan taking pics of him in the photo of the TV interview, but that's actually my friend photographing me stalking Flo.)
Love the pic of your head!
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #284
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

I just read about Flo's match with Djoker yesterday. Too bad he didn't win, but good effort!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ape/article.do
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #285
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon R128 [27] P Kohlschreiber (GER) d F Serra (FRA) 76(3) 61 64

(pics from FFT)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0006.jpg (195.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 0012.jpg (239.7 KB, 5 views)

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote