HSBC World Match Play Championship - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-15-2005, 05:04 AM   #1
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC World Match Play Championship

Following form on the europeantour circuit over the year, I have some tips for the first round 2 balls.

The matchups are as follows

Retief Goosen V Kenneth Ferrie
Colin Montgomery V Mark Hensby
Tim Clark V Steve Elkington
Michael Campbell V Geoff Ogilvy
Luke Donald V Bernhard Langer
Thomas Bjorn V Paul McGinley
David Howell V Jose Maria Olazabel
Angel Cabrera V Trevor Immelman

I like Michael Campbell @ $1.55 to beat Geoff Ogilvy in the first round.
I also like Luke Donald @ $1.52 to beat Bernhard Langer in the first round.
I also like Retief Goosen @ $1.20 to beat Kenneth Ferrie in the first round.

However, I am only going the one play. That is Michael Campbell to defeat Geoff Ogilvy. And on top of that, I firmly believe that Michael can win the whole thing.

Speaking of which, the winner.

Retief Goosen is favourite at $4
Luke Donald is at $10
Michael Campbell is at $11

I'm very tempted to have a dig at Donald who is in awesome form and put some on Campbell. Donald's odds considering the form he's been in are too good to miss.

My suggested bet though is Michael Campbell today to defeat Geoff Ogilvy and that's who I'm on.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2005, 06:43 AM   #2
country flag Yoel and co.

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC World Match Play Championship

I took you on that one Bolar

Goosen to beat Ferrie as part of a parlay

Campbell to win it all @ 11
Donald to win it all @ 9

Cheers
Yoel and co. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:17 AM   #3

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment Goosen is 2 up over Ferrie after 9.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #4

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute

Goosen was part of a parlay that included Bychkova - gone down then
Old 09-15-2005, 08:59 AM   #5

Bad Luck - you follow Golf much?

Goosen is still 3 up after 11 holes.

Donald is murdering his opponent too. 4 up after 8. - Good sign of form for us who backed him to win the tournament.

Campbell finally levelled with Ogilvy after 9. They're both equal.

Campbell is in a parlay consisting of Verdasco and Youzhny.

Current Scores

Campbell V Ogilvy - Even (9)
Donald V Langer - Donald 4 up (8)
Goosen V Ferrie - Goosen 4 up (12)
Clarke V Elkington - Even (10)
Montgomery V Hensby - 3 up (12)
Bjorn V McGinley - Even (6)
Howell V Olazabel - Olazabel 2 up (6)
Cabrera V Immelman - Even (5)

Last edited by Bolar Bolabi : 09-15-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #6

I follow here and there. Managed to get a good win with Singh winning the Buick Open but also lost some
Old 09-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #7

Goosen and Donald are still 5 up and Campbell finally gets 1 up again.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:59 AM   #8

Nando is the biggest choker in mens tennis.

Up a break in the first set, lost the set.

Up a break in the second set, lost the set.

Lost to Mayer on clay. What a d!ck.

Should have learnt after the US Open not to back him!

Won the Campbell leg. Should have stayed with golf and parlayed the big 3.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #9

Bolar, what is the best website to follow scores for this?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #10
country flag Gunner

Gunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond repute

bbc webiste is pretty good just follow the links from www.bbc.co.uk
Gunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:03 PM   #11

The best is probably the tournament's website - http://www.hsbcgolf.com
Old 09-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #12
country flag Gunner

Gunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond repute

The official website is well behind at least 5 minutes

im watching on tv live

Just parlayed in running

cambell X hensby x cabrera @ 2.1

Last edited by Gunner : 09-15-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:10 PM   #13
country flag Gunner

BET WON

Mkaes up for the loss i had b4 they teed off where bjorn hurt a 5 fold parlay at 7.8

Level for the day
Old 09-16-2005, 02:54 AM   #14

www.europeantour.com - however, that didn't show the scores early yesterday.

or the official website as listed above.

Matchups for today

Retief Goosen $1.40 V Mark Hensby $2.90
Michael Campbell $1.60 V Steve Elkington $2.30
Luke Donald $1.50 V Paul McGinley $2.55
Jose Maria Olazabel $2.20 V Angel Cabrera $1.65

Atm I'd parlay Donald, Campbell and Goosen or just a combination of 2 of them. I'm not touching the other one. Ideally, Goosen, Campbell and Donald should have wins over their opponents today.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:20 AM   #15
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi
www.europeantour.com - however, that didn't show the scores early yesterday.

or the official website as listed above.

Matchups for today

Retief Goosen $1.40 V Mark Hensby $2.90
Michael Campbell $1.60 V Steve Elkington $2.30
Luke Donald $1.50 V Paul McGinley $2.55
Jose Maria Olazabel $2.20 V Angel Cabrera $1.65

Atm I'd parlay Donald, Campbell and Goosen or just a combination of 2 of them. I'm not touching the other one. Ideally, Goosen, Campbell and Donald should have wins over their opponents today.
Good luck 2nite Bolar,pics look soild!!!!Watch out for Jose Maria Olazabal at 2.20 over Angel Cabrera!!!This guys is starting to get back abit of form and consistency of which he was regarded as a very talented Spainish in his earlier yrs,he is primed to take a title soon this yr and it could come sooner then later!!!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote