Novak News!! - Page 208 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #3106
country flag Farrow

Farrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond reputeFarrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

The news of the Hopman Cup with Ana together with Toronto doubles with Nadal has made me really happy Good few days of Nole news!

Jurgen Melzer
Gilles Simon David Nalbandian
Mikhail Youzhny

Robin Soderling
Viktor Troicki Fernando Gonzalez
Nikolay Davydenko
Farrow is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 01:12 AM   #3107
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Hopman Cup I'm real happy with. Hope the doubles with Nadal really happens too.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #3108
country flag ellewoods

ellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond repute

The doubles pairing has been confirmed by the official websites of both players. Woohoo i am ecstatic!
ellewoods is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #3109
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellewoods View Post
The doubles pairing has been confirmed by the official websites of both players. Woohoo i am ecstatic!
Yesssss! Nole-Rafa pairing is always cute

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #3110
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Great newsCan Not wait for both events

Novak Djokovic: The Pinnacle Awaits

Battle-hardened veteran, Fernando Gonzalez, once said that he had never played anyone like his Serbian opponent, after teenage Djokovic came through their grueling five set encounter in the second round of the French Open in 2006.

I recently wrote a piece on the Serb's friend and rival, Andy Murray. Both players moved up the junior ranks together and have similar counter-punching baseline stylesóDjokovic being the more offensively minded of the two. They are only one week apart in age and have much respect and admiration for each other's accomplishments.

The current second ranked player in the world has been laying in the shadows of the two dominant players over the last five years, biding his time and honing his skills as he himself attempts to become the presiding force on the tour.

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have ruled over the tennis world for half a decade, and held the longest-running "one/two" positions in history. But Djokovic has been there through most of that time, constantly nipping at the heels of the two greats.

The time to assert himself as a future No. 1 is near.

As the first of the major U.S. Open series events fast approaches, the Masters 1000 in Toronto, the hard court mastery of Djokovic should hold him in good stead.

Djokovic has won five such titles on this surface, as well as the prestigious end-of-year World Tour Championships and the Australian Open, both in 2008.

The Serb's offensive baseline game can be overwhelming on his beloved cement. In fact, when Djokovic is on his game, he is, in my opinion, the most effective hard court player in the world today.

And, after his re-ascension to the No. 2 position in the rankings, there is no reason why he should not have the confidence to let his tremendous skills take flight.

Another aspect of his game that will help him navigate the treacherous waters of this fact-paced season is his tenacity. When Djokovic is really up for the match and the fight, he is a nightmare for all opposition, as Gonzalez would attest.

Recently, breathing problems and allergies have sometimes prevented him from realizing his full potential on court, but deep runs at the French Open and Wimbledon have meant that the Serb is back.

Djokovic's breakthrough year was in 2007, when he first finished second to Nadal at the Masters event in Indian Wells, and then won the important tournament in Miami, sometimes described as the "fifth Slam." He beat Nadal along the way at that Masters and the world began to take note of his prowess, especially on the hard courts.

The culmination of that year was his defeat of the world's top three players, again on his favorite surface at the Montreal Masters. It was the first time this feat was accomplished since 1994, when Boris Becker also beat the three best players of the time on his way to victory.

Djokovic defeated Andy Roddick, Nadal and Federer in the final three rounds to claim his second big prize of the season.

In 2008, he earned the coveted Bronze Medal in singles at the Olympics in Beijing, losing a very close match to Nadal in the semifinals. A missed routine smash on the last point handed the match over to his friendly rival.

Djokovic's main strength is his double-handed backhand down the line, which he can suddenly unleash with pinpoint accuracy. His forehand comes next. It is considered one of the big shots in the game, and can be hit heavily for consistent baseline rallies, or flattened out to find the back line.

His dogged persistence is another asset, and his serve can be a huge weapon when he finds rhythm on it. At Wimbledon, that latter aspect of his game was effective in some of the early rounds, and it appeared he was rediscovering his form on it.

But the serve let him down in the semifinals against Tomas Berdych, when double-faults on critical points sealed his fate. His post-Wimbledon work must have centered on the improvement of that shot, and once he steps out on his preferred surface his serve will be firing again.

Nole, as his many fans know him, will survive the onslaught of the emerging talent, and fight his way to the summit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...innacle-awaits
Old 08-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #3111
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nole, as his many fans know him, will survive the onslaught of the emerging talent, and fight his way to the summit.
Yes, I'm confident that Nole will make it Ajde~!

That's all I ask of you.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #3112
country flag pica_pica

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?...okovic-doubles

Nadal, Djokovic to team for doubles in Toronto

Talk about a one-two punch: No. 1 Rafael Nadal and No. 2 Novak Djokovic are teaming up to play doubles together at next week’s tournament in Toronto.

The ATP said it believes it’s the first time the men holding the top two spots in the singles rankings have partnered for doubles at a tournament since No. 1 Jimmy Connors and No. 2 Arthur Ashe did it in 1976.

Benito Perez-Barbadillo, the publicist for Nadal and Djokovic, said the pair discussed the possibility of playing with each other last season at hard-court events in Montreal or Cincinnati. But Nadal wound up having a stomach muscle problem, so those plans were scuttled.

Djokovic brought up the thought of a high-powered doubles team again recently.

“Novak called Rafa a couple of weeks ago and reminded him,” Perez-Barbadillo wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Saturday. “Rafa liked the idea again and here they are.”

Nadal returned to No. 1 in the ATP singles rankings in June, replacing Roger Federer there, after winning his fifth French Open championship. When Federer then lost in the quarterfinals at Wimbledon, that made him slide to No. 3 for the first time since 2003, and Djokovic moved up to No. 2.

Nadal owns eight Grand Slam singles titles, and Djokovic has one.

Neither has won a major championship in doubles; generally, the best male singles players do not want to expend extra energy by entering the doubles competition at Grand Slam tournaments.

Nadal does own six career ATP doubles titles, including one in 2010, at Indian Wells, Calif., in March, when he played with Marc Lopez. Djokovic’s lone ATP doubles title came this year at Queen’s Club in June, alongside Jonathan Erlich.

The Toronto tournament starts Monday.

Connors and Ashe teamed up at a tournament in North Conway, N.H., in August 1976, losing in the quarterfinals. In July 1976, they lost in the final at Washington.

That's all I ask of you.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #3113
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.supersport.com/tennis/article.aspx?Id=366251

Nadal doubles helps Djokovic Davis Cup hopes

Novak Djokovic is expecting his one-off doubles partnership with Rafael Nadal at the Toronto Masters to serve him well in his goal of leading Serbia to a dream Davis Cup trophy.

"I couldn't refuse the chance to play with him," the world number two said Sunday of his world number one partner.

"It will be an honour to play with Rafa. I'm happy, and it's even a part of the history of tennis, that makes it even greater."

Not since Jimmy Connors was ranked first and Arthur Ashe was second when they played together 34 years ago have the top two singles players joined forces in doubles, the ATP said.

"Part of it is the fact that Davis Cup is a bit on my mind. I need to play as much doubles as possible," Djokovic said.

Djokovic, who opens in singles after a bye with either a qualifier or Julien Benneteau of France, said that with Serbia into the Davis Cup semifinals with a September 17-19 tie at home against the Czech Republic, his hopes are high for going all the way in the team competition.

"I'm pleased that we are having Davis Cup success this year. It is one of my goals for 2010 - to try and get to the Davis Cup final," Djokovic said.

Djokovic added that after beating neighbouring Balkan rival Croatia 4-1 in last month's quarterfinals, he took two weeks or much-needed rest.

"I wish it was more but I'm back and recharged and recovered," he said. "I'm ready to compete again. I have lots of expectations for myself, I want to go as far as a I can - and hardcourt is my favourite surface."
minh is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #3114
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

August 11, Toronto, R2 v. Benneteau

Q. How important was it to win that match in two sets?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it was a big struggle. It was obvious that on the court I wasn't feeling the best, but I overcomed it. It was nothing unusual, just little heat issues that I have, but, you know, the life goes on. I won another match, and usually when you win the tough first round like this, second round, actually, my first match in this tournament, now I get more confidence and hopefully I can be ready for the next challenge.

Q. You dropped serve four times in the match. Are you going to attribute that to the heat? Is that the main factor? Is there anything else affecting your game right now?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: To be honest, I felt really well, even with the serve, which was a little shaky in the start of the match. As you said, I lost four breaks of serve, which is not great at this level.
So I was kind of lucky to come back to the match. He was playing well, you know. He's a tough guy. He attacks a lot, and he defends really well, especially from the backhand side. But when I needed to, I was hitting some winners and really going for the shots.
That's a positive thing about today's match, that I didn't step back and kind of waited for him to make a mistake on the important moments. I did what I needed to do. I stepped in, and I think I deserve the victory.

Q. You mentioned the heat issues. Could you explain what feelings you go through when it starts to get to you? What actually happens?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's really hard to explain. Anybody who didn't play a professional level will not understand quite what's going on, but it's definitely not easy on the days where you have over 30 Celsius and court adds up another 10 degrees, or 15, and it gets really hot and it absorbs the heat, the hardcourts.
So I'm not finding definitely no excuses, but everybody is different. I might react on the heat differently than somebody else, so you cannot compare myself to another player. You know, I might be faster than somebody for some reason. It's just genetics and nature, I guess.

Q. Is this the same problem you were having in the spring or is this something else?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Um, no, it's not anything in specific. That is different from what I have experienced in last couple of years in some of the matches that I struggled with. In Australia it was terrible as well against Roddick when I retired the match.
So, yeah, it did happen a couple of times already, but I said it back then and I'll say it again, you know: I will never ever risk my health to, you know, just to win.
Today I was really on the edge, so health is the most important thing for me, and then tennis and success and whatever comes with it.

Q. What are the dangers now? Like what's the worst-case scenario for you if you push yourself too far in a really hot situation?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, at a certain moment, you know, you might collapse or whatever. But after half an hour, hour, with the proper recovery, you will get back to the normal feeling and normal, you know, state of body.
So it's just -- it's just, I guess, that in the long term it can hurt you, and it happens to me quite often. And, I don't know, it's just something that you cannot fight against. Nobody can turn off the sun and just do me a favor, even though I would like it. (Laughter.)

Q. Is it almost like a game out there? You know, conserving your energy and putting it all out during the point, figuring out when to push, you know, when to pull back? Explain a little bit about that.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's a big mental struggle, as well, besides physical. You know, you know what they say. Fight all the way through, and if you overcome it, you are a champion. Partly is right, but the other hand, you know, if your body gives you alarm, gives you signs of something bad is going on, I mean, if you're pushing more and more, it's going to hurt you in the long term.
I don't know. I'm really trying to balance all things my life, and fitness-wise and everything, I've been doing a great job, preparing for these tournaments for last couple of weeks, so there is no issue in that, no issue in me not spending enough hours in the sun. It's just, I guess, a little nervousness during the match, and it all combines with the heat and stress and I guess results that.

Q. Another heat question, but is it different in various cities? Like this is a very humid city, for example. Do you really feel the humidity as well as the heat in a place like this?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You cannot avoid it, to be honest. There are so many hardcourt events, important hardcourt events played during the summer. Cincinnati is very hard. Washington and Indian Wells, all these tournaments are very important for us, and we have to play there. We just have to adjust to the conditions. I guess you have to accept it the way it is.

Q. You smashed up your racquet pretty good in the second set.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Thanks, man. (Laughter.)

Q. Right after that, you seemed to like find the next gear and be great after that. Was that just your way of blowing off steam, letting out some frustration, getting it out of your system?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's never been a problem for me to smash a racquet. (Laughter.)
But I kind of tend to have this positive reactions after that. My head kind of cools off after I break the racquet, even though it probably looks ugly to the fans, or interesting. You ask them.
But definitely I get a little more, I don't know, relief after I do that. But, you know, it's relative, really. Depends from the situation.

Q. How many racquets did you break this year?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Oh, I think most of the racquets I broke was in doubles matches. Actually in Queens I broke -- even though I won the tournament I broke every single match one.

Q. Good-luck charm?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, lucky charm. My sponsor will not send me anymore. He's gonna charge me for racquets. (Smiling.)

Q. I was speaking with a lot of fans after especially the doubles match, and they love your tennis. There was another reason fans also told me they were looking forward to watching your impressions of Maria Sharapova and other players. Any chance you may be able to do it sometime this week?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I got asked that question, requested for a couple of imitations. I don't know. To be honest, it really comes spontaneous, and if the moment is right, I'll do it. I will not force something, but as I said, you know, if the fans really want and if the moment is good, you know, if I don't make somebody feel bad, why not? I'm sure Sharapova will forgive me.

Q. Back to the heat, are you working with your team on nutrition or types of fluids to drink or things to eat in between changeovers like that? Are you doing anything differently there to stave off...
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, we're just waiting DHL to give us a canister of oxygen that I will put next to me on the changeovers so I'll breathe in. No. (Laughter.)
But we do -- we do have lots of things that we take care, all these nutrition and things that matter a lot and have an influence to the final feeling that is on the court. And definitely everything is important what you eat before, what you do, what you drink during the match, before the match, after the match. There is too many details that are a little bit private, so I cannot share with you, but definitely as much of liquids on these days to drink is more needed to keep your body in normal state.

Q. You broke through at this tournament in Montreal in 2007 when you beat Roddick and then Rafa and then Roger, which nobody had done I think since Boris Becker several years ago. You had so much fun at the time. It was I think a little bit new to you, and everything was kind of open to you. It's been now three years. You've developed the kind of the heat issue that has hindered you a little bit. You have been playing in an era where Roger and Rafa win most of the Slams. That's a bad timing thing. Is it still as fun for you, the tour, everything about it, the grind, just the whole lifestyle that comes?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I'm a person who plays with a lot of emotions and just brought up that way in the country where, you know, we are very temperament and emotional, so if I don't have emotions for this sport, I wouldn't play it.
So I still enjoy what I do. I love the sport. I love competing at this level, and I had lots of success which I think is a result of hard work that I had put in in the last couple of years.
So definitely, as long as it's like that, I will keep on playing.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #3115
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

August 12, Toronto, R3 v. Hanescu 6-3, 6-4

Q. Are you still feeling your last Davis Cup experience good or bad? Are you still feeling it at all?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I just -- yeah, I do have great memories from that Davis Cup tie in Croatia, but only good ones, because I have played two very good matches, especially the one on Sunday which was the deciding one, and it's a big success for my country. So I really look forward to the next semifinal Davis Cup tie, which is in Belgrade.

Q. Can you talk about your match today? It seemed a lot more routine than yesterday. I'm sure the weather played a part in that for you.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's fun for me, you know, playing some matches in Grandstand, some other courts next to the center court. You know, you feel the crowd more. They're closer to you.
So couple situations during the match which were quite funny. The crowd was really into the match. I enjoyed it. The weather was not as bad as it was yesterday, so it made my life a little bit easier.
Overall performance was great. I have to be happy about it. Now I'm playing a night match tomorrow against a player who made some upsets in this tournament, so, no, no reason to underestimate my opponent because he's a big server, big hitter. It's gonna be a tough one, but if I continue playing well like I did today, I have a good chance.

Q. I'm just wondering if you have talked to Ana Ivanovic with what's going on with her at the Rogers Cup in Montreal. She feels that she was insulted by the tournament director, had her feelings hurt, wasn't included as a wildcard entrant, and then now they've extended an invitation to her and then she's declined. Have you talked to her at all? Do you understand what she is going through maybe at this time?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I haven't spoken to her actually in a couple weeks, so maybe -- I didn't hear for that story, to be honest. I'm following her results in Cincinnati. I see that she's doing well, and I'm happy for her, but I don't know anything about Montreal.
It's too bad, you know, because she -- she deserves, I think she deserves the invitation because she's former No. 1 of the world, and she attracts most of the fans. Actually, she's one of the top -- one of the couple of players in women's tennis that actually gets the fans to the court.

Q. If you could talk to us for a moment about your doubles partnership with Nadal, how did that come about? Whose idea was it? Do you see you guys playing together as a pair again in the future?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I wish to play with him in the future, definitely. We'll talk about it. It was -- it was both of us that were thinking about eventually playing doubles together. Throughout actually last two years we have been trying to get together and play some events. Of course, we always prioritize singles. You know, he was obviously playing more with the Spanish players because of the Davis Cup, and of course they're his friends and countrymen. And the other side, I did, as well. But we did it in the end, and now we have a reason to believe that we can pair up in the future, the near future, I hope.
I would love to, so I don't know what he thinks, but I will definitely accept that challenge again.

Q. Actually, before opening ceremony, Nadal said very nice words about you, that you're very talented and good partner for double. You now lost, but what would be your relation, say, if you met each other in the final?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: We just talked about eventually -- well, if we, you know, if we get to the finals, I guess the winner will pay a private jet to Cincinnati. I don't know. (Smiling.) That's one of the things.
But, no, definitely it was a great experience playing with Rafa who is, for me, one of the best players that ever played this game, and he still has many years to come, so he's just -- he's just a legend already in our sport, and he's a good friend of mine. So to be able to stand on the court with him as, you know, No. 1 and No. 2 of the world, was history as well for our sport and attracted a lot of attention from media, from the fans.
It's good for the sport. You know, I think these things should happen more often in men's tennis. So, yes, we did lose, but it was our first match, so we were still kind of playing -- I was playing on my side. I was playing -- we felt like a team at some points, but we were still not feeling comfortable as a team, you know. We were enjoying more on the court, I guess. We had lots of fun, and we will definitely try to do it again.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #3116
country flag shuhrat

August 13, Toronto, QF v. Chardy 6-2, 6-3

Q. After I think two rounds ago you had a pretty tough one in the heat. Yesterday seemed to be pretty routine. Today again pretty routine. What do you attribute your success to today?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, looks like Iím lifting my level of the game after every match, which is great.
I felt very comfortable in the court today. I waited all day to play a match and wasnít easy in the locker room, you know, waiting that match before us for quite some time. But, you know, as soon as I stepped on the court, I felt the ball right, served a very high percentage of the first serves in, and basically put a lot of pressure on his service games because I was getting a lot of returns back. That was, well, one of the keys of victory.

Q. You seemed to be getting a little bit of a look at your left shoulder area there in the second set. What was going on? Is that something that might trouble you moving forward?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, I donít think itís gonna bother me eventually thinking about having a bigger injury or something like that.
Itís just a minor problem that I have in these couple of days, and, you know, physio just kind of took care of it in a couple of minutes of medical timeout, and then I felt better.

Q. Whatís your mentality going into the semifinals with Federer tomorrow?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it has to be a positive mentality; otherwise I wouldnít be looking to get on the court, you know. I played so many times with Federer. Most of the matches we have played was on this surface, and thereís not much to talk about. Heís a big champion and he showed why heís one of the best players in the world.
Today he pulled up a great win even though he was down 5-2 in the third. He has big support of the crowd here. He plays well throughout the whole week. Itís gonna be a tough one, but, you know, semifinals, you never know whatís gonna happen.

Q. No smashed racquets today, none yesterday?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No reason.

Q. Iím a little disappointed. Are you gonna make up for it tomorrow, three or four?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I donít know. Iíll see. I hope I will not put myself in the position of breaking racquets.

Q. Last time you played Roger I believe was in Basel. Maybe a similar situation. The crowd support obviously is going to be in his favor. What do you remember from that match, and what do you think is the key for this match?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I remember playing really good tennis in that match and winning against Roger in his hometown and was a big achievement, and Iím just -- I was playing really well in that finals.
He always, you know, kind of lifts up his form in the last couple of rounds of the tournament, and he has been doing that for many years already.
So heís always, you know, very loose when he gets into the court, and he puts a lot of pressure on opponent, very aggressive, and so I guess I have to really try to be focused from the start and be patient and wait for my chances and then use them.

Q. I have to ask, Roger and Rafa have been getting some buzz this week for their pink T-shirts they have been wearing. Is that a look maybe you could pull off in the future?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I have no comment on that, because I am wearing yellow, so itís kind of same position. (Smiling.) (I can't recall seeing him in any pink shirts though. )
Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #3117
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
August 13, Toronto, QF v. Chardy 6-2, 6-3

Q. I have to ask, Roger and Rafa have been getting some buzz this week for their pink T-shirts they have been wearing. Is that a look maybe you could pull off in the future?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I have no comment on that, because I am wearing yellow, so itís kind of same position. (Smiling.) (I can't recall seeing him in any pink shirts though. )
Noleta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #3118
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Novak would look spectacular in pink. A vibrant pink -- not an old lady pink.

The yellow is good too, but I like him best in red and blue.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #3119
country flag shuhrat

August 13, Toronto, SF v. Federer 1-6, 6-3, 5-7

Q. First set went by very quick, and the second set you were down 2-Love, but somehow out of nowhere it seemed like you turned things around. What happened out there? Why the difference?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I had a very slow start. I knew Roger is gonna take the ball early and try to take pressure on me. He did. He did it extremely well.
I kind of didnít find my rhythm, you know. After only half an hour it was already set and break up. But I managed to come back, and I started feeling the ball better. But overall, I think it wasnít the best performance by my side. I wasnít serving well when I needed to, and I made a lot of unforced errors on my backhand side.
So to be able to be in the position to win this match with the performance that I donít think itís good enough, itís okay, itís fine. You know, itís a little bit frustrating that I havenít used the opportunity I had in the end, but, you know, he was realistically a better player today.

Q. Any reason why you think you didnít have that rhythm when you came out in the first set? Anything you can pinpoint?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I donít know. I donít know. I just -- I just made too many unforced errors from the backhand side. I just donít know the reason for that.
I was too impatient, and as soon as I started putting more, one ball more than him in the rally, I won most of the points, you know.

Thatís what I was supposed to do. It was a big chance and 5-All, but yet again, on a break ball, another unforced error and things change. You know, if you donít use against a player like him, it will come back to you.

Q. What do you think as the rallies went longer that you thought you had the advantage?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I donít know. I just felt like I had more chances to win those rallies than he did. I thought I, as long as the rallies went, I felt more comfortable hitting the ball, and he -- I guess he knew that, as well. And he tried to win the points shorter, and he was doing that well, you know. I was managing to fight back, but, you know, in the end I didnít succeed.

Q. At the end of the match you came to the net and you were smiling and you said something to him. If itís not too personal, can you tell us what you said?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You ask him.

Q. Are you the kind of player who gets angry at yourself after this, or do you try not to?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I do get angry. You could see that at 5-all. (Smiling.) It didnít work for me, the racquet breaking, this time.
Well, as I said on the start of this conference, I am frustrated with the loss and upset about the loss. Of course I am. I am a competitor, and it doesnít matter the way I play. If I have a chance to win and I donít, Iím not happy and I cannot be happy.
But itís semifinals. Itís a good result. Played couple of matches quite well, had a lot of hours on the court. Now Iím going to Cincinnati, trying to get even better result, and in the end in New York which is the most important for all of us.

Q. With that slow start, I mean, is this something you look at your serve in the first set trying to help you out at least a little bit, get some free points, maybe get a little 30-Love lead in the game so that you can start to find the rally?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, thatís something that I wanted, but as I said, he was doing extremely well putting a lot of returns back and then just stepping in in each shorter ball that he had.
So I didnít find a solution. For 40 minutes, I didnít find any solution. Then I broke him in a good game, and then it was all square, I think, up to the end.

Q. If you were to assess your performance this week compared to, say, a year ago, how good do you feel your form is right now?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Itís better. Itís better. Iím -- well, Iím trying to compare it with the first five, six months of the year that I havenít played the best tennis, and I had a lot of ups and downs with the results, with the help and different side factors that kind of affected my game.
But since Wimbledon Iím playing much better, played in Davis Cup great, great matches, and here, as well. You know, just -- Iím a little bit unsatisfied with unforced errors that I had today, but overall, itís okay. You know, itís good result, and Iím confident that I can play good tennis in upcoming weeks.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #3120
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

It's important that he keeps positive, his last answer sums it up. He's finally playing some great tennis despite his serve and that's the most encouraging thing so far. He needs to get there surely but slowly. He will get better in Cinci and hopefully he'll be in top form for the US Open. Heaven knows he deserves some respite and glory for his hard work. Not many people can be on top of the game after what he's gone through. I'm impressed.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nļ1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread