The "We are all attempting to learn Serbian" practice thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "We are all attempting to learn Serbian" practice thread

It's come to my attention that I'm not the only one attempting to learn Serbian who posts in this forum, so I figured this thread could be a place where we could practice talking to each other and attempting to have conversations in Serbian. It would probably be hard and awkward at first, but it could be a good way to at least practice with another person. My problem is that if I'm reading phrases or words online trying to teach myself, I have no one to practice with.

Anyway, if everyone thinks this is a crazy idea this thread can just fade away into oblivion... but if not... it could be fun and helpful... and if the people who can speak Serbian wanted to help us along too, that would be great.

I feel crazy right now though so I'm going to stop

I really wish they made audio tapes, but I haven't found those yet.

Last edited by Jessebel : 02-27-2006 at 10:48 PM.
savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
country flag Anne-Claire

Anne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "We are all attempting to learn Serbian" practice thread

Hey!

I TOTALLY agree with you!
I've started learning 2 days ago... I even bought a book for that , but French is so different from Serbian language that It will take me many years before understanding a real talk in Serbian!Even learning Chinese is easier for me...

But anyway, I'm quite motivated by this idea! I already know the basic words but I don't really know how to pronounce them, and that's a problem....lol

I just discovered Djoko one week ago when I was in Rotterdam, and look how crazy I am to start learning his difficult language LOL

Janko - Nenad - Ana

Visit my Novak's website >> www.noledjokovic.com

Last edited by Anne-Claire : 02-27-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Anne-Claire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
country flag disturb3d

disturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond reputedisturb3d has a reputation beyond repute

Although it's the only language in the world that spells like its pronounced, therefore making it the easiest to learn. I'd still recommend against learning it for the sake of tennis/Novak.
On top of that, the language will die out within a decade.
disturb3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
country flag Anne-Claire

Anne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond reputeAnne-Claire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturb3d
Although it's the only language in the world that spells like its pronounced
Not really easy for me as there are sounds and letters and accents that we don't have in French so I have to check how to pronounce it!
My goal is not to become fluent in Serbian but to learn some usual and basic sentences and try to pronounce it the right way!

Janko - Nenad - Ana

Old 02-27-2006, 11:24 PM   #5
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Although it's the only language in the world that spells like its pronounced, therefore making it the easiest to learn. I'd still recommend against learning it for the sake of tennis/Novak.

Why would you recommend against learning it? We want to and I think anyone who WANTS to learn any language should never be discouraged.

Last edited by Jessebel : 02-27-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
country flag _pyromatic

_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to learn Serbian but I'll check in here a lot to see how ya'll are going. Good luck!
Quote:
Why do you say that?

"Truth is great and will prevail if left to itself."
_pyromatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:47 AM   #7
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
Why would you recommend against learning it? We want to and I think anyone who WANTS to learn any language should never be discouraged.
Except when you already know a few languages that you can sort of understand but is far from being fluent and think about picking a new one just for the heck of it. like me.

I don't intend to learn serbian but the thread title kinda caught my eye--not everyday people decide to learn a language that's not as wide spread as french or spanish, for ex. .
for the enthusiasm! Forums are the best for that kind of thing.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:21 AM   #8
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki
Except when you already know a few languages that you can sort of understand but is far from being fluent and think about picking a new one just for the heck of it. like me.

I don't intend to learn serbian but the thread title kinda caught my eye--not everyday people decide to learn a language that's not as wide spread as french or spanish, for ex. .
for the enthusiasm! Forums are the best for that kind of thing.

Well thanks for the support!

I have a knack for deciding to learn languages that aren't French and Spanish. In high school I picked German... which is more useful than the Italian I studied while in university

I keep going down to less and less spoken languages.

Old 02-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #9
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

belco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

what a tool... its not like they are going to be speaking fluent Serbian....
im sure people just would like to know the General everyday words when they hear coming cheering nole on they might have a clue whats going on....

you negative comments are not needed... go elsewhere
belco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:34 AM   #10
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by belco
what a tool... its not like they are going to be speaking fluent Serbian....
im sure people just would like to know the General everyday words when they hear coming cheering nole on they might have a clue whats going on....

you negative comments are not needed... go elsewhere

Exactly. And maybe the next time he has a chat we would like to know what is going on after they kick the English speakers out. Basic stuff.

Or at least belco would like me to learn enough so that during the next chat I am not annoying him going "BELCOOOOOOOOOO WHAT IS HE SAYING????? WHY ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT MARIO? I SEE THE ROLLING STONES? WHAT IS HE SAYING!!!!!!!!!!" Because I'm sure that was fun last time

Old 02-28-2006, 05:40 AM   #11
country flag Novak Dj

Novak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond reputeNovak Dj has a reputation beyond repute

So when we start with Serbian lessons?

Maybe now.

First word could be ajde - that means c`mon. Ajde Nole means c`mon Nole
Novak Dj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:42 AM   #12
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Dj
So when we start with Serbian lessons?

Maybe now.

First word could be ajde - that means c`mon. Ajde Nole means c`mon Nole

Oooh I have an idea! As we learn new words/phrases I can edit the first post and that way we can have a list of all the things we learn

Thanks for starting things off, btw. I think everyone liked my idea except disturb3d.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #13
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

belco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
Exactly. And maybe the next time he has a chat we would like to know what is going on after they kick the English speakers out. Basic stuff.

Or at least belco would like me to learn enough so that during the next chat I am not annoying him going "BELCOOOOOOOOOO WHAT IS HE SAYING????? WHY ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT MARIO? I SEE THE ROLLING STONES? WHAT IS HE SAYING!!!!!!!!!!" Because I'm sure that was fun last time
exactly but you didnt annoy me so its ok... any1 else i would have told them to fcuk... or maybe im too nice to do that
Old 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
country flag Anne-Claire

Im ready! BTW, the idea of editing the first post with new sentence is great!

I was a foreign languages student at Uni, so I speak french (of course), English and Spanish! And now I want to learn a brand new one that is "less common spoken"

I know for Adje Nole but How do you pronounce it?

Moreover for "Thank You" which is Hvala (do you pronounce the H?)

Last question, does the croatian look like serbian language?

Janko - Nenad - Ana

Old 02-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #15
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Claire
Im ready! BTW, the idea of editing the first post with new sentence is great!

I was a foreign languages student at Uni, so I speak french (of course), English and Spanish! And now I want to learn a brand new one that is "less common spoken"

I know for Adje Nole but How do you pronounce it?

Moreover for "Thank You" which is Hvala (do you pronounce the H?)

Last question, does the croatian look like serbian language?
firstly its AJDE not adje

its pronounces

AyDe