Novak News!! - Page 206 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #3076
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Q. Lleyton was asked, Could you tell there was anything wrong with him in that third set, and he said, I don't know, he's always got something. What's your reaction to that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Everybody has an opinion. I don't know why the people think that I'm always having something, which is absolutely wrong because I haven't asked for medical or physio timeout for a long time.

I mean, any time I ask, you know, somebody has to say something. So I don't really care. You know, whatever.
He's right about everything. Lleyton wasn't very honourable there.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #3077
country flag Running:Free

Running:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. Lleyton was asked, Could you tell there was anything wrong with him in that third set, and he said, I don't know, he's always got something. What's your reaction to that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Everybody has an opinion. I don't know why the people think that I'm always having something, which is absolutely wrong because I haven't asked for medical or physio timeout for a long time.

I mean, any time I ask, you know, somebody has to say something. So I don't really care. You know, whatever.
Well handled If he doesn't give it importance and moves on, no trouble, no big deal is made out, and only the commenter ends up looking childish.
Running:Free is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #3078
country flag ellewoods

ellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid that Lleyton made that comment because it wasn't like he was the one who was leading by two sets.
ellewoods is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #3079
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...don&id=5339122

The return of the Djoker

June 29, 2010 By Kamakshi Tandon

WIMBLEDON, England -- After belting a winner to seal his win over Lleyton Hewitt and book himself a spot in the Wimbledon quarterfinals, Novak Djokovic let out a roar and tore the collar of his white shirt, which he then ripped off his body.

"That was a great moment," Djokovic's coach, Marian Vadja, told ESPN.com. "I felt I haven't seen that for months, maybe a year. I'm really pleased he's showing and expressing himself."

Asked to explain his reaction, Djokovic simply said, "Emotions."

More importantly, positive emotion.

After his fourth-round victory at the French Open a few weeks ago, Djokovic was asked about losing the second set and snapped, "Why do we have we keep on getting back on negative things, you know? Always struggle, struggle, struggle. I won the match. That's what happened."

But a mid-match lull would be costly in his next encounter. Leading up by two sets against Melzer in the quarterfinals, Djokovic let his opponent back in during the third set and ended up losing the encounter. "I thought I was gaining that confidence, the right play that I had in last couple of years," Djokovic recalled. "In that quarterfinals -- just very strange turnover. I was very disappointed after that match."

"After that match he was a little bit down," said Vajda. "We talk about it for hours and hours."

It was the kind of defeat that might have sent him into an extended slump, like his loss to Rafael Nadal in a four-hour thriller in the Madrid semifinals last year.

An early singles loss at the grass-court warm-up tournament in Queen's intensified the concern, but Djokovic ended up winning the doubles with Jonathan Erlich. With the pressure off and a partner on court to share a laugh with, he enjoyed the week and approached his practice sessions with more enthusiasm and vigor as well.

"So it was very important," said Vajda.

At Wimbledon, Djokovic found himself embroiled in a five-set encounter in the opening round against Olivier Rochus, but the Serb finished strongly, winning the last two sets. Then came emphatic victories against two very different types of players: serve-and-volleying Taylor Dent and clay-court-loving Albert Montanes.

But it was the win against Hewitt, who won Wimbledon in 2002 and took the grass-court title in Halle earlier this month by beating Roger Federer, which really demonstrated Djokovic was back on track.

"It's really big because it proves he's playing very well," said Vajda. "[Hewitt's] a great competitor. It's a really big struggle with him always. He doesn't give you free points and it's a big win mentally."

And with Yen-Hsun Lu waiting in the quarterfinals instead of Andy Roddick -- the 26-year-old Taiwanese shocked Roddick 9-7 in the fifth to win their fourth-round match -- Djokovic now has an excellent chance to reach his first Grand Slam semifinal since the U.S. Open last year.

He has been to the quarterfinals of all three majors so far this year -- but no further. "He lost to guys he should have beat," John McEnroe told BBC television. "He's got this incredible opportunity, but he's got to capitalize on that."

On the other hand, it was only a few months ago that the Serb looked like he was on the verge of a steep slide, mired in a rut with both his serve and stamina.

The story of the changed service motion is so hazy that even Djokovic and Vadja tell slightly conflicting versions. According to Djokovic, shoulder problems at the end of last year meant he began struggling to get his arm up, a bad habit that proved hard to get rid of. According to Vajda, it was a deliberate attempt to get him to raise his arm a little earlier in the motion, but one which simply failed to stick.

When Djokovic added Todd Martin to his coaching team last August, Martin and Vadja agreed that the serve could use a little tinkering, but Djokovic found the change uncomfortable and unsettling.

"It didn't work well. Probably some misunderstanding in communication in working because we [Vadja and Martin] had separate bases," said Vadja. "We didn't work together at every tournament."

Djokovic recommitted to his old service motion at the beginning of the clay-court season in April, the same time his partnership with Martin ended.

"We're going back to old roots," said Vadja. "Now he is just wanting to focus on his old habits, because he had one of the best serves in the world. I don't know what we need the change so drastically."

As for his apparent stamina struggles -- a career-long problem but particularly noticeable this year -- Djokovic has cited a pollen allergy which affects his breathing. He even withdrew from his family-owned tournament in Belgrade in May as a result.

"It caught him this year incredibly hard," said Vadja. "He didn't sleep well, he didn't breathe well during matches. Not excuses -- it's reality. It's like you're choking almost every day.

"I worried. Sometimes it gets him and he cannot breathe at all."

The problem, which is at its worst when the weather is humid and the pollen count is high, was particularly acute when Djokovic had to play at the French Open. "In the first three rounds he had always crisis, like for one set, but he overcame," said Vadja. "It was tough to see him fighting to catch his breath after every ball."

Medication combined with a change of season means things are better than during the spring, but full-proof cure has been found. "Three months now," said Vadja. "It's getting better, but it's up and down."

It hasn't helped Djokovic's already notorious reputation for calling medical timeouts and retiring during matches. Both Federer and Roddick have called Djokovic out for it in the past, and in January, the Serb lost his Australian Open quarterfinal to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga after being treated for a stomach bug. "When did you first notice he had a problem?" Tsonga was asked. "About three years ago," cracked Tsonga.

Djokovic, who was again treated for stomach problems during his match against Hewitt on Monday, is sensitive about the criticism. "Everybody has an opinion. I don't know why the people think that I'm always having something, which is absolutely wrong because I haven't asked for medical or physio timeout for a long time," he said. "Any time I ask, you know, somebody has to say something."

In the end, there's no panacea like a few good wins. A nice run here at the All England Club would, at the very least, put Djokovic in the right frame of mind to do some damage during the summer hard-court season, the surface on which his pinball-like game is most effective.

"This is the kind of result that can really do it," said Vadja. "He's in a good way."
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #3080
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hana.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #3081
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

I like this writer. Nice read
Thanks
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #3082
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Great interview, very positive!
But most important, they say they have found a cure for his allergies?
I hope so Novak.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #3083
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Great interview, very positive!
But most important, they say they have found a cure for his allergies?
I hope so Novak.
I think that was a typo or something because what they say before and after this does not make sense,it doesn't really link up.If you found a 'fool-proof' cure that would suggest that there would be absolutely no ups and downs i.e 'foolproof' but they say there are ups and downs these days so that sounds like they're using some meds to improve it but they meant to say not fool-proof.
Plus I don't think allergies can be cured,just prevented, which would have to be done before allergy season(february etc.) which I think he mentioned he would try to do better in future seasons or else just reduced when you get them which I assume he is doing atm with whatever meds he's using but I imagine the allergies have lessened naturally anyway since we have left Spring and that is the worst season for pollen
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #3084
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a typo missing the 'not' in the "has been found" sentence.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #3085
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Good read...
Marian Vadja, and that obviously wasn't typo.
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #3086
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Nice read Keep the positive mood there, Novak

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #3087
country flag Running:Free

Running:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond reputeRunning:Free has a reputation beyond repute

Post-match vs. Lu, Wimby QF
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...913065278.html

Q. You looked excited by your performance today.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Yeah, it's really refreshing, you know, to perform this way I'd say after a while. You know, I was struggling with the level of my performance throughout the last five, six months. It was a lot of ups and downs.

But right now I'm playing great. It definitely makes me happy.

Q. What were your thoughts when you heard that Roger had lost?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
I mean, all the credit to Berdych. He played a good match. I've seen the last couple of games.

But, you know, regardless of who I play, I mean, if I perform as well as I did today, I think I have a good chance.

Q. Can you describe the matchup in more detail against Tomas, the strengths you need to try to exploit in your game and what you need to work on against him?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
He's a big server and he has powerful groundstrokes. Obviously, his weapon is his forehand. Plays a lot of flat shots.

So, uhm, he's played semis of French Open. He's got some great results in last couple of months. So he's one of the toughest players to play against I guess lately.

I'm gonna have to be patient and wait for the chances. Obviously, both of us, we gonna have a great motivation to proceed to the next round and finals. For him, that would be a first finals. For me, third.

But, still, you know, I would give everything to play finals in Wimbledon.

Q. It's two years since you won a Grand Slam. Do you think you're playing at your best now?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Well, I don't know if I'm able to compare my present game with the one from 2008 when I won the Australian Open. But definitely close, close to there. I had the best tournament in Australia.

Right now I think I'm raising my confidence level and performance level match after match. This is something that is very encouraging in this stage of the tournament.

Q. You expect a very difficult match in the semifinal. Berdych in place of Federer means for you a better chance right now?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Well, we all know Roger always plays his best tennis in the end of the tournament. He has played, what, 23, 24 consecutive semifinals of the Grand Slams. He has definitely, you know, more pressure, I guess, and a bigger challenge playing against him in the semis.

But still, you know, Berdych, he's a player who won against Roger in four sets. We cannot forget that. He's gonna go for the shots. I think he has, again, not much to lose. He's gonna be motivated. So there's no favorites, I guess.

Q. You said the game has changed for you. You've been struggling for the last couple months. What has changed or turned the tide for you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Well, I don't think game‑wise I was far away from my maximum and from my top game in the last couple months. It was more like a mental struggle, I guess. I wasn't finding myself on the court. I was ‑‑ uhm, had too much distractions, meaning mental discomfort on the court; wasn't feeling great; had a lot of ups and downs.

But it's a part of the sport, part of the career. You just have to accept it that way. I'm sure everybody has been through that little mini crisis if you want to call it.

But it's important to take the best out of it and continue in the right way. That's what I did. I just want to look forward now.

Q. The last time you reached this stage at Wimbledon, you were far from fit. Are you a hundred percent now? Are you looking forward to making up for that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Yes. It was a much different situation back then. I was less experienced, but yet I wasn't fit as I am today. I had to play three matches in three days, very exhausting matches. When I got to the semifinal stage, I wasn't ready for that.

But this time I'm ready mentally and physically. Just barely waiting to get on the court.

Q. What does this opportunity at this stage of your career mean to you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Oh, look, you know, playing a semifinals of any Grand Slam is a huge result. But being able to have the opportunity and to reach the finals is even more encouraging, of course, and more challenging.

So, as I said, you know, I'll give everything to be in the finals. I'll give my best on the court. If the guy's better, I will congratulate him, but I will definitely fight till the last moment.

Q. Will it be more difficult to fall asleep tonight knowing that in the semifinal you have a bigger chance since you're playing Berdych?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
No. I already answered that question, so...

Q. You played Berdych twice. You never lost a set. It's a different Berdych, the one that you have to play now. How different do you think he is?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
He has improved I think a lot from the baseline. He had the powerful strokes and shots always, but he was making a lot of unforced errors before. Now he's cutting that to the minimum. He's becoming more patient.

Of course, physically he's very strong, very compact. And, of course, serve is always there. So if he serves well, he can be very dangerous.

Q. And you spoke also about your personal problems or distractions. What were you meaning, apart from maybe the tournament in Belgrade?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
No, I mean, that was not one of the distractions. You know, you always face some things. Sometimes on the court you think about things off the court which you shouldn't and you keep your focus away from what you should do. That's about it.

Q. Are you really surprised that Berdych beat Federer today?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Look, I mean, Federer is the best player that ever played this game. And still to be able to play this way after he has won so many Grand Slams is just great. I mean, you have to give him credit for everything he has done.

So it's normal for him to lose. I mean, you guys, you know, you think he shouldn't lose at all? I mean, you have to congratulate to Berdych for playing that well.

Q. Are you a hundred percent fit going into the semifinals?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC:
Yes.
Running:Free is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #3088
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

^^

"I mean": 7 times
"You know": 10 times

That's all I ask of you.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #3089
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych's first Wimbledon semifinal will be followed through a microscope when he faces Novak Djokovic.Will Djokovic salvage his unsatisfactory year, or will Berdych finally dismiss his underachieving label?

Novak Djokovic vs. Tomas Berdych

Djokovic leads the pair's head-to-head series, 2-0.

What we have here is two men that weren't supposed to make it this far. For Djokovic, his form entering Wimbledon provided little in the way of a resounding result. Dusted early and often throughout the season, Djokovic had battled his technique, coaching changes, and of course, mother nature. Suffering nine losses before entering the tournament, Djokovic's progress to the semifinals is by far his best result of 2010.

Will the new world No. 2 have a enough to blindside the potent arsenal of the new Czech bomber?

The Birdman could be deemed the new Robin Soderling of this season. Reaching the Miami final in March, Berdych advanced to the final four at the French Open, before plowing through the field in London.

Defeating Federer for a second straight time on Wednesday, Berdych solidified himself as a big match player. But will the daunting Czech have enough mental fortitude to advance to his first career Grand Slam final?

Djokovic will undoubtedly hold the experience card between the two. Capturing the 2008 Australian Open, Djokovic has also reached seven other Grand Slam semifinals. Taking out the competent challenge of Lleyton Hewitt in the fourth-round, Djokovic benefited from not facing Andy Roddick, thanks in large part to Yen-Hsun Lu.

We are all well-aware of Djokovic's ability to go AWOL during close matches, but those losses have usually consisted of him being the underdog—excluding his Aussie Open meltdown this year against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

With that said, one would have to favor Djokovic because of his wherewithal to grind it out. Berdych may have his machine gun ground-strokes ready to paint the lines, but Djokovic's defensive ability will be pay dividends when it gets close.

I'm not totally ruling out Berdych in this contest, for the primary reason that he seems to be finally enjoying himself on Tour. He's under a calm aura of confidence at the moment, and his game has reaped the rewards.

Once bound to a cold robotic stare, Berdych now embodies the persona and execution of a formidable Grand Slam contender.

All in all, this match will come down to Djokovic's experience and defense versus Berdych's power and eagerness.

If recent results have taught us anything, experience—moreso at Wimbledon—usually wins out.

Pick: Djokovic in five sets

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ifinal-preview
Old 07-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #3090
country flag pica_pica

^^^^
So they're predicting 2 5-setters for tmr Will be great tennis then, eh?

That's all I ask of you.

Closed Thread