Novak News!! - Page 199 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #2971
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTennis View Post
I'm glad that Nole wants to be aggressive and not defensive. Very glad.

Something the commentators said really bothered me. They said there was lockeroom talk that Nole expected his matches to become easy and his opponents to roll over and die for him after he'd won the 2008 AO. What rubbish! I don't believe Nole would ever be arrogant like that!
I don't believe that crap, commentators have their heads under their legs most of the times and they don't have that access to the locker room talk. Anyway Nole used to be more arrogant in 2007-2008 (for lack of a better word, I don't mean arrogant in a bad way) when he thought he could beat both Fed and Nadal and become nº 1, which was the right thinking. He had that hunger back then that i don't see today and this is bad. Today he looks more contented being nº3. It's like he has accepted the dominance of both Fed and Nadal and thinks he doesn't belong there in their kingdom. But I think that anyone who has seen Nole play before will agree that he has the quality of game to be there and it bugs me that he doesn't believe that anymore. I think Nole's problem is all in his head. He's had many ups and downs since 2007 and he has learnt lessons that only come with age and experience and he has realised that being at the top and belonging there is maybe more difficult that initially thought. But he needs to believe again that he can do better than that, that he can really become nº1.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #2972
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Something the commentators said really bothered me. They said there was lockeroom talk that Nole expected his matches to become easy and his opponents to roll over and die for him after he'd won the 2008 AO. What rubbish! I don't believe Nole would ever be arrogant like that!
Well,if your commies are anthing like ours,they say the most retarded,uninformed sh*t.There's too much respect out there for commies,because there is loads of stuff they have said that I know from forums,interviews etc. is for a fact false.Just the other day that mope Greg Rudsedski rambled on about how Nole is no longer focused on his tennis,he has other priorities away from tennis now such as playing parts in King Aleksandar and Iron Man 2.They even had a chuckle at the King Aleksandar bit,as if to say arrogant Djokovic,that would be right up his alley playing the "King of Serbia" .Djokovic turned both roles down without too much fuss because tennis was his priortiy,but Greg obviously didn't hang around for that irrelevant piece of information.Another thing,Djokovic would have been crucified for lack of committment etc. if he had done that Shakira video like Nadal,you just know it.

I certainly don't believe that bs.People often get that impression especially back then,because he exuded a sort of cocky confidence.I really feel he is misunderstood a lot,even by other players.True he probably thought he was straight on his way to No. 1 after winning AO(didn't we all ) but that was just a huge confidence in the way he himself was playing and he felt he had the ability to beat anyone at evey tournament week in week out,it's not to do with them rolling over for him.Plus I have often found from experience that when commies say that "they heard about it or heard talk of it in the lockeroom" it's usually just to give credibilty to their feeble story...
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #2973

Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I don't believe that crap, commentators have their heads under their legs most of the times and they don't have that access to the locker room talk. Anyway Nole used to be more arrogant in 2007-2008 (for lack of a better word, I don't mean arrogant in a bad way) when he thought he could beat both Fed and Nadal and become nº 1, which was the right thinking. He had that hunger back then that i don't see today and this is bad. Today he looks more contented being nº3. It's like he has accepted the dominance of both Fed and Nadal and thinks he doesn't belong there in their kingdom. But I think that anyone who has seen Nole play before will agree that he has the quality of game to be there and it bugs me that he doesn't believe that anymore. I think Nole's problem is all in his head. He's had many ups and downs since 2007 and he has learnt lessons that only come with age and experience and he has realised that being at the top and belonging there is maybe more difficult that initially thought. But he needs to believe again that he can do better than that, that he can really become nº1.
I don't agree with this,I think his aim is still very much to be number one and that he has as much desire as he ever had.In my opinion his problem is confidence.When he sits back and thinks about it I'm sure he believes he can be No. 1 but when it comes to the big match situations,the confidence isn't always there as before.Confidence and desire aren't the same thing but when somebody sees someone confident and assured of themselves,it can sometimes appear as if they have more desire/hunger but this isn't neccessarily the case at all
Old 06-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #2974
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Was watching ES this morning,and they were talking about the RG results,according to the pundit,Djokovic is yet to win a slamI nearly spit my coffee out

Last edited by Noleta : 06-01-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Noleta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #2975
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Bad newsFormer Djokovic bodyguard,has died.

http://www.kurir-info.rs/vesti/polit...vica-36224.php
Old 06-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #2976
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
Bad newsFormer Djokovic bodyguard,has died.

http://www.kurir-info.rs/vesti/polit...vica-36224.php
He was so young - RIP

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #2977
country flag Noleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
He was so young - RIP
And so gorgeousTo his wife and daughter
Old 06-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #2978
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember who he is though, that's terrible news.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #2979
country flag Noleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
I can't remember who he is though, that's terrible news.
He was with him in 2007 i thinkJust hope this news won't affect him tomorrow
Old 06-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #2980
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then no way I've ever seen him.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #2981
country flag Noleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Then no way I've ever seen him.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #2982
country flag Florida

Florida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond reputeFlorida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was my exact thought!!! Knowing Nole he must be very touched by the news........
Florida is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #2983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida View Post
That was my exact thought!!! Knowing Nole he must be very touched by the news........
Considering he apparantly shot himself in the head,not the best mental preparation...

Anyway RIP
Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #2984
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Ajde for tomorrow Novak

And about the bodyguard. Hope his family is able to bear through the pain
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #2985
country flag zlaja777

zlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond repute

Q. When you were up 2 0 in the third set, not many people would have expected that you gonna lose that match. What is the reason for that? What do you think?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I want to congratulate him first. I think he played really well in the last three sets.
But I made a big mistake, you know, there. I made him come back into the match with my unforced errors, and then he caught the momentum and he was playing really well, especially on his service games.
Yeah, I'm very disappointed, obviously, to lose the match that I was in control of totally a set and a break. This is tennis, you know. This is Grand Slams. You always have to play up to the end, because these things happen, especially at this stage of tournament.

Q. Your passing shot on the last game, was it touching the line for you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: We can talk about this. If it was, it was. I don't know, really.
From my side and from my perspective, it was looking good. There was no space between the line and the mark, and that means the ball is good.
I don't know why the chair umpire got that decision. And there was another ball on 4 All, my advantage, as well, and the ball was out. But, you know, this is all part of the sport. What can you do?
Sometimes you have to be lucky as well with the calls.

Q. Do you know that Hawk Eye showed your passing shot was good, just barely? Did anybody tell you that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: What can I say? Should I complain or what? I don't know. This is life.

Q. During the last two sets we saw you very often looking across the net at your opponent and shaking your head. Can you tell us what you were thinking about in those moments?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No.

Q. Were you wondering about how your opponent was playing?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I said I don't want to speak about it. Next question, please.

Q. To get back to the line call and Hawk Eye, you said, What can you do? Well, you are a member of the player council, and as a player on the council, you could suggest to the Grand Slams that Hawk Eye is adopted on clay as it is anywhere else.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I don't think there is any sense on getting Hawk Eye on clay courts. You can see the mark. I mean, for somebody there is a chair umpire and so many years and years experience, and to make such a mistake at that point is unbelievable, you know.
I mean, I don't know what was going on with him, but the ball was looking good from everywhere. Even on the TV you could see it was good. So, yeah, I mean, I can't blame him for losing this match, of course. That's one call.
Maybe that call came in my favor and maybe I would break him on that that game would be Love 30 and he would feel a little pressure. But I should have done my job earlier. That's definitely my fault, and I paid the consequences.

Q. What do you think the biggest difference is in Jurgen maybe from a year or two ago? He's not a young player, but he seems to have improved, especially in his toughness mentally.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: He's definitely a good player. I didn't expect an easy match today. I was very surprised with the way I was playing for two and a half sets. I was really aggressive and didn't make a lot of unforced errors and putting a lot of returns back.
But then, you know, I backed up a little bit and he used it. He started making much less unforced errors, and he was very aggressive using his serve very good. He definitely is a quality player.
What can I say else? I wish him good luck to the end.

Q. Concerning good luck, he will need good luck and a lot of good shots against Nadal. What do you think? Does he have a chance?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Everybody has a chance against everybody. Look, I mean, it's semifinals. For him it's first time. He doesn't have anything to lose, so Nadal is favored, but that's it.

Q. I know it's very difficult to feel positive on a day like this, Novak, but another Grand Slam is quickly around the corner. Do you think that's a good thing you, that you have a big, big tournament to concentrate on straightaway?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, I don't know what I'm thinking in this moment, because disappointment after the match that I was supposed to win. So I'm not thinking about I'm not thinking about Wimbledon in this moment.
Tomorrow is a new day, so I guess this is not the first time I have this feeling. I will have to overcome it in order to get ready.

zlaja777 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread