Florent Serra - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #166
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florent Serra

Thanks for the updates! I've been pretty busy last time...

Well, Flo has not an easy draw at all. But if he wins two first rounds I think it can be a bit easier later... The meeting with Kohlschreiber is already today.

Allez Florent, tu peux le faire!

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #167
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Non, il ne pouvait le faire...

P. Kohlschreiber def. F. Serra 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 Florent is last person who deserved to lose in the first round... But don't give up, Flo!

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #168
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

quel dommage

he's not playing doubles either...hopefully he has better luck in miami...
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #169
country flag Hangdog

Hopefully he plays a good challenger before Miami. Whatever result he'll there have I do respect and support this his decision of asking for a WC right after his early loss in Indian Wells .

He, (1)(WC)Florent Serra , plays his first round of Sunrise today (7PM of local time or something like that... anyway for me it'll already be a morning of the next day, so I hope Flo's going to wish me a "good morning" by his result) against his mate Olli Patience (not the best draw but there is no another one). Also they play together in doubles - as usually last weeks.

There is no more news yet. The best luck to you, Florent. You do need it . According the statistics of the last match he had no huge problems with his serve - just the extremely low percent of realization of break points. The unforced errors weren't shown... I guess it was a number of them better-not-to-show . So all these details prove the soul thing: everything is only in your hands, or I'd better say in your head, Florent, - you have nothing to lose, just relax like you like and play your game like you can . Allez!

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-15-2006, 03:20 AM   #170
country flag Hangdog

OUI! Thank you so much Florent!

(1)(WC)Florent Serra (FRA) d. Olivier Patience (FRA) 6-4 6-4
(but it's not official yet... ). Anyway I hope it's true - and then the next opponent is Jiri Vanek.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #171
country flag Hangdog

Yeah, fortunately the result is true and here is the story:

The tournament’s top seed Florent Serra (ATP ranking 38) faced fellow Frenchman Olivier Patience in the marquee night match Monday. They’ve known each other, and practiced together since they were 15 – so they know each other’s games. Serra, who has had an erratic few weeks – lost in the first round of the Pacific Life Open (to Phillip Kohlschreiber) and was glad to get a few more matches under his belt before the Nasdaq-100 Open later this month. Serra said he had lost some confidence – but in Monday night’s match he felt it coming back.

“I tried to be aggressive, to go to the net,” Serra said. “And I have to practice tomorrow, to continue to be aggressive. Today my first serve was not very, very good sometimes. When I have the opportunity I have to go to the net and to put pressure on my opponent.”
One signature Serra shot worked well throughout the match – a deadly dropper that won him the game on his serve at 4-3, setting him up for a 6-4, 6-4 straight set win.

Today they (with Patience) play doubles match against Tursunov and his unknown playmate. Allez les gars! Florent, be aggressive and confident! And everything will be well.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #172
country flag Hangdog

About Florent's last adventures.

- about the WC
''I haven't played good in a month, so instead of sitting 10 days waiting for NASDAQ, I can play matches at this Challenger and gain confidence,'' Serra said. "It is the perfect situation.''

- story of the last match
It was another picture-perfect afternoon at Sunrise Tennis Club – but top seed Florent Serra wasn’t enjoying the scenery in his match against Jiri Vanek. The first set went to Serra 6-3; then Vanek turned the favor, winning the second 6-3. In the third – things got interesting.

Vanek broke Serra to go up 3-2; then consolidated the break. After a couple of holds, Serra serving at advantage – he played a beautiful drop shot and Vanek’s lob fell long. At 5-4 on Vanek’s serve, Serra had two game points; but the game went to deuce twice. On Serra’s ad, Vanek approached the net and Serra ripped a clean backhand winner, tieing up the match at 5-5.

“After I broke him finally in the third set, I was 5-3 leading and then I started to be a little nervous,” Vanek said. “That was the point where he started to
play good again. And he broke me back, then it was five-all, and it was a fight again.”

Serra held at 5-all, then Vanek held at love to get to the tie break. “He was a little bit up after he broke me back – he was leading 6-5, and he was battling like he was in the match again. I said like I have to keep my serve going into the tie break – tie breaks are always about luck a little bit. I make two or three good serves in the tie break and that helped me a lot.”

On Vanek’s second match point, Serra lost footing lunging for a volley and Vanek won the match 3-6, 6-3, 7-6(4).

Head-to-head, Serra has won two of three times they’ve played – and Serra is currently about 53 ranking positions higher than Vanek – but Vanek says “Now, the tennis it’s like, everybody can beat everybody – it’s no different if I beat first seed or eighth seed, because it’s a good draw here, you have good guys here. So you have to go step by step to the next match.”

Well... He was quite close to get back his confidence. But lost again. *sigh* Good luck, don't give up Flo!

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 PM   #173
country flag Hangdog

Florent's part of Miami draw:

SIMON, Gilles FRA v SERRA, Florent FRA
Bye v (12) GASQUET, Richard FRA

Not the worst thing that could happen, IMO. Yes, maybe it's not so bad for Flo to play against his countrymates - will see. Anyway, despite anything, I count on Flo! Allez Florent, the best luck to you!

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-22-2006, 06:45 PM   #174
country flag Hangdog

Good start!
F Serra (FRA) d G Simon (FRA) 62 64

Though Gilles, according statistics, was on Flo's level or even better in some components (more aces-winners and less errors). And 47% of the first serve is pretty poor number for Florent. But the result is done anyway.

So the next opponent is Gasquet, it should be very interesting match I suppose. The best luck to you, Flo, allez!! It's time to come back.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-25-2006, 03:27 AM   #175
country flag Hangdog

Yeah, finally there is a fest on Florent's street! The match lasted for hours (about 3 I guess) because of some strange technical or whatever else problems but finished the next way:

F Serra (FRA) d (12)R Gasquet (FRA) 76 63 Sorry for Richard and his fans of course... But Flo!!!!

So yes, as it was possible to expect for a good case, Flo has gone two his countrymates and now he faces Ancic. Sure it doesn't look easy at all and moreover it's not exactly that Florent is really back to his best tennis - but anyway Mario has had some troubles himself in the match against Kim just now losing him a game 2-6. On the other hand, seems the stats is right and Flo realised 2 of 3 break points he got against Gasquet, did it also the same well in the first match, and it can be a good odd for him in the future, too.

Allez Florent, have the best luck!

And, by the way, there is a couple Grosjean/Serra in doubles main draw . Unbelievable... Mais allez les gars!

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-25-2006, 03:53 AM   #176
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

i just know that you won't be asleep

great result for florent... and bad for richard

the sunrise challenger has done him good.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #177
country flag Hangdog

Well, I’d like to tell an exciting story about how much I worried about mon garçon Florent that I just couldn’t do anything during the day, was mentally with him and prayed for his good match, and then I couldn’t leave the screen of my PC and certainly couldn’t sleep... But unfortunately I can’t tell stories of this sort because, frankly speaking, I had a usual busy day and a very good calm night until about 6am when I woke up, opened my eyes and decided to observe the latest news. I know, it’s such a fall in your eyes... but I promise to follow (to try at least) Arnaud’s match today . And I believe in him even against Federer lol.

Coming back to the main topic of this thread I’ve just thought what a duet of two the most calm players of the tour it’ll be – Grosjean/Serra I mean. Especially in the match against a couple that includes such a crazy guy like my countryman Marat is. If it happens, of course.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #178
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

this is definitely cool for him...looks like Sunrise did help him!!

hope he can continue! (even though he's playing mario who i also like )

allez Flo!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #179
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

He lost to Ancic 6-7 7-6 6-2.
But he won his double with Seb against Safin and Philipoussis!

Here are some pics I took before his match against Gasquet.

It was very painful for me to watch this match cos I was hoping Richard to win this. He has so much points to defend and is actually in a difficult situation but anyway... During the match some french people asked me if they could sit next to me so I answered them in french "oui, biensur!" Then, we talked a little bit and actually, they were Florent's parents. They are very nice.

I also saw Florent's 1st round against Gilles Simon and Guy Forget and all the staff of the DC were in the crowd. I was thinking about Flo's interview in which he said his deepest dream was to be in the DC team... Maybe it will come soon. (I really doubt PHM and Monfils will be in the team this time because of their poor results!)
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #180
country flag Hangdog

Julie! I was close to begin thinking Florent’s become invisible... Three rounds of a big tournament and there were no photos or interviews anywhere .

Well, actually I supposed Florent to be absolutely exhausted after his so tight battle against Ancic so I was surprised to see frenchies won in doubles and in 2 sets even. But there is no doubt Florent is such a responsible guy and he just couldn’t let Sebastien down. A very good quality for a Davis Cup player . I saw a guy from the staff of French DC team on some photo and, yes, it’s logically they observed the current possibilities of their players. And Guy told good words about Flo even after his AO match. But I’m not sure it’s the best time now to pick him up to the team. Though yeah, Micka against Safin + Flo against Davydenko = France in the semis .

I don’t have a definite opinion about the match against Mario. On one hand, I’m sad because Florent found what to contrast to Mario’s serve and confident game. Maybe he had a lack of good luck, but anyway he had not a bad chance to win and not to be stopped in the 3rd round. On the other hand, we shouldn’t forget Serra is a sort of a newbie at the big tournaments and against so great rivals – only a year ago he played almost nothing except challengers, so now he’s on the way of getting an experience – just remember his worlds from Adelaide when he told how glad he is playing against so great guys.

Thank you very much, Julie, for your story, hope you had a great time at the tournament! I guess how not easy it was for you to watch Florent’s match against Richard... And that’s funny you sat next to Florent’s parents there, I’ve heard they’re very nice people but it’s a big surprise for me they went with him to America.

All the best to Florent for his next singles matches, time will show where he’s going to play them. And I hope Seb/Flo will have a good match against Bryans, allez les gars!!!!

Nicolas Devilder

Last edited by Hangdog : 03-27-2006 at 07:55 PM.