*~*~*~* Indoor Season *~*~*~* - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #46
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~*~*~* Indoor Season *~*~*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Yep. There are often very long posts, they speculate like crazy/too much about everything, post stats, ban girls who come because of "hormonal pulsions" very quicly etc... They're like a "nice sect"
Interesting but since there are lots of posts a day and i don't have the time to read them all and that's what i'd couldn't help to do if i'd visit more often i just force myself to go only once in a while like you...
I try not to go there too often otherwise, I might believe that Richard will without a doubt be a future #1 and win a lot of Grand Slams too.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2005, 10:10 AM   #47
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I try not to go there too often otherwise, I might believe that Richard will without a doubt be a future #1 and win a lot of Grand Slams too.
Well, that's not what the most of them are saying... They're all doing their best to find reasons to worry, find ways of improving his shots and attitude (because they know better, don't they?...), and analysing his matches, and suggesting that he should do this or that, and "will he be at the Masters?", "i think he shouldn't because he must use the off season to work on his fitness and rest" or "he should maybe if he can this year it will be his only opportunity" and it is interesting (there are very interesting subjects about French tennis etc...) but it goes on and on and on and that's too much speculation for me. My brain doesn't follow.
You can feel the pressure he could have when reading those posts. They're analysing every single moves of his...
Lots of hopes, lots of criticism (in the good neutral sense), lots of speculation, anticipation, scrutinazing, "adoration" threads too...

Last edited by delsa : 09-24-2005 at 10:14 AM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:19 AM   #48
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, that's not what the most of them are saying... They're all doing their best to find reasons to worry, find ways of improving his shots and attitude (because they know better, don't they?...), and analysing his matches, and suggesting that he should do this or that, and "will he be at the Masters?", "i think he shouldn't because he must use the off season to work on his fitness and rest" or "he should maybe if he can this year it will be his only opportunity" and it is interesting (there are very interesting subjects about French tennis etc...) but it goes on and on and on and that's too much speculation for me. My brain doesn't follow.
You can feel the pressure he could have when reading those posts. They're analysing every single moves of his...
Lots of hopes, lots of criticism (in the good neutral sense), lots of speculation, anticipation, scrutinazing, "adoration" threads too...
Yes. A lot of them are trying not to get their hopes up, but you can feel that a lot of them are expecting a lot from him. There's even a thread "Federer et Gasquet" or something like that. There are some who even think that Richard is at the stage Federer was a few years ago and will be #1 in a few years...

Maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be, but there's a lot more pressure on him in that forum as compared to on MTF.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #49
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. A lot of them are trying not to get their hopes up, but you can feel that a lot of them are expecting a lot from him. There's even a thread "Federer et Gasquet" or something like that. There are some who even think that Richard is at the stage Federer was a few years ago and will be #1 in a few years...

Maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be, but there's a lot more pressure on him in that forum as compared to on MTF.
I know this. Well, the starter of the thread was almost insulted if i understood it well... An anonymous (how coward) said it was stupid comparing him to Federer and that it was "intellectual masturbation" (direct translation but i think it's "wishful thinking" in English, no?)...
There is all those fearing 2006 too much too... Those whining about his lack of endurance, those regretting Benhabilès made him create for himself a "compact serve" à la Roddick and thinking he shouldn't keep going this road with his serve with Deblicker...
Those speaking about his tennis elbow.
Those saying that if he doesn't win a TMS next year it 'd mean he will be a "unsatisfied hope" like the other last Frenchies etc...Because he must "confirm".
Those unhappy about him moving to Swizerland and whining about the French taxes...
But there also praising him and very faithful. It's a big mess. Too much...Lots of pressure. Lots of pressure...
We'll have to ask Choupi and the others for reports and pics of Metz.

Last edited by delsa : 09-24-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:36 AM   #50
country flag silverwhite

Maybe we could get her to carry a message for us too (to Paulo too, perhaps).
Old 09-24-2005, 10:39 AM   #51
country flag delsa

Quote:
Maybe we could get her to carry a message for us too (to Paulo too, perhaps).
Good idea. You want me and the others who planed to go there to try to carry a message in Paris-Bercy too?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:43 AM   #52
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Good idea. You want me and the others who planed to go there to try to carry a message in Paris-Bercy too?
You'r going to Paris-Bercy? Lucky you.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #53
country flag silverwhite

Actually, I'm not sure what message we would have for him. Maybe we just have to let him know that there are a lot of people supporting him from all over the world.

Perhaps we should come up with a slogan ASAP, so he will recognise us as a group. Eg. If Choupi goes to Metz and tells him the Gasquettards/Gasquet Blowers ()/Whatever send their support, and then you or whoever goes to Paris-Bercy and tells him the same thing, he'll know that there is a group of fans who follows him in whatever he does. Just an idea.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #54
country flag delsa

Quote:
You'r going to Paris-Bercy? Lucky you.
Yep.
I wasn't able to see him last year because i didn't went on the good days ( ) but i'm going for more days (it will start during the end of a 10 days holiday) to be sure not to miss him and other players this year so hopefully i will be able to carry the message.
But if an ATP event is held in Singapore next year as it could be the case maybe you'll be able to see him too and we'll have to ask you to carry a message.
Good idea about the slogan to tell him a group of international supporters (not the kind to put pressure on him to continue the discussion...) are behind him. We must find one ASAP. Maybe a present too?

Last edited by delsa : 09-24-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #55
country flag silverwhite

We're not likely to get a tourney here, unfortunately. The ATP prefers Spain. But even if we do, I doubt Richard would come all the way here.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #56
country flag delsa

Quote:
We're not likely to get a tourney here, unfortunately. The ATP prefers Spain. But even if we do, I doubt Richard would come all the way here.
Who knows? Both for the tourney and Richard coming to S-E Asia. It's possible since until the last minute he was ready to go to Bankok if that was not for the docs saying he couldn't go.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #57
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Who knows? Both for the tourney and Richard coming to S-E Asia. It's possible since until the last minute he was ready to go to Bankok if that was not for the docs saying he couldn't go.
Well, I will not get my hopes up. Anyway, I'm probably going overseas to study in 4 years or so, so it doesn't matter if I don't get to see him here.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #58
country flag delsa

Quote:
Well, I will not get my hopes up. Anyway, I'm probably going overseas to study in 4 years or so, so it doesn't matter if I don't get to see him here.
Maybe i will too so i must take my chance now when i still have it. Maybe that's one of my last opportunities.
So about that present/message?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:22 AM   #59
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Maybe i will too so i must take my chance now when i still have it. Maybe that's one of my last opportunities.
So about that present/message?
I haven't thought much about it yet. We still have one week to plan.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:53 PM   #60
country flag delsa

Quote:
I haven't thought much about it yet. We still have one week to plan.
Tic Tac Tic Tac...goes the clock...