Novak News!! - Page 109 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #1621
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,795
arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Nope, losing #4 looks quite impossible, girls.

I mean, we're not that desperate.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #1622
country flag Noleta
Registered User
 
Noleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Love Carpet
Posts: 35,465
Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Nope, losing #4 looks quite impossible, girls.

I mean, we're not that desperate.
Nothing is impossible this year
Noleta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #1623
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
But you always wants your player to do well and keep on improving losing his 3rd place was his own doing yes Murray had a great year and still going strong but if it wasn't for Novak's disastrous end and start of the year he would still be 3 and that hurts
Personally all I want is my player to be happy And if that means he is lower ranked and thus has less pressure and expectation upon him, then that's fine by me. I always mention Nalbandian here - terrific under-achiever, - probably should have been in the Top 3 and won at least a couple of Grand Slams - but he preferred a "quieter life" with a lower ranking and more time to spend with his rally cars and football etc and if he's happy then that's cool. And if Nole ends up a happy, unpressurised Number 10, - then I'll be equally happy
__________________
AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #1624
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,795
arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
Nothing is impossible this year
I'd say Nole losing his #5 position this year is as possible as him winning every single tournament from now on.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #1625
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,795
arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
Personally all I want is my player to be happy And if that means he is lower ranked and thus has less pressure and expectation upon him, then that's fine by me. I always mention Nalbandian here - terrific under-achiever, - probably should have been in the Top 3 and won at least a couple of Grand Slams - but he preferred a "quieter life" with a lower ranking and more time to spend with his rally cars and football etc and if he's happy then that's cool. And if Nole ends up a happy, unpressurised Number 10, - then I'll be equally happy
Thing is Rosie, and do not disagree with me on this one because you know I am right: Nole is not happy as #7 or #8 in the world and he definitely does not think like Nalbandian.

Nole's happiness totally depends on his performances, and in his case, Happy Nole = Nole with title / reaching later stages of major tournaments = Nole with high rankings.

arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #1626
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Thing is Rosie, and do not disagree with me on this one because you know I am right: Nole is not happy as #7 or #8 in the world and he definitely does not think like Nalbandian.

Nole's happiness totally depends on his performances, and in his case, Happy Nole = Nole with title / reaching later stages of major tournaments = Nole with high rankings.

Actually I don't agree with you at all I don't think Nole's happiness is defined by his tennis ranking at all. He's not some kind of tennis robot who thinks only of tennis matches and practicing all the time - he's a very well-rounded person who loves his football, his golf, his opera, his family, his music ( ), learning new languages, meeting new people, reading, getting somewhat involved in politics and social issues etc. And I feel as long as he has his family, and Jelena and his friends and enough to occupy his mind, then those are the things that make him happy
__________________
AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #1627
country flag Noleta
Registered User
 
Noleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Love Carpet
Posts: 35,465
Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Thing is Rosie, and do not disagree with me on this one because you know I am right: Nole is not happy as #7 or #8 in the world and he definitely does not think like Nalbandian.

Nole's happiness totally depends on his performances, and in his case, Happy Nole = Nole with title / reaching later stages of major tournaments = Nole with high rankings.

Yep
Noleta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #1628
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,795
arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
Actually I don't agree with you at all I don't think Nole's happiness is defined by his tennis ranking at all. He's not some kind of tennis robot who thinks only of tennis matches and practicing all the time - he's a very well-rounded person who loves his football, his golf, his opera, his family, his music ( ), learning new languages, meeting new people, reading, getting somewhat involved in politics and social issues etc. And I feel as long as he has his family, and Jelena and his friends and enough to occupy his mind, then those are the things that make him happy
You got it all wrong. Of course it doesn't ONLY depends on his tennis.

But hey, do you actually think he'd be happy by the end of the year if by then he'd fallen down the ranking like a rocket? He ceratinly would not.

From very early in his career he have heard him say that his career goal was "to become the world #1 one day" and eventhough I don't think he'd be unhappy if he never reached that, I am quite sure he wouldn't be happy at all if the best in his career had already happened and now was all down the hill.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #1629
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You got it all wrong. Of course it doesn't ONLY depends on his tennis.

But hey, do you actually think he'd be happy by the end of the year if by then he'd fallen down the ranking like a rocket? He ceratinly would not.

From very early in his career he have heard him say that his career goal was "to become the world #1 one day" and eventhough I don't think he'd be unhappy if he never reached that, I am quite sure he wouldn't be happy at all if the best in his career had already happened and now was all down the hill.
Everyone says that is the career goal If you don't believe in yourself and aim high, then what's the point? But I honestly don't think that if he fell a few places but was feeling healthy and heppy, he would be that bothered - it would just give him something to aim for to climb back up next year
__________________
AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #1630
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,795
arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
Everyone says that is the career goal If you don't believe in yourself and aim high, then what's the point? But I honestly don't think that if he fell a few places but was feeling healthy and heppy, he would be that bothered - it would just give him something to aim for to climb back up next year
You're missing my point.

Falling down is ALWAYS a motivation for an optimistic.. and you know that i know what I am talking about. But that doesn't mean it's all pink! Nope, you get damn sad. And he would, and this sadness would the the extra motivation to fight back.

So my questions is: do you think he'd be a happy person if from now on was all going down the rankings? Nope, he wouldn't.

Nole's happiness does depends on his good results for now.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #1631
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You're missing my point.

Falling down is ALWAYS a motivation for an optimistic.. and you know that i know what I am talking about. But that doesn't mean it's all pink! Nope, you get damn sad. And he would, and this sadness would the the extra motivation to fight back.

So my questions is: do you think he'd be a happy person if from now on was all going down the rankings? Nope, he wouldn't.

Nole's happiness does depends on his good results for now.
I think we can agree to disagree here
__________________
AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #1632
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,795
arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

I love disagreeing.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #1633
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I love disagreeing.
I don't - too much like hard work The easy way is for more comfortable.
__________________
AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #1634
country flag kalisita
Registered User
 
kalisita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,095
kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

I didn't realize how close Del Potro could possibly be if he does well here. Sucks. So many points with this new ranking system. And to make it worse he'll lose points from Queens no matter what happens since Halle is only worth 250 and he has 310 from being Queens finalist. DelPo has a 0 counted for Queens last year.
kalisita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-31-2009, 01:57 AM   #1635
country flag ellewoods
Registered User
 
ellewoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,384
ellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

wow I can't believe we're worrying about Delpo here NOT POSSIBLE GIRLS. Just not. I refuse to believe it until Delpo can show consistency against the big guys
ellewoods is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios