Novak News!! - Page 223 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #3331
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pica_pica View Post
Robert De Niro once cheered for Novak in New York? When, which year?
Nole's dad looks like robert deniro. maybe its the salt 'n pepper hair

great interview. thanks for the link
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #3332
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pica_pica View Post
Robert De Niro once cheered for Novak in New York? When, which year?
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #3333
country flag mlle mila

mlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond repute

Q. You were playing very well until 4-All or so. What happened to your eye? Did it ever happen before, something like that? Did you lose the contact lenses in your eye or you couldn't find it or what?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I really feel sick talking about it, to be honest, because it's just incredible that this happened to me. I mean, it never happened to me in the life.
You know, I felt great these days. I'm just really annoyed by the fact that something like this can really affect the match. It did because my right eye got irritated, and from the 5-All I could not play. I could not see a ball, especially the return. It was just terrible.
I don't want to find any excuses for my loss, but the fact of the matter is that I just could not play. I could not play. Yeah, these things happen. It's out of my control. Unfortunately, it happened in the very important match, in a very important moment. You know, I cannot do anything about it now.
I will try to see a doctor and see if there is something more serious going on and in two days hopefully I can be ready.

Q. Can you tell us if you lost it inside the eye?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, I mean, I don't even know. Doctor told me that he didn't see anything in my eye. You know, later on I had two lenses, then later on I had three lenses. Keep on going around and around. Yeah, it was just so bad.

Q. In any case, you still have that match, you can still qualify.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I know I'm in the tournament. It's not I'm angry about the match loss. I think everything is lost, whatever. It's far away from that. I know I'm still in the tournament. I have big chances to qualify. It's just that these things make me very angry, you know.
The fact was and the truth was that I was feeling great on the court. I had time to prepare for this tournament mentally, physically. I put all my effort into it, desire to win. Then you get on the court and this thing happen to your eye, the most important thing for your body, coordination, sight, everything you can think of. And I needed some time to make it right, but I didn't have time. Everybody was hurrying me up. Three minutes, 30 seconds, come to the court, play your match, whatever. You know, I just don't have time for that.
So, yeah.

Q. Looking ahead to your match with Roddick, you must be still quite wary of what he poses even though he lost two matches.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, he's a huge server. Is always tough to play him. He played great against Nadal. Today I didn't see how he played.
You know, it's still open. The group is still open. I guess in two days, both matches will decide who's going to go through.

Q. Do you feel like you should have been given more time, given the unusual circumstances?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's not a question for me. I don't know. I'm just saying that I needed more time, so...
If I was supposed to get more time or not, that's a question for the officials. But, you know, I don't know. You have to ask them if that was a case where they have to find an exception. But obviously they didn't realize, you know, the situation, so it's okay.

Q. Did the bright lights and the flashing from the cameras make the situation worse?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I mean, it made it definitely worse. You know, it's just playing with one eye is not enough, especially if you have Nadal across the net. So basically I was trying to hit the ball as hard as I can. If it goes in, it goes in.
I realized that I could not make it right and I could not give my hundred percent on the court, so it was just a routine win for him in the second set.

Q. You've had a problem with allergies in the past. Might this be connected with that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, it's not. It's nothing connected to this. This is just the first time in my life that this happen. Never. I mean, it's one in a million chance that this happens really. Okay, I had in the past sometimes I have a situation where I have little problems with the lens and the eye, but I fix it in 10 seconds. I move the lens and I know that everything is right.
But this was unbelievable. It didn't go away. I still don't see well in the right eye.

Q. Can you tell us if you were happy the way you were playing until 4-All? You were playing probably better than him until that moment. Also, when did you start to put the contact lenses, when you were three years old or 18 or what?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: When I was I think 17 or 18 I started putting the lenses. But let's not get into that too much because it really doesn't matter. There is no history of this problem with me. There is just this situation that happened unfortunately in a very bad moment. Yeah, it was just very unusual because I didn't do anything wrong. Yeah, I don't know.

omg He must be Hypochondriac , always overreacting , you know i love him but sometimes i just want to punch him in the face why all this drama you have lens problem in a match , you lose , just move on and focus on the other match .
mlle mila is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #3334
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully he didn't damage the cornea
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #3335
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlle mila View Post
Q. You were playing very well until 4-All or so. What happened to your eye? Did it ever happen before, something like that? Did you lose the contact lenses in your eye or you couldn't find it or what?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I really feel sick talking about it, to be honest, because it's just incredible that this happened to me. I mean, it never happened to me in the life.
You know, I felt great these days. I'm just really annoyed by the fact that something like this can really affect the match. It did because my right eye got irritated, and from the 5-All I could not play. I could not see a ball, especially the return. It was just terrible.
I don't want to find any excuses for my loss, but the fact of the matter is that I just could not play. I could not play. Yeah, these things happen. It's out of my control. Unfortunately, it happened in the very important match, in a very important moment. You know, I cannot do anything about it now.
I will try to see a doctor and see if there is something more serious going on and in two days hopefully I can be ready.

Q. Can you tell us if you lost it inside the eye?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, I mean, I don't even know. Doctor told me that he didn't see anything in my eye. You know, later on I had two lenses, then later on I had three lenses. Keep on going around and around. Yeah, it was just so bad.

Q. In any case, you still have that match, you can still qualify.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I know I'm in the tournament. It's not I'm angry about the match loss. I think everything is lost, whatever. It's far away from that. I know I'm still in the tournament. I have big chances to qualify. It's just that these things make me very angry, you know.
The fact was and the truth was that I was feeling great on the court. I had time to prepare for this tournament mentally, physically. I put all my effort into it, desire to win. Then you get on the court and this thing happen to your eye, the most important thing for your body, coordination, sight, everything you can think of. And I needed some time to make it right, but I didn't have time. Everybody was hurrying me up. Three minutes, 30 seconds, come to the court, play your match, whatever. You know, I just don't have time for that.
So, yeah.

Q. Looking ahead to your match with Roddick, you must be still quite wary of what he poses even though he lost two matches.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, he's a huge server. Is always tough to play him. He played great against Nadal. Today I didn't see how he played.
You know, it's still open. The group is still open. I guess in two days, both matches will decide who's going to go through.

Q. Do you feel like you should have been given more time, given the unusual circumstances?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's not a question for me. I don't know. I'm just saying that I needed more time, so...
If I was supposed to get more time or not, that's a question for the officials. But, you know, I don't know. You have to ask them if that was a case where they have to find an exception. But obviously they didn't realize, you know, the situation, so it's okay.

Q. Did the bright lights and the flashing from the cameras make the situation worse?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I mean, it made it definitely worse. You know, it's just playing with one eye is not enough, especially if you have Nadal across the net. So basically I was trying to hit the ball as hard as I can. If it goes in, it goes in.
I realized that I could not make it right and I could not give my hundred percent on the court, so it was just a routine win for him in the second set.

Q. You've had a problem with allergies in the past. Might this be connected with that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, it's not. It's nothing connected to this. This is just the first time in my life that this happen. Never. I mean, it's one in a million chance that this happens really. Okay, I had in the past sometimes I have a situation where I have little problems with the lens and the eye, but I fix it in 10 seconds. I move the lens and I know that everything is right.
But this was unbelievable. It didn't go away. I still don't see well in the right eye.

Q. Can you tell us if you were happy the way you were playing until 4-All? You were playing probably better than him until that moment. Also, when did you start to put the contact lenses, when you were three years old or 18 or what?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: When I was I think 17 or 18 I started putting the lenses. But let's not get into that too much because it really doesn't matter. There is no history of this problem with me. There is just this situation that happened unfortunately in a very bad moment. Yeah, it was just very unusual because I didn't do anything wrong. Yeah, I don't know.

omg He must be Hypochondriac , always overreacting , you know i love him but sometimes i just want to punch him in the face why all this drama you have lens problem in a match , you lose , just move on and focus on the other match .
Well I can understand all too well his anger. I'd be like him too if that happened to me. That was a very important match, not so much for the classification, but for the fact that he could beat Rafa there and present himself like a thread to the Big 2 again. I'm sure he's angry that his 2h2 against Rafa is growing negative. Well for once I'm happy that he takes it with anger and doesn't downplay the gravitiy of it. Would you rather he said "I lost, it's ok, it doesn't matter much"?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #3336
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Read the whole article on Thanksgiving Day, it's very funny... I love C Note's humor.
http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deu...me-wobble.html

Things I Am Thankful For:

Serbian tennis players: Say what you want about them. At their worst they're whiny, seemingly entitled ingrates who check out the minute things get difficult and blame everything (and everyone) except themselves for their putrid suckage. At their best they are THE quintessential entertainers who command your attention, playing scintillating tennis with a passion unmatched by many. But no matter how you feel about them you have to admit: There's always drama and there's always a reason to tune in. Also, most of them are pretty. Most of them.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 11-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #3337

Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Vajda has explained to Serbian media what happened.Basically before the match Nole put two lenses(by accident,they're very thin so you wouldn't notice) in the right eye and halfway through one separated from the other and began scratching his eye.He of course didn't know the source of irritation and went to the bathroom to change lens but he just took out one(which was all he thought he had on)and put on another so again he had two on(which counteracts the sight given by the first) and it was all just a disaster So basically that's why the changing of lens didn't help like you'd presume it would.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #3338
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Vajda has explained to Serbian media what happened.Basically before the match Nole put two lenses(by accident,they're very thin so you wouldn't notice) in the right eye and halfway through one separated from the other and began scratching his eye.He of course didn't know the source of irritation and went to the bathroom to change lens but he just took out one(which was all he thought he had on)and put on another so again he had two on(which counteracts the sight given by the first) and it was all just a disaster So basically that's why the changing of lens didn't help like you'd presume it would.
Sorry for Nole, but that's just

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 11-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #3339
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Flipping heck hey
Noleta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #3340
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh? My contact lenses are all individually placed in separate cases........ And when you put lenese on everyday, it's hard to imagine you put lenses in the same eye twice
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #3341
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Huh? My contact lenses are all individually placed in separate cases........ And when you put lenese on everyday, it's hard to imagine you put lenses in the same eye twice
That's what playing Rafa does to you
Noleta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #3342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I think it's unlikely you would put one in the same eye twice like you say but maybe somehow he ended up with two on his finger on top of each other and then put that in once.As for the individual casing I'm not really sure,maybe by some freak there was an error in the packaging by the comapany and two came in one case Not really sure but I presume he put on two by accident if that's what they're saying
Old 11-27-2010, 05:21 AM   #3343
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that is just so but it could happen. one lens can drive you insane sometimes, two is just Glasses are the best
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #3344
country flag Tommy_likes_me

Tommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even know Nole needs glasses I will never even try contact lenses. They scare me.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #3345
country flag mlle mila

mlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond reputemlle mila has a reputation beyond repute

from peter bodo blog

by Hannah Wilks, TW Contributing Writer

On the protracted journey to North Greenwich this morning (London transport is laboring under major engineering works and facing a tube strike), almost every conversation I overhear is a discussion of Federer and Nadal. It makes me so pleased that on a weekend when the first Ashes test is underway, England have taken on South Africa at Twickenham, and the usual round of high-profile Premiership football clashes are on—Spurs v Liverpool being today's hot ticket—tennis can still fill the O2 arena.

It also makes me feel slightly ashamed of myself for not being more excited. As far as I'm concerned, the greatest rivalry in sport—as I understand we're now obligated to call it—reached its zenith at Wimbledon 2008 when Rafa carved out the heart of Roger's empire and more or less devoured it, and since then it's basically been one-way traffic. Rafa is the best player in the world right now, Roger has had one of the greatest careers; these things seem obvious to me. They don't even play each other that much—twice in 2009, and this their second meeting in 2010—meaning that their rivalry is mainly played out in records and statistics, and on their behalf in forums and blogs across the internet by their fans .
(................................................. .................................................. .........) all the talks about the match
But it has been a week of great entertainment, of tennis that's encompassed the entire range from execrable to exceptional. It's given the ATP a chance to showcase their product, and London an opportunity to demonstrate another facet of its nature as a tennis city. On a personal level, it's been a week of staying up until 3 a.m., trying to find the right words for the best players in the world; a week when taking longhand notes during Nadal matches left my fingers blistered, and Djokovic's smile distracted me enough that I left my mobile phone in his press conference. (He didn't call.)

It may not quite be the 'fifth Slam' just yet—but it's been a bloody good week all the same.
mlle mila is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread