Novak News!! - Page 202 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #3016
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Nice radio interview

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #3017
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
I think his early loss in 2008 could have had something to do with those Albanian terrorists who apparantly threatened to kill him over that whole Kosovo speech he gave.It has been written that British Intelligence found out about it and held a meeting with him at the time of Wimbledon.You'll also notice that a while later in Toronto in a presser he said that he had had a lot of off-court worries over the last few weeks,at the time there were those stupid rumours about his parents divorcing(not true) which some of us might have thought was the reason but I think it could have been this.Serbian media often refer to it I notice,and have said that since then he has the highest quality,military protection(obviously in plain clothes)anytime he is in Serbia.His site was hacked by some Albanians in 2008 and you could see the message they had left about Kosovo for a while before it was repaired.I also remember he was asked about it in a press conferance at the Masters Cup that year and he wasn't willing to talk about it at all.I think the reason we don't hear anything much about it is because it is dangerous to talk about it and aggravate people further but I do certainly think it happened
Miss Intelligence, Amber
Nole's wiser and more careful these days...

That's all I ask of you.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #3018
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

The Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal Domination: Who Is Next?
Michael Cansenti by

Contributor Written on June 08, 2010

Results - Author Poll

Who is the third best of this tennis generation?

Novak Djokovic
42.5%
Andy Murray
12.6%
Juan Martin del Potro
34.4%
Robin Soderling
10.5%
* Total votes: 381

Share with your friends

Tennis fans and analysts have long been pondering this tantalizing question: Who is the next challenger of the Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal stranglehold on the sport? Notice the question, I put the "next challenger." For there have been challengers but they seem to come-and-go, never fully making a huge impact.

So far, the main contenders have been Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Juan Martin delPotro, and now, Robin Soderling. Djokovic and Murray are currently suffering from lost confidence, del Potro out with a wrist injury (he probably won't come back until after the U.S. Open). While Robin Soderling has been slightly up-and-down, despite recently reaching the final of the French Open, upsetting Federer along the way.

Countless times we appeared to have seen the "breakthrough player" playing his "breakthrough match." Djokovic-Federer 2008 Australian Open (W), Murray-Gasquet2008 Wimbledon (W), del Potro-Federer 2009 French Open (L), and Soderling-Nadal 2009 French Open (W).

Although I believe Federer will be similar to Andre Agassi in his later years, he'd still be at the top. And Nadal is still at his prime, aged only 24, there still seems to be a lack of challengers. Sure, there are still some upsets in tournaments. Sure, there are some men that can play and beat the two, but not consistently. Sure, del Potro beat Federer at the U.S. Open final. And sure, Soderling defeated Nadal at the French Open. Despite all of these "sure's" who is to say one of these men will cede the power of the duo.

Roger Federer has been ranked World No. 1 seemingly since time started, only once dethroned of it by Nadal for about a year between mid-2008 through mid-2009. Federer will once again be deprived of his No. 1 ranking by Nadal, again, but will still be ranked No. 2. And only for a brief period was Nadal out of the Top 2, but at that time he was suffering from injuries, and amazingly, still ranked No. 3.

In my eyes, del Potro seems the most likely competition for Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, but who knows? He will probably suffer from more injuries later on in his flourishing career. Soderling seems to have peaked at the Majors. He seemed to have suffered a mid-season slump (like Federer), during the European clay season, but managed to put it together at Roland Garros, reaching the final for the second consecutive year, only to lose to Nadal.

Novak Djokovic is a difficult case. He sure has the talent, but his breathing problems and many other problems limit him. Novak has retired from quite a few of his matches, especially at majors, and sometimes blows huge leads to much lesser players, such as at the French Open quarters to Melzer.

Andy Murray is subject to immense amounts of pressure, especially at Major semis and finals. He has even extra unwanted weight on his shoulders at his home Grand Slam, Wimbledon. Also, his game needs some fine-tuning, such as improving his forehand, which is only used as means to block the ball back to his opponent. Murray's serve is quite fast, but not placed well. As Federer said before their championship match-up at this year's Australian Open, Federer said something about how the aggressive player will usually win over a defensive player in a match.

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal also have what only champions have, supreme mental toughness and consistency. They also seem to peak at the right times, at Majors and Masters. (More so Nadal over Federer at Masters.) This dynamic duo always seem to step up the gear during pressure points, and usually manage to escape with the win. In addition to this, both Federer and Nadal are quite good on all three surfaces, shown by their excellence in the Majors, and the Masters.

Even though these two greats might have a losing record against Djokovic, Murray, del Potro, or Soderling, the two usually win the matches when something huge is on the line. Robin Soderling and Andy Murray also have an unwanted record to their names: Losing their first two Grand Slam finals in straight sets.

After a long awaited time, I think that the time will come to see who will be the next contender for the honorable position. Who knows? Maybe it won't be one of the other four. It will be very fascinating to see how this competition will unravel.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #3019
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Novak Djokovic is a difficult case. He sure has the talent, but his breathing problems and many other problems limit him. Novak has retired from quite a few of his matches, especially at majors, and sometimes blows huge leads to much lesser players, such as at the French Open quarters to Melzer.
Totally agree with that,unfortunately."sigh"
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #3020
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

The Rest
By Steve Tignor
06/09/2010 - 1:18 PM

Ar Yes, a Grand Slam is all about the champions in the end. But because every player at the top of the sport gears his or her season around the four majors, these events also serve as convenient benchmarks. They tell us where each player stands in his 2010 campaign for global dominance. Before we follow the pros into the next segment of the tour—think clouds, drizzle, chalk, serves, maybe a volley or two—let’s take a last look back toward Paris and rate some of the less-historic performances that we witnessed there.

Jurgen Melzer

The aging Austrian was the tournament’s bearded Cinderella. He pummeled David Ferrer, survived Novak Djokovic, and gave Nadal his only (minor) scare of the tournament in the third set of their semifinal. It took a decade, but Melzer finally put two of the finest shots in pro tennis—his two-handed backhand drive and his drop shot from the same side—to good use. He’d make an interesting addition to the upper echelon of the game, but I’m not counting on seeing him scale these heights again. A

Jelena Jankovic

For the first 12 days she showed us her strengths: movement, consistency, press conferences, ability to handle multiple racquet bags on court. And then we saw her fatal weakness—power—in the semis against Stosur. A-

Nadia Petrova

Some of the gutsiest tennis we’ve seen from her, in beating Rezai, and some of the most devastating, in beating Venus Williams. Then she lost. B+

Maria Sharapova

She went down, fist clenched, to four-time champion Justine Henin after having her on the ropes in the third set. Still, the way Sharapova got there, by digging herself out of a deep early hole, was a feat of pure willpower. This might, maybe, could be, the tournament that makes her feel like a contender again. B+

Nicolas Almagro

This major but long-misdirected talent has looked better and more focused than ever over the last two events. Two tiebreakers against Rafa can be claimed as a moral victory. Too bad there aren’t more clay events in the immediate future. B+

Aravane Rezai

An energizing run was topped by what I think was my favorite moment of the tournament. I say “think” because I’m not sure it happened. When Nadia Petrova reached match point for the first time against Rezai, she choked to the point where her second serve barely reached the net. The crowd went nuts and in the mayhem I thought I saw Rezai pound her heart, as if she’d just shown the world what she was made of. Hilarious, and even if it didn’t happen, Rezai was so theatrical at this tournament that it might as well have. B+

Roger Federer

Is this a blip or the beginning of the end? If it’s the latter, the end may take a while to reach. OK, Federer didn’t make the semis of a Slam for the time since 2004. He made the quarters. At his worst major. And he lost to last year’s finalist. That said, there is one mini-trend to mention: Along with the 2009 U.S. Open final, this was the second time in three Slams that a younger, taller opponent overpowered Federer. The men’s game isn’t going to get shorter, or older, or less powerful, anytime soon. B

Novak Djokovic

Considering his allergies and off-and-on preparation, a quarterfinal finish wasn’t a bad result. But considering that he was up two sets to love against Jurgen Melzer in that round, it will be remembered as another inexplicable disappointment. He still gives you plenty of entertainment value, but thinking about this loss and his physical problems at the last Slam, in Melbourne, you might just begin to get the feeling, even at 23, that the prime of his Grand Slam career is starting to pass him by. B

Serena Williams

A surprising slip from the queen of confidence. With the best chance she may ever have at another French Open, and with it a calendar-year Slam, staring her in the face, and with a makeable passing shot that would have completed yet another improbable comeback, over Stosur, she missed by an inch. B

Justine Henin

Was she just not ready yet? Was she looking ahead to Wimbledon? Was she beaten by a better player, Sam Stosur, on the day? I thought Henin lost because at some point in the third set she lost her backhand. She got tight enough that she suddenly couldn’t hit her signature shot—it went away; it happens. By the final game, it was a meek and abbreviated shadow of its usual glorious self. What this means for the future is impossible to say, but now Henin knows it can happen, which is never a good thing. B-

Andy Murray

The Brits—by whom I mean Murray and Tim Henman—don’t quite know what to do with the French Open. How seriously should they take it, how much should they put into it, right before things get nuts at Wimbledon? Henman was so loose one year that he made it all the way to the semifinals in Paris. Murray has a game that, in its bedrock consistency, can work on clay, though his lack of a putaway forehand will likely keep him from taking home a French title. This year he was a victim of his draw—a five-set first-rounder with Richard Gasquet on a hot day—and rain, which forced him to play a lot of tennis in a very short amount of time. He worked hard and ended up playing as well as he has since the Australian Open. But by the second week he was burnt, and had little to offer in resistance to Tomas Berdych. It was time to let the insanity begin. B-

Andy Roddick

No, Roddick’s preparation wasn’t ideal. He skipped Rome to go on a second honeymoon (if Federer had done the same thing and then lost to Soderling, he would have been burned in effigy by us press types) and then got sick in Madrid. By now, though, Andy’s issues on clay aren’t going to be solved in one tournament. As his loss to Gabashvili showed, his strokes aren’t constructed for today’s power-dirtball game. It’s a weird thing to say for a guy known for power, but, as Roddick himself said, he doesn’t swing big enough. B-

Sam Querrey

He bolted town early, saying he was tired of competing and tired of the road. On the one hand, it’s a little like going AWOL from your job—you might be tempted, but you know it doesn’t work like that. On the other hand, he can’t be the first pro tennis player to feel that way. Credit him for honesty, if not tenacity. C-

Gael Monfils

He had no answers to Fabio Fognini, which cannot be a heartening development for anyone who believes he has a Slam in him some day. D+

Dinara Safina

She may just want to bail on this tournament next time. Safina followed up her memorable meltdown in last year’s final with, if anything, an even more cringe-worthy opening-round collapse to 39-year-old Kimiko Date-Krumm. Safina led by a break in each of the last two sets, but by the end she couldn’t put a ground stroke in the court. Her piercing eyes often communicate determination; this time all you could see in them was a fierce vulnerability. D

Grass chat soon.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #3021
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Another Novak radio interview recorded between his singles match and before his doubles(which he won 7-6,4-6,10-3).Don't ask me what it's about,it's still loading nice and slowly with my dial up
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/simon-mayo/(under most recent shows)
According to a media guy on twitter,before Nole's interview,they played ACDC's Thunderstruck.Novak liked and started jumping around the locker room playing air guitar until he saw Muzza sitting down(alone I'm thinking ) and ran over and put the phone(playing the song) up to his ear

He's such a big kid

Last edited by Amber Spyglass : 06-09-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #3022
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another Novak radio interview recorded between his singles match and before his doubles(which he won 7-6,4-6,10-3).Don't ask me what it's about,it's still loading nice and slowly with my dial up
According to a media guy on twitter,before Nole's interview,they played ACDC's Thunderstruck.Novak liked and started jumping around the locker room playing air guitar until he saw Muzza sitting down(alone I'm thinking ) and ran over and put the phone(playing the song) up to his ear

He's such a big kid
Cute Poor Murray needs more friends maybe if he becomes slightly less cocky
A summary of the interview (if you have time) would be much appreciated
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #3023
country flag Nole fan

Quote:

He's such a big kid
Which show it is? there are many... thanks.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:03 AM   #3024
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Players for 2010

Players appearing at The 2010 Boodles Challenge (15th to 19th June) include:

Philipp Kohlschreiber
German No. 1
2009 Boodles Challenge Champion

Nikolay Davydenko
Current World No. 5

David Nalbandian
Wimbledon Finalist

Gilles Simon
Former Top 10
Current World No. 32

Gael Monfils
Current World No. 15

Novak Djokovic
Current World No. 3
Australian Open Winner
US Open Finalist

Fernando Verdasco
Current World No. 9

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Current World No. 10
Australian Open Finalist

Juan Monaco
Current World No. 25

Victor Hanescu
Current World No. 37

Ernests Gulbis
Current World No. 28

Nole is playing Boodle exhibition on next week
minh is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #3025
country flag pica_pica

Nice, more practice before Wimby!

That's all I ask of you.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #3026
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Which show it is? there are many... thanks.
Just click on the 9th of june,show,his interview is around 1:41 into the show

Thanks Alber for posting
Old 06-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #3027
country flag Noleta

Serbian Woes: Grass Won't Do Them Any Good

When you think of tennis, many countries may come to mind. There is Russia, the United States, Belgium, Denmark, and, of course, Serbia.

Serbia currently has three good players: Novak Djokovic, Jelena Jankovic, and Ana Ivanovic. Novak Djokovic is the current No. 3, while Jankovic is the World No. 4. Go down, down, down the ranks and Ana Ivanovic is there at No. 46.

All of these players are currently struggling with their form. Novak Djokovic lacks mental toughness; Jankovic still lacks the confidence, and Ana Ivanovic is suffering from the same problem as Jankovic, along with technical problems.

Although Djokovic's and Jankovic's ranking might not prove so, they both are struggling mentally and could plummet down the rankings as Ivanovic has done. Djokovic just recently dropped a two-sets-to-love lead at the French Open to a player ranked approximately 20 places lower than him.

Jelena Jankovic was dumped by Samantha Stosur at Roland Garros, winning only three games. Meanwhile, Ana Ivanovic is still suffering with her serve, once one of the best on the tour, and confidence.

It seemed like she was back on the way to the top after reaching the semifinals in Rome, but was ousted in the second round.

It is unfortunate for the Serbian trio that their recent struggles will likely continue in this European grass-court swing. Neither of the three particularly enjoys playing on grass. Even though Djokovic reached the semis here and is quite good on grass, and Ivanovic excels on any surface if she is confident, their current games right now just won't make the cut.

It is a disappointment to not only themselves, but the fans, to see such talented players not live up to their full potential. I pray that these tennis professionals will live up to their dreams and become true champions.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-them-any-good
Old 06-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #3028
country flag Nole fan

So much doom and gloom is infecting me.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 06-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #3029
country flag jeremda01

jeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond repute

krajinovic will join them late next year i reckon.
jeremda01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #3030
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremda01 View Post
krajinovic will join them late next year i reckon.
I think too,
minh is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread