Davs Cup Usa Vs Belgium on espn 2 tomorrow... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2005, 05:50 AM   #1
country flag henree

henree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond reputehenree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Davs Cup Usa Vs Belgium on espn 2 tomorrow...

Don't forget.
henree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2005, 05:54 AM   #2
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davs Cup Usa Vs Belgium on espn 2 tomorrow...

Actually, that's next Friday the 23rd. Tomorrow the China Open is on TTC.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:54 AM   #3
country flag lucashg

lucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond repute

Belgium

Edit: Ops , but as I won't watch the China Open anyway (Vamos Guille!), here's my cheering for Belgium 'til next week.

Roger Federer

Richard Gasquet, Marcos Baghdatis, Tomas Berdych, Evgeny Korolev, Stanislas Wawrinka, Fabrice Santoro, Paul-Henri Mathieu, etc

Proud passenger on The Federer Express

Seat #115
lucashg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:39 AM   #4
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

The Americans are in Belgium.

Roddick was interviewed and it seems he underestimated how small our little country is. He seemed to be surprised of the size of the town he was staying in (don't know where he's staying).
They asked him on tv here (he was really friendly) what he knew from Belgium. Roddick answered "Stella Artois".

The Belgian coach Martens said that the Belgian crowd is too polite and he urged them to get noisy and to try to get on the nerves of the Americans a bit. Bring in a small music band, cheer loudly for the Belgians. He said that it's not necessary to cheer when Roddick makes a double fault but when he mishits a ball or gives a bad return, people should cheer that because that's often due to the other player's good shot.
The radio journalist said that our chances are more limited without Malisse (that's also what the Americans said). Martens answered that this is one reason why he urged the crowd to be less polite than they usually are: we're going to need the support of the crowd but we must not forget Olivier Rochus: he's very respected and he also said that he is as talented as Federer but the only downside he has is his size.
Another bonus is that the clay court in Leuven is VERY slow. Roddick also mentionned this...he didn't like it and he hopes that by playing on it in practice that it will speed up a bit.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #5
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore

Roddick was interviewed and it seems he underestimated how small our little country is. He seemed to be surprised of the size of the town he was staying in (don't know where he's staying).
They asked him on tv here (he was really friendly) what he knew from Belgium. Roddick answered "Stella Artois".

The Belgian coach Martens said that the Belgian crowd is too polite and he urged them to get noisy and to try to get on the nerves of the Americans a bit. Bring in a small music band, cheer loudly for the Belgians. He said that it's not necessary to cheer when Roddick makes a double fault but when he mishits a ball or gives a bad return, people should cheer that because that's often due to the other player's good shot.
The radio journalist said that our chances are more limited without Malisse (that's also what the Americans said). Martens answered that this is one reason why he urged the crowd to be less polite than they usually are: we're going to need the support of the crowd but we must not forget Olivier Rochus: he's very respected and he also said that he is as talented as Federer but the only downside he has is his size.
Another bonus is that the clay court in Leuven is VERY slow. Roddick also mentionned this...he didn't like it and he hopes that by playing on it in practice that it will speed up a bit.
Thanks for this

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #6
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Which team is more likely to win?
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #7
Allez-H²

Allez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-H² has a reputation beyond repute

Cheering for Belgica all the way such a shame that Malisse isn't playing but I have faith in Ollie and Chris
Allez-H² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:15 PM   #8
country flag avocadoe

avocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond repute

How come Malisse isn't playing?
avocadoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #9
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocadoe
How come Malisse isn't playing?
It's a touchy situation but you'll find more information about it in this thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=52035

Quote:
Which team is more likely to win?
Olivier Rochus gives the Belgian team about 40% chance to beat the Americans.

Last edited by Castafiore : 09-20-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #10
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Give the Americans some of those french fries slathered in mayonnaisse and Belgium will win.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #11
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

GO USA

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:21 PM   #12
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone that defeats cute little Ollie when he is playing at home is a big meanie

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:23 PM   #13
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least we are getting great Davis cup coverage this weekend. Six countries between ESPN and Tennis Channel.

I'd love to also see SWI vs GB and ESP vs ITA.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:51 PM   #14
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait when I go on Sunday
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:21 PM   #15
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore

Thanks for this. Roddick is always a good interview. Belgium had a great chance to take this if they had an in-form X-Man playing for them.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote