Bush's Address to the UN this morning - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Bush's Address to the UN this morning

I don't know how many people saw him address the UN this morning (10 am EDT, EST, or whatever we are right now lol), but it just proved once again that his words and actions do not match up. He talked about how human rights needs to be a big priority for the UN and its members, but then you remember how Bush has done squat about what's happening in Darfur and how that's the biggest breach of human rights currently...

He probably needed to rephrase his words to, "human rights in any region with oil reserves should be a priority." Honestly, if it's that big of a priority then why hasn't he been putting pressure on the UN earlier to start intervening in Darfur, West Africa, and Central Africa?

Just needed to vent about that.
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush's Address to the UN this morning

I dont know why they even let him speak there when he obviously doesnt respect or pay attention to them after the Iraqi War where he ignored their opinion when they didnt agree with him

Another Game for Milos

ROGER

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
He'll surely go down in history as being the worst president ever.
he was already destined for that honour before he even started

and his father was an arse clown too. :retard:
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
country flag nermo

nermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
don't know how many people saw him address the UN this morning (10 am EDT, EST, or whatever we are right now lol), but it just proved once again that his words and actions do not match up.posted by Sol Apollo
it's the best way to rule ...the question is, do these kind of personalities really believe themselves ??

Quote:
probably needed to rephrase his words to, "human rights in any region with oil reserves should be a priority."posted by Sol Apollo
now, u know too much...
that ye may know each other
(not that ye may despise (each other). }

The most honorable call for peace all over the world...
( The Quran)
nermo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Apollo
He talked about how human rights needs to be a big priority for the UN and its members, but then you remember how Bush has done squat about what's happening in Darfur and how that's the biggest breach of human rights currently...
Of course you are going to be politically correct and blame Bush, while completely ignoring the fact that Kofi Annan has done nothing about Darfur because if he does not turn a blind eye to the genocide of black people by Muslims, he will lose support at the UN. What do you expect Bush to do, if the leaders of the UN want the genocide to quietly continue?
It would be difficult for Bush to do something about an entire General Assembly that is made up mostly of reresentatives of corrupt governments that are not at all interested in having the UN look at what goes on in their countries.
Look at the oil-for-food scandal. The UN is an ''old boys club'' for criminals (and their sons).
Old 09-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the peanut farmer has a lock on that title.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

What has Britain and the rest of Europe done about Darfur? Surely Europe is more responsible for the present map of Africa than the US.
A country that could send an armada to the Falklands not long ago should surely be able to do something about Darfur.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #8
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Buddholly, this place is a liberal la la land. Why should bush send troops in to Darfur so all these leftists can yell " NO WAR FOR OIL"?????? The UN is a worthless organization that hasn't solved one major conflict in the world.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #9
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoOlMaNsTeVeN
I dont know why they even let him speak there when he obviously doesnt respect or pay attention to them after the Iraqi War where he ignored their opinion when they didnt agree with him
He enforced their resolutions on Iraq, how could that not be respecting them? Also he is trying to save the UN by appointing someone like Bolton to give them the medicine they need to survive because otherwise we will probably end up pulling out. The House passed a bill already limiting the funds to the UN.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:02 PM   #10
country flag Dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
Of course you are going to be politically correct and blame Bush, while completely ignoring the fact that Kofi Annan has done nothing about Darfur because if he does not turn a blind eye to the genocide of black people by Muslims, he will lose support at the UN. What do you expect Bush to do, if the leaders of the UN want the genocide to quietly continue?
It would be difficult for Bush to do something about an entire General Assembly that is made up mostly of reresentatives of corrupt governments that are not at all interested in having the UN look at what goes on in their countries.
Look at the oil-for-food scandal. The UN is an ''old boys club'' for criminals (and their sons).
Why just months ago Annan was debating whether or not Darfur was really a genocide? He is liberal so the mainstream media will give him a pass.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
country flag AgassiDomination

AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute

I'll always wonder how half the countries adults voted for him TWICE!
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #12
country flag nermo

nermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond reputenermo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course you are going to be politically correct and blame Bush, while completely ignoring the fact that Kofi Annan has done nothing about Darfur because if he does not turn a blind eye to the genocide of black people by Muslims, he will lose support at the UN. posted by buddyholly
well, first..in case u 're that concerned ,i guess that u should have known and said that those black ppl.u 're talking about in Darfur are also muslims,good ones ,but very poor too. reports say that about one or more million muslims are settled in refugee camps in very poor conditions.so,in case u 're implying this is a muslim war or any kind of religious concern,..it is not..it's all about a new story of corruption and greed.ethnity ,religion or anything like that is just a cover for what's really going on....that has nothing to do with religion..or if it does, then this is just another religion ignoring war...
second...supporting the issue by Koffi anan, 'll not in any case make him lose support in the UN..cuz arab leaders are supporting the case there, and even if they don't support it enough, (cuz they 're not supporting anything enough), then it won't affect Anan, cuz arabs aren't that powerful in the UN..

Quote:
What do you expect Bush to do, if the leaders of the UN want the genocide to quietly continue?
posted by buddyholly
i don't think u really believe that Angel Bush is standing powerless infront of the case cuz he doesn't find support from the UN..when his Governoment wanted,to get to Iraq, everything was settled, good photographs of wondeful nuclear weapons stores were found , and although most of the countries in the UN refused the attack, it was and is done actually...
the truth is , sooner or later Sudan , besides other countries are going to be next on the list, and everytime, there'll be a new reason...
that ye may know each other
(not that ye may despise (each other). }

The most honorable call for peace all over the world...
( The Quran)
nermo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:09 PM   #13
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, without a doubt.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #14
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Sorry nermo, I couldn't understand your post.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:43 AM   #15
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
And the US doesn't to anything to make the cooperation in the UN any better; we're just one more country that's looking out for our own interest instead of the collective interest of all countries in the UN. Part of the reason why the reforms will never work, because no one wants to compromise their position in the UN.

But the thing that really gets me and was really more of my point, is that why are human rights suddenly such an important issue for Bush? This has been going on in Darfur for at least 2 years now, and western Africa has been torn apart by civil war for decades... so why is he just now saying this? Why aren't we rushing in to these places as quickly as into Iraq? My brother-in-law works for the Department of Defense and has been over to Iraq numerous times already. Based on what he's seen while he's been there, he's told us that the only reason why we've rushed into Iraq so quickly was because of the oil (and he's very conservative and pro-Bush mind you).

This is just my guess now, but Bush is probably focusing on human rights after what happened with Hurricane Katrina and is seeking some redemption for the slow response.