Novak News!! - Page 210 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 AM   #3136
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Cincinnati Masters: Novak Djokovic Second-Round Press Conference

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 04:26 PM PDT

Q. Your first serve percentage kind of dipped from the first to second set. Was that maybe his level increasing a little bit or did you have a slight drop off there?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I did have a decrease of the level in the second set. It was a very ugly set with a lot of unforced errors on both sides, a lot of double faults.
I guess it turned around in this second game when I lost my serve. Just I felt uncomfortable after that. I was struggling to hit the ball really well. You know, in the important moments when I need to do use break balls, I did. I think it was four out of four used break balls.
You know, it’s good to go through in straight sets.

Q. Is it possible to win one of these hardcourt tournaments without a really big serve?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don’t think so. Only if you’re Nadal. If you are very fit. I mean, you need to have a decent serve, which is gonna give you here and there some free points, and especially on a court like this which is quite faster than the one we played on in the last week.

Q. Is your serve as hard as it used to be before you made whatever changes you made?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, it’s hard to say. It really kind of gets up and down. So it’s not what I want, but I’m slowly getting on the old serve that I had. I had a good motion, and when I won Grand Slam I was serving well really well, serving around 200 kilometers per hour on average, which was great, and a lot of precision.
These days I’m struggling a little bit, but, you know, it’s a mental thing. So it’s gonna get to me sooner or later.

Q. You’re return game looked really strong today. Was that a particular point of emphasis for you coming into the match, where you knew you had to return well?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, he’s a big server, and he relies on that element in his game. So return was really crucial today.

Q. I asked you yesterday a couple times about respiratory problems. The McEnroes were just on a telecast talking about who they like in the US Open. One of them mentioned you, but then said, Of course, he has that respiratory issue. So you don’t have a respiratory problem?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: We talked about it yesterday. I mean, I’ve told that you I do react a little bit different than other players. I do have some respiratory problems depending on conditions I play in.
But, you know, you got to try to overcome that. I’m not only player who has issues out there.

Q. But it’s just connected to heat is what I’m trying to get at, it’s not a regular walking around thing?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I guess so, and allergies.

Q. How were the conditions out there today? Do you think that may have contributed to the second set being so much tighter?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Might be, but conditions were okay. It was not too hot.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #3137
country flag Dawneve

Dawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond reputeDawneve has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if this isn't exactly news, but I was reading some old Novak's interviews and it surprised me a lot to see that in what I imagine must be one of his first pressers, back in 2005, the very first question was about his respiratory problems and trouble at dealing with hot weather. And this goes on up to now! I mean, he was only 18 back then, and it shocked me to think how long (probably even from before this) he has been struggling with these quite serious physical problems. He sometimes comes across as frail and weak in the mind of some commentators and people, having allways some sort of issue, but I feel it's quite the opposite, he is actually pretty damn strong

US OPEN

September 4, 2005

Novak Djokovic

NEW YORK CITY

THE MODERATOR: Questions.

Q. Can you tell me about your breathing problem and if there's an update since your first match?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I was telling in the last two, three conferences a lot about my breathing. I said it already five times. I said it five times. I don't know what is the main problem. Today I didn't have problem with it. It was just exhausting match, you know. I would like to congratulate to my opponent. I just didn't play my best today. I was trying, I was fighting, and that's why I played five sets. I think I had chance in the fourth set. But I think I lost a bit energy from last couple of days. Yeah, about the breathing, I didn't have problems today because the weather was much better for me to play. The first day was worst, first round.

Q. Hotter?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah. Humid.

Q. You won a challenger on clay earlier. Do you prefer clay over hard court?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I like all kinds of surfaces. Mostly in the last two years, I was making best results on clay. Now I started to make good results on grass and hard court also. So, yeah, since I have this problem with breathing little bit on the clay, it's kind of difficult for me when I'm playing a long matches. But I hope that I will take care of this problem, that I will solve this problem next period, next couple of months. I think when I'm finished with this problem, I can play much, much better.

Q. With your ranking, is it tour events from now till the end of the year or combination?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, no, I will focus now on bigger tournaments, tour events, Grand Slams, all these kind of tournaments. I think I'll keep the challengers. Maybe I'm going to play. I'm not sure. But my plan till end of the year is just to play tour events in Europe, five, six, seven tournaments, and to finish with the Paris Bercy. It's going to be my last tournament. After that, I'm planning to have a long preparation for next season.

Q. Can you tell me your training coming up out of the Juniors. Was it in Serbia? Did you go to another country?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I did. When I was 12, I went to Germany and I was practicing there for a couple of years. Then I was working in Niki Pilic's academy in Munich for four years. Then I went to Germany, in Frankfurt, for a year. After that, I had my personal coach. I was working with him almost a year. So our base was in Belgrade. But now since I started with a new coach, all new team, I'm practicing in Monte-Carlo since two months.

Q. And your coach's name?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Ricardo Piatti.

Q. Why the change?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Because, yeah, just because I think if I want to be a top player, if I want to make big results, I need some more experienced coach and I need some coach who will motivate me and give me the right advices to get to the top of the tennis.

End of FastScripts….

Wish him good luck in today's match against Roddick, afraid it's gonna be a tough one Really hope he can pull it off! Ajde!!
Dawneve is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #3138
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Dawneve, thanks very much for the article! Are you new here? Seems that we've got a very good new member!
While this article further exemplifies how Nole suffers from breathing problems since he was in juniors, my focus is on the tone of his answers. He was just 18 and was showing so much maturity

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #3139
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting remarks. I don't follow blogs...or tennis news that often, and I really don't know who is this person...but some remarks are quite interesting. First about asthma, second...Novak was invited to dinner by Fed's parents in Basel??? Sounds weird? Or maybe not? Aren't Fed's parents divorced or something like that?? Also, I didn't know that Amercian comms are bashing him most of the time? People are still talking about Retirement Slam?

http://tennisplanet.wordpress.com/20...-diane-thanks/

Quote:

DIANE

Novak has asthma and it was confirmed last week by Chris Fowler and Doug Adler, and a few weeks before by Boris Becker who said, Novak is an asthmatic. So I give him tremendous credit for achieving what he has already. He’s made it clear in several interviews that his health always comes first, then tennis, then success.

Monfils and DelPotro have lots more retirements but no one comments on that.

Novak gets on with Nadal the most, since they both have the same management. It was Novak who sat with Uncle Toni and Nadal the night he lost RG to Soderling. He is friendly with Murray and Fed has buried the hatchet with Novak too. Last year when Novak was in Basel at Fed’s tourney, Fed’s parents invited Novak’s parents to their house. It’s all over with that chapter. Let’s move on, they have. Recently Fed has been referring to Novak as Nole or Novak. He still calls Andy Murray, Murray. So there is still some tension between them. I know Novak is extremely popular on the Asian swing and on mainland Europe where he speaks many languages to the crowds after wins.

I also heard a few years ago that Brad Gilbert was eager to coach Novak but I guess Novak probably didn’t want it, hence the negativity by Brad.

Novak #2, was relegated to the grandstand in Cincy while #4 Murray got center court. Novak put up a good fight with Nalbandian on grandstand and the next day gave a lackluster performance to show his displeasure with the organizers. He had been disrespected. Even Roddick said afterwards he didn’t think Novak played his best tennis and missed a lot of balls. I dont’ think he cares about US tournaments anymore. He won Miami and IW and got to Cincy finals twice and US Open final once, so screw them.

The only fair commentator is John McEnroe.He usually defends Novak and said, regarding MTO’s, they are legal and if no one likes it, change the rules. P Mac has a problem with Novak since his crack davis cup team lost to Novak and Co. this year. They will never give Novak a break and he knows it.
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #3140
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I want go that far. I mean if he was relegated to grandstand...so what? It happens. I wouldn't like the idea that Novak was pissed because of that...it's just too much.
I think that only American that I like to listen is Mac. I'm still remembering Tipsarevic-Nadal match in US open...where they were talking about Tipsy's tattoos...and the guy next to Johny Mac said something like this...
...The back tattoos are from German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer...and he and Johny Mac started laughing...Mac said - And what does it says? And the other guy said...Well sorry guys, I wasn't in the school that day, I have never heard for Arthur Schopenhauer.))
Can u believe this??) I guess what is clever mans shame it's stupid mans fame. Since than I gave up.

Some conclusions in that text above...are way out of line, I mean the conclusion that Feds call Novak - Novak or Nole, and Murray - Murray, not Andy or whatever, and that is the sign that there is some tension between them is ridiculous.
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #3141
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever wrote that article is just a fan like the rest of us and they are not some "inside source" or something.She is just giving her opinion and speculating from clips of news she came across on the internet or wherever.I'm pretty certain she can't see inside Novak's head to know he threw the match against Roddick because the tournament organisers supposedly "disrespected" him That is only her opinion and her flimsy attempt to explain Nole's sh*t performance.And if we're going to use her logic,then why didn't he throw the match against Nalbandian when he was actually on Grandstand?
I remember Nole had to play his 2nd rnd FO match against Nishikori on Cout 1 and in the third round he played on Chatrier.In the presser after 3rd round some stupid journalist asked him if the reason he was grunting so loud on court was because he wanted to show his displeasure with organisers and to show that he deserved to always be on the show courts.Novak gave a sarcastic "Wow" and seemed genuinely insulted by the question but made it perfectly clear that was not the case so I highly doubt this woman's version of what happened in Cincy is right either.Anyhow there were some interesting points in the article and it was a good read.

@Sleepwalker,Fed's parents are still married,you might have been thinking of Nadal because his divorced last year
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55 AM   #3142
country flag xargon

xargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond repute

"And if we're going to use her logic,then why didn't he throw the match against Nalbandian when he was actually on Grandstand?"

Because he respect Nalbandian and not Roddick.
xargon is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #3143
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Novak doesn't throw matches, no way. It's disrespectful to suggest the contrary.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #3144
country flag Marion29520

Marion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond repute

just tweet by bob or mike bryan
Quote:
This just in: Mr. Novak Djokovic will be joining us for the first time LIVE to perform "Autograph," main stage @AAKidsDay. LET IT RIP
Marion29520 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #3145
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion29520 View Post
Quote:
This just in: Mr. Novak Djokovic will be joining us for the first time LIVE to perform "Autograph," main stage @AAKidsDay. LET IT RIP
Oh, um....
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #3146
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion29520 View Post
Oh my I'd kill to see this live.
Hope there's a youtube afterwards...

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #3147
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Nole's singing
Luckily it's just rap

That's all I ask of you.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #3148
country flag pica_pica

New diary entry!!!!
(And I'm first to discover? )

http://www.novakdjokovic.rs/news.php...id=703&jezik=2

Get ready... let's go!
Date: 28.08.2010. | Novak Djoković Official Site

Dear fans, it’s been a long time since Nole’s last Diary, but here we are again, in a changed edition. Starting from today you'll be able to get news from time to time where Novak is, some interesting stories from the tournaments on and off court, and about adventures of our player’s team.

Here we go ...

After tournaments in Toronto and Cincinnati, we settled, or better say "hid" in the suburb of New York, a part that belongs to New Jersey - Alpine. We’re staying at our good friends for the third year. We have absolutely everything here! Accommodation, food...

There are three outdoor courts on the property (US Open surface, and a clay court like at Roland Garros) and an indoor court where we practice now, because it’s cloudy and it’s been raining for 4 days in a row at the North American continent. I’ve been working on my game and fitness, and there’s also time for recovery from the efforts and for fun.

We play billiards in the evening, I’m a bit better than my fitness and conditioning trainers and the rest of the team. You wouldn’t believe it, but we also go fishing, there’s an artificial lake inside the property...

We did low intensity workouts at the beginning of the week, and now it’s quite increased. I practiced with Janko Tipsarevic on Tuesday, and I will train with some other guys in the following days.

To be continued...

That's all I ask of you.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #3149
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Nole has such a lovely speaking voice, it's a real shame he can't sing. I like him for trying though.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #3150
country flag pica_pica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTennis View Post
Nole has such a lovely speaking voice, it's a real shame he can't sing. I like him for trying though.
Your siggy....putting Roddick and Wozniacki in the same category!!!!???? *FAINT*

That's all I ask of you.

Closed Thread