Bouncing Back - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2004, 08:52 PM   #1
country flag i love paradorn

i love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bouncing Back

Let's all forget this year, and look forward to the next, shall we?

http://nationmultimedia.com/2004/10/..._15085392.html
i love paradorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #2
country flag loner1984

loner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bouncing Back

Great article, ILP. It's comforting to know that Ball still wants to compete and his desire is still there. I hope he has a great off season and rejuvinate and strengthen his body. Thanks for the article.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:04 AM   #3

i love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond reputei love paradorn has a reputation beyond repute

Is he finally going to cut down on claycourt tournaments, like the article said he would? Even if he does, it will probably be just one tournament (IS). He wouldn't opt out of the TMS and RG. I wish he would cut down on other tournaments. He's one of the players who plays the most on the entire tour. No wonder he called for a personal trainer. He couldn't keep his form the entire year if he didn't.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:42 AM   #4
country flag loner1984

loner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond reputeloner1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a list of tournaments that I wish he would just drop next year:
1) Open 13: Marseille (IS) - Indoor
2) BMW Open: Munich (IS) - Clay
3) MBenz: Los Angeles (IS) - Hard
4) Davidoff Swiss: Basel (IS) - Indoor

His year would be much easier with the rest from taking off 1 month of competition.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:19 PM   #5

Yup loner, I agree, one tournament each from spring hardcourt and clay, one from summer hardcourt, and one from fall season. He should not play any tournaments right after grand slams.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:43 AM   #6
country flag loner1984

Currently he has a load of 29-30 tournaments, so if he can cut down 4 or 5 or even 6 at the most, his body will hold up much better. Good luck against Nalbandian tomorrow. Give it your all BON.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:39 PM   #7

You know what, maybe he shouldn't even play a clay tms event, that way he could have one more extra tournament (probably hardcourt) that can actually count toward his entry ranking points. Instead of using the best of 5, he could have best of 6 tournaments.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:06 AM   #8
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute

No No it's too much. He won't do that. But now he said he would play less on clay next year. That's what he should have done for a long time. ANother thing I want to see is his improved tournament schedule. If you notice, you will see that he chose to play in tournaments that give the biggest amount of money or tournaments in which high ranked players participate. That's good for his earnings but not good for his rankings. Look at this week tournament in Basel for example. Last year he played in Stockholm but lost in the first round. So he changed plan to Switzerland and lost again in the very first round moreover he was unseeded for the first time in a while.

I don't get what was on his mind. He should have played in Stockholm or in St.Peterburg. That would be a better choice because all the big names mostly participated in Swiss Indoor. And he could lose his points and confidence at the same time as he may face top rank player like Roger in the first round when you are unseeded. I really like the way Roger and Andre choose to play through out the year. They are very professional. And Paradorn should learn from them.

- Evgeny - GiLLeS - GRiGoR - RiCaRDaS -

Graf & Norman FOREVER

Last edited by Toppu : 10-30-2004 at 06:17 AM.
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:46 AM   #9

Good idea Toppu, but to increase his ranking, he needs to play higher-money tournaments because those tournaments give out much more points than smaller tournaments. Well, actually, this week, he could have played St.Petersburg because it's the same money as Basel, and the field was weaker. But I didn't think he wanted to travel from St.Petersburg to Paris. It's farther than if it was from Basel. But still, playing smaller tournaments against weaker opponents should increase his confidence. And seeing as his confidence is slow, i say, go ahead and play smaller tournaments... but don't play to the point of burning out. That's the motive for top-ranked players when choosing schedules. Paradorn should just take it one tourney at a time. Worry about what's important for you: money, rankings, or confidence?
Old 12-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #10
country flag yevvi

yevvi is on a distinguished road

Paradorn chooses too much events at the year. I hope he will decrease his events next year.Paradorn is lack of confident now, especially in defeated by Andre Agassi in 2004 AO.He hurt his right ankle in the match.Whatever, he should improve his abilities, experiences and skills and footwork at clay.He had a good talent,more aggressive weapons, but he didn't have smart brain and all-around skills.

If paradorn lost to Andre Agass sets:1-3(6-4 3-6 4-6 2-6), it is a interesting game.he wasted 8 break points in 1st set.

IF he lost to [5]Andy Roddick in 4th Round at 2003 WIM of Central Court
4-6 6-3 3-6 2-6
IF he lost to [6]Lleyton Hewitt in 4th Round at 2003 USO of Arthur Ashe Stadium
6-4 2-6 4-6 2-6
IF he lost to [4]Andre Agassi in 4th Round at 2004 AO of Laver Arena
6-4 3-6 4-6 2-6

It must be a interest comparing.
[1]because he was a 12th, 11th,13th seeds in three conseuctive GrandSlams at the world, and met the most superior teachers and directors.
[2] Among of three matches' 4th set is 2-6.

Last edited by yevvi : 12-11-2004 at 01:31 AM.
yevvi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #11
country flag Agassi Fan

Agassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond repute

6-3 is the first set against Vliegen!

Tennis posters, photos, autograph to sell or swap.
www.gportal.hu/portal/posters
Soccer posters to sell or swap!!
www.gportal.hu/portal/nikesoccer
Agassi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:13 PM   #12
country flag loner1984

YAY! Paradorn actually won a doubles match with Rainer Schuettler. But they'll be playing Knowles and Nestor next...you can pretty much put that in the books. I hope Paradorn can beat Coria tomorrow. He'll have to be consistent. Good Luck BON!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #13
country flag helloworld40

helloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond reputehelloworld40 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!!!!! He beat Coria in an exciting affair: loosing first set badly 2-6, then winning in second set tie break 7-6(2), and securing one break in third set and holding serve to win it 6-3. He's finally beaten a top 10 opponent.

I hope this is the start of a turn around. He's next face either Lubicic or the winner of Pavel/Schalken in the quarterfinals. Lubicic could give him much trouble with his serves. I don't know enough about the games of Pavel/Scalken to comment but I believe Schalken has a mediocre serve which bodes well for Paradorn.

P-dorn all the way!!
helloworld40 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:31 AM   #14
jirobkk

jirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond repute

He played fantastic tennis last night. I think his game is improving a lot especially his slice BH and his serve.

To improve the ranking, I really want to see he beat top ten players again and again in TMS and GS (not in world series tournaments).

Well done Ball, hope you continue this impressive form throughout the year.
Jiro's Facebook
Jiro's Multiply Homepage

My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors
Congrats to (Ball)Paradorn, the 2002 Long Island Champion, 2002 Stockholm Champion, 2003 Chennai Champion, 2003 Long Island Champion, 2004 Nottingham Champion and many many more.......

Last edited by jirobkk : 02-17-2005 at 02:39 AM.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:19 AM   #15
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Paradorn!
He won two rounds in Rotterdam now... I hope he makes his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirobkk
To improve the ranking, I really want to see he beat top ten players again and again in TMS and GS (not in world series tournaments).
You got it right, Jiro!
In order to improve the ranking, for Paradorn, the same is true like for Kiefer as well: he has to do a better job in the "big events", TMS and Grand Slams.

If you look at Paradorn's ranking points, you see that his biggest TMS/Grand Slam result is a 3rd round of Madrid TMS and a 3rd round at the US Open last year.

So, there is some massive room left for improvement.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote