Novak News!! - Page 311 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #4651
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

You can't what?

Its funny how obviously Chris Chase loves his hate fanmail, because he's never shy of making a fool of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Tennis players have less symmetrical butts than soccer players By Chris Chase

Throughout human history, some unanswerable questions have plagued the most brilliant minds of the times. Why are we here? What is the secret of life? And the greatest of all: Do tennis players or soccer players have more symmetrical butts?

Rest easy, Plato. We finally have our answer to the latter.

Very bored researchers in Spain recently discovered that the gluteal muscles of tennis players are more asymmetric compared to soccer players and the general population. Both sets of athletes had bigger legs than the control group of non-athletes. But while soccer players' dominant and non-dominant legs were respectively 32 percent and 35 percent bigger than the norm (nearly even), tennis players' legs were larger by percentages of 24 and 36, respectively. In layman's terms, one cheek is bigger than the other.

Eight male ITF players and 15 members of a men's first-division Spanish soccer team were given MRIs that measured various aspects and ratios of their posteriors.

The purpose of the study was to study asymmetry in athletes. Since both tennis and soccer are asymmetric sports (soccer players kick with one leg and tennis players predominantly favor one on groundstrokes and serves), researchers used athletes from those sports to investigate their hypothesis that hypertrophy of the legs is found amongst professionals.

Further study could give coaches insight into training methods that would prevent injuries and corrective shorts that wouldn't make Novak Djokovic look all lopsided-like from the back.

Related: Novak Djokovic

It's kind of a known fact that this Chris guy has a crush on Nole, but I can't.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #4652
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

someone on GM said it was confirmed that Dr Igor left Djoko because his wife was not invited to the player's box at Wimbledon final - er what? Is this true?
Nole / Tsonga / The Fog / Haas / Brown / Gojowczyk / Colonel / Mahut / Sijsling / Dolgo / Funky Flo / Cuevas / Fed / Stan / Baker / Alund / Kei / Tursunov / Copil / Brands / Benneteau / Steps / Stakh / PHM
Rafter / Edberg / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #4653
country flag Okonsky
@Ryan's Hat

Okonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazif View Post
someone on GM said it was confirmed that Dr Igor left Djoko because his wife was not invited to the player's box at Wimbledon final - er what? Is this true?
Rumors in Serbia say yes. Not for Novak-Cetojevic's wife situation & other BSs. He should follow Novak's health and, at the same time, Igor will work with Ana. Kind of 'We don't need you any more on every match'.

Just an unconfirmed rumors....

Edit: On the other hand Dr. Cetojevic has his office in Cyprus...he has been practiced his unique medicine for so many years there.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #4654
country flag Okonsky
@Ryan's Hat

Okonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond repute

Taken from smedia.rs -> dr Igor Cetojevic official site:

...u njegovoj biografiji piše da je "radio sa Novakom Đokovićem u periodu 2010-2011. godine"

In his bio -> dr Cetojevic workED with Novak 2010-2011, past tense.
----------------------------------------------------
Btw, he does not have an official site.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #4655
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this kind of makes sense really. He's worked with Novak for a year, given him all his info and gotten him adjusted to whatever diets and other regimes he advised. From reading interviews online, Cetojevic sounds very ambitious, has a lot of different projects going. If Novak is adjusted(which he should be after a year) Dr. Igor doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be happy to "babysit" him and make sure he eats his greens etc. It's not like a coach/fitness trainer/physio who is needed all the time, there is probably nothing more to do with Novak, except for Novak to follow what he said, so it was probably time to move on to his other projects. I don't think there was a bad break up, that wife story sounds like nonsense. He looked pretty excited to me during the match, in the group dance at the end, putting the "8" on Miljan's shirt Didn't look to me like someone who was peeved his wife was snubbed. Just more media fodder I'm sure.

About the Ana thing though, I don't think that's true, for the moment at least. I'm following a Serb on Twiitter who's a big Ana fan and they tweeted Matt Cronin( the journo at nearly all the pressers, especially WTA) asking him to ask her if, the story of her working with the doctor was true. Cronin said he asked her and she said "no"

Anyway, Novak is keeping to his diet you will be glad to hear The @Sabs215, I was mentioned the other day, met him after his No.1 ceremony and he gave her and her friends the chocolates he was given with the trophy. Said he couldn't eat them because they weren't gluten-free Also told them he doesn't eat sugar..

Last edited by Amber Spyglass : 08-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #4656
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for somebody in the media to get cheeky and ask one of the players about that "tennis players have uneven ass" article.

In the meantime, more Nole love in the media.

"ah, not again."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg intennsaug11.jpg (288.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg inten1.jpg (327.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg inten2.jpg (321.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg tenlifecvraug11.jpg (316.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg tenlife1.jpg (301.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg tenlife2.jpg (319.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg tenlife3.jpg (324.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg tenlife4.jpg (313.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg tenlife5.jpg (328.5 KB, 16 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #4657
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is out....
That kid must be in mental hospital right now.
Well Kevin can be tricky.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #4658
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
Murray is out....
That kid must be in mental hospital right now.
Well Kevin can be tricky.

Now Nadal has it really easy...

Poor andy though, i really wish he gets back on track and wins a slam these days, he's my favorite behind Nole.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #4659
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post

Now Nadal has it really easy...

Poor andy though, i really wish he gets back on track and wins a slam these days, he's my favorite behind Nole.
I really like the guy...and I don't get it what is wrong. He was in Miami for two weeks training on the heat..I see that he is trying a new diet...but in this match there was no will at all. Whit all the shit that is going on in London on the streets, maybe we shouldn't be so surprised. Who knows.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #4660
country flag Okonsky
@Ryan's Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post

In the meantime, more Nole love in the media.
Thanks for the attachments. Love the second one.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #4661
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Novak & Jelena on ATP World Tour Uncovered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfGsvcbSJPg

TT Singles: 229 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 95 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #4662
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Novak-Davydenko about to start!

Ajde Nole!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #4663
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Montreal, 10th August 2011, R2: Djokovic def. Davydenko 7-5, 6-1

Q. What was going through your mind in that first set when you found yourself down the two early breaks of serve? How tough is the first match back after a long layoff?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It is different, different feeling, definitely not playing four weeks any official match, and changing the surface obviously. I've played last two tournaments on clay courts, and then grass courts. Coming on hard courts with no matches, coming into this tournament, yeah, was a challenge definitely.
I was playing an unpredictable player against who I never know what's coming up next. In the first opening games, I needed some rhythm, and he didn't give me any. He was hitting the ball as hard as he could. He was the better player.
But I hang in there and I knew that at some point he's going to miss some shots and I will get a chance to get back into the match, which actually happened on 4 1.

Q. You're talking about missing shots. The forehand volley he missed at 5 4, deuce, shifted the match completely. Do you remember that? Do you think that was a big momentum shift?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, as I said, you know, he's a really strange player who I think the tougher the ball is, it's easier for him to play, which is a bit strange because you don't get that from other opponents. So he was missing some easy shots when he shouldn't.
Well, I got back into the match. When I needed to use my chance, I did. Then, you know, second set was much more comfortable for me.

Q. Is it a different feeling for you walking on the court being No. 1? Anything different?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, there's not much difference. The difference is that I haven't played any match in four weeks.
Of course, it feels great. I mean, the stadium was packed. It was a fantastic feeling playing in front of the crowd that really likes tennis and likes following all the players.
You know, this tournament has a history of a lot of successful tournaments where there's a lot of spectators coming to the matches in the opening rounds. So they show their appreciation for the sport, which is great for us to perform in front of such a great crowd, so...

Q. How happy are you to be back to business after basically holidays?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I'm happy to be back competing. It's been four weeks. Obviously the holidays came at the right moment. I was enjoying those holidays, for sure. But I needed to come back and I needed to work hard and prepare well for the season.
I think physically I'm quite fit. I'm hitting the ball well. Of course, I need maybe another match or two to really get into the right form.
It was really important for me to overcome this challenge today, an opponent as tricky as Davydenko. I'm playing some doubles, as well. So this will help me to get the right rhythm for the next challenges in singles.

Q. With all the ceremony that went on celebrating your arrival on the tour with Mr. Lapierre, how do you actually feel here, having been on court for a ceremony, now back for business only?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, it's something that I did not experience before, so I am very honored and really of course flattered and pleased to have these ceremonies organized in my favor, of course. Being No. 1 is a big responsibility, not just on the court but off the court as well. Just trying to handle it in the best possible way, but on the other side trying to keep my life very simple, the way it was before.
I haven't changed my approach to my profession, to the sport, to my practices, to my matches. This is the way it is supposed to stay. Luckily I have a team of people that is keeping me on the ground and we are really working hard.
I am motivated to make more success and to win more tournaments regardless of my ranking.

Q. Rafael Nadal just opened a Twitter account a few days ago. I want to know how do you see Twitter as a way to express yourself or be linked with your fans?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you said it. I wasn't really involved enough and I didn't have a great knowledge about social networks up to, let's say, one year ago. Things change, I guess. You know, the world is changing. I think it's all about technology these days. Everything goes through Internet, everything goes through social networks, all the communications.
I think on a positive side it really helps for us tennis players to communicate with our fans, to keep them updated with what we do, pictures, interesting stuff. I think they're happy.
For us, it's really important to have loyal fans, to have people who are supporting us, who are coming to the tournaments. It makes our game easier on the court. Of course, it's really nice to see that somebody appreciates you as a player and as a person as well.

Q. Psychologically do you anticipate there will be anything more difficult or harder about maintaining the No. 1 spot than there was getting there?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, that's something that I will see. It still has been only four weeks since I've become No. 1. This is my first official tournament.
I will repeat again: my approach hasn't changed. I'm really trying to do everything that I have done, even before I become No. 1. Of course, the world is looking at me a bit differently, which I think is obvious to expect.
But, as I said, you carry a lot of responsibility when you are playing and when you are off the court. You represent not just yourself but the game of tennis in general. You need to handle yourself well. It carries a little bit more weight on your shoulders.
But, look, you know, it's a challenge, it's something I've always dreamed of. I don't want to think about negatives and worry about things that might happen because I have become No. 1: Will I keep it long enough? Will it come to my head? Will I struggle with emotions?
Look, I've become No. 1 of the world. I achieved my dreams. This is all that is going on in my head, all I'm thinking of, just enjoying the moment.

Q. One word on your next possible opponent.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Now is the rain, so I'm waiting for them to finish.
Del Potro, Cilic, both of them tall players, big serves. They're both playing great, I think the best tennis on hard courts. The conditions here are a bit faster than maybe some other tournaments. I think it goes in the favor of those two players.
But I've played them before earlier. You know, it's going to be a tough one definitely.

THE MODERATOR: Questions from Toronto.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Are you kidding me? This is incredible. Hello, Toronto (laughter).

Q. How do you feel today that you are pronounced as the best player in the world?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: How do I feel?

Q. Yes.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I feel great. You know, as I said before, I achieved the dreams of my childhood. I had a bit of time to enjoy the success that I had, but now it's back to reality, back to the tennis court, back to business.
You know, regardless of my rankings, I need to go out on the court and play each match to win. Right now I need to focus on that.

Q. You were down 1 4 and he had a serve. What did you think at that moment? You were not warmed up or what happened?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Did I practice enough (laughter)? I'm kidding.
Look, you know, he has played a better first five games. He didn't give me a lot of rhythm in the start of the match. I didn't play a match for four weeks. It took me some time to, you know, get used to the conditions, get into the match.
I needed to hang in there. I needed to wait for the chances. I did. I turned the match around on 4 1 when I broke him the first time. Then I felt much more comfortable.
How is life in Toronto?

Q. Windy.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Is it raining?

Q. They quit the match because lights fell down on the court so they suspended the play.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, we have suspended play as well.
This is cool (laughter).

Q. Novak, are you prepared to actually win again in Montréal because your first win was Montréal?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I will see. You know, I will see how far I can go. I'm taking it step by step. I'm really trying to perform my best tennis every time I step on the court.
I am aware that my form isn't 100% yet. But it's kind of normal to expect that the first couple of matches after a long break, you're still trying to find the rhythm on the court.
You know, I think maybe if I manage to play well next match, I will slowly get into the right direction.

Last edited by shuhrat : 08-12-2011 at 01:25 AM.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #4664
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Great for the organiser to arrange journalist following WTA in Toronto to join in the conference.

Thanks for the post match interview

Quote:
They quit the match because lights fell down on the court so they suspended the play
Well, lights fell down in the household too but no match suspension
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #4665
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Great for the organiser to arrange journalist following WTA in Toronto to join in the conference.

Thanks for the post match interview

Well, lights fell down in the household too but no match suspension

It happened on the court where Ana was playing. It took more than an hour to clean up the pieces of broken glass and the scoreboard said, "Match suspended due to rain".
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread