Novak News!! - Page 259 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #3871
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Tuning Up for the Tune-Ups
By Steve Tignor

This has been the mellow Monte Carlo. It used to be that the heart of the season began to beat right around now, but this time the tournament almost feels like a one-off, a clay tune-up for the more significant clay tune-ups to come, with the French Open way out there on the horizon.

You can chalk it up to a phenomenon previously unknown in tennis, something called the Novak Djokovic Effect. It’s akin to the John McEnroe Effect, and in more recent years to the Roger Federer/Rafael Nadal Effect: At certain points in time, the absence of any of these players from a tournament would have robbed it of a good deal of its urgency right from the start. Without them, an event didn’t quite matter, or matter nearly as much as it did with them. It’s a measure of how far Djokovic in 2011 has come that he has reached that status. Too bad, too: He was forced to choose between his two home tournaments, one in Monaco and the other in Belgrade. It’s been a little weird to hear about him practicing on the courts at the MCCC this week, but skipping this one and, hopefully, living long enough to fight in Paris was the right decision.

Along with the Djokovic effect, we’ve also suffered from the Incredible Shrinking Masters, that annual moment when we go from the Slam-like, dual-gender, 96-draw events in Indian Wells and Key Biscayne to a relatively sleepy 56 men at a country club. It’s about as close to the leisurely days of the game’s amateur era as we get today. But there are upsides to everything, right? The fewer players, the more individual attention we can give to the ones whom we do get to see. Which leads to thoughts, and questions, and the hazards of trying to answer them.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #3872
country flag Alaify

Alaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond reputeAlaify has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Tuning Up for the Tune-Ups
By Steve Tignor

You can chalk it up to a phenomenon previously unknown in tennis, something called the Novak Djokovic Effect.
Interesting. I can't wait to see him play on clay.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #3873
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Images
File Type: jpg novakmarmag.jpg (320.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg novakmag2.jpg (333.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg novakmag3.jpg (338.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg itf1.jpg (297.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg itf2.jpg (317.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg novak_june11.jpg (300.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg novakth.jpg (158.7 KB, 415 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 05-10-2011 at 08:00 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #3874
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Thx tangy!! I don't think this magazine is sold here though...

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #3875
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this Monte Carlo thing is a bit weird. Apart from money, glam and glitz (and many of top players living here), atp put a Masters just a fortnight after the big focusing on hardcourt.

A bit as if you asked 100 m racers to compete in a 800 m three days after the World Championships with a kind of All rounds Olympics Medal as a goal.

Only the spaniards top-spinners are ready in MC, so I can understand Nole sparing strengths to be fit later on.

The feeling something is missing in MC is (for us) because of Nole out but also because most of the players are not here with top clay skills.

N°1E

Please buy Nadal some hair gel so that he can stop buttpicking to comb his hair.

Last edited by Crvena Zvezda : 04-22-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Crvena Zvezda is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #3876
country flag jeremda01

jeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.serbiaopen.rs/news_more.p...id=677&jezik=2

Quote:
Saturday at Serbia Open: Humanitarian football game, Kids Day and fashion show
21.04.2011. | ATP Serbia Open

CHARITY FOOTBALL MATCH

A charity football game, featuring tennis stars in Serbia Open team and celebrities in the Stars team, will take place on Saturday, April 23, at 2pm, as one of many activities at the Serbia Open 2011 tennis tournament.

It will be a match in which a win won’t have significance, but a great desire and big heart of participants to help those in need.

Novak Djokovic, Viktor Troicki, Janko Tipsarevic and Nenad Zimonjic with the Serbia Open team and Savo Milosevic, Vlade Divac, Dragan Jovanovic, Bata Mirkovic, Ivan Tomic, Nenad Jestrovic, with the team of Stars will try to gather all people of good will and help the National association of parents of children with cancer (NURDOR) in order to raise funds for a project intended to support families of children suffering from cancer.

Fun for kids: Kids Day

Union of Tennis Professionals of Serbia will organise programme for the youngest – Kids Day, on April 23, 2011, starting at 3pm.

Tennis 10s, a part of the ITF's 'Tennis Play and Stay' campaign, will be presented during the Kids Day. The programme is designed to increase participation among the 10-and-under age group, to make tennis easier and more fun for children, and to ensure that competition at this age is appropriate.

Children will have opportunity to play real tennis and have fun.

Andrijana Tasic and Nemanja Oliveric, Bosko Buha theatre actors, will be hosts!

FASHION SHOW

The latest Distante collection will be presented at the fashion show starting at 9pm.
jeremda01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #3877
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

[1] DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB v. BYE
QUALIFIER v. RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP
KAMKE, Tobias GER v. KAVCIC, Blaz SLO
MELLO, Ricardo BRA v. ISNER, John USA [5]

[3] GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP v. BYE
KUKUSHKIN, Mikhail KAZ v. DEVVARMAN, Somdev IND
ZVEREV, Mischa GER v. SELA, Dudi ISR
NISHIKORI, Kei JPN v. TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB [7]

[8] MONACO, Juan ARG v. LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
[WC] GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI v. QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v. BERRER, Michael GER
BYE v. 24 MONTANES, Albert ESP [4]

[6/WC] GULBIS, Ernests LAT v. MARCHENKO, Illya UKR
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v. [WC] LAJOVIC, Dusan SRB
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP v. QUALIFIER
BYE v. TROICKI, Viktor [2]

SO draw is out!
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #3878
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Not a very strong field, but all the better for Nole to keep that winning streak. It will be good practice and he will keep rested.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #3879
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

...and finally Troicki on the other side of the draw

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #3880
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post

Thank God. I really mean it.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #3881
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Thank God. I really mean it.
Amen!
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #3882
country flag ZaZoo)

ZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, Troicki is not getting anywhere, they'll meet in the finals..
ZaZoo) is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #3883
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZoo) View Post
Don't worry, Troicki is not getting anywhere, they'll meet in the finals..
That would be rather hilarious. The darkest side of me wants to see it happen.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #3884
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not underestimating anyone. Let's hope that Nole's first clay tournament will be successful!

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #3885
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

He should breeze through this one

Good Luck
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread