*~*~*~* Indoor Season *~*~*~* - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #151
country flag simpletennis

simpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~*~*~* Indoor Season: METZ *~*~*~*

poor richard, his elbow's still bothering him. how suckie that must be.

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
simpletennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2005, 04:09 AM   #152
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

poor Richard
Injuries suck!!!
I hope he can get enough rest in his elbow and he can get well soon

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:18 AM   #153

simpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond repute

it's so weird, on the atp site, it said he was runner up

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-08-2005, 04:25 AM   #154
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletennis
it's so weird, on the atp site, it said he was runner up
In Metz 2004, Richard was the finalist

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:25 AM   #155
country flag Mygenie

Mygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond reputeMygenie has a reputation beyond repute

been catching up with all threads and messages and very sad to see he lost to Gael because of his elbow

I was just wondering. If it is something that can damage his arm and threaten his career, I'd rather he quit the tour for the rest of the year and work on his physical/mental conditioning, looking after his arm/elbow properly and coming back stronger next year, what ya think?
Mygenie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:26 AM   #156

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quotes from www.atptennis.com :

Monfils: ”I am happy about this result. I however don't see it as a revenge from last year. Richard is my friend and I think and hope we will have many more matches to play against each other. When I came back from 3-5 in the first set, I think he may have rushed a little and lost his concentration. It was only a few key points that turned around the situation.”

Gasquet: “I first want to congratulate Gael because he played a great match. I had my chances in the first set, unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of them. “

“I know that I can't play 100%, my elbow is hurting me and my priority at the moment is to get rid of this pain.”

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Old 10-08-2005, 05:57 AM   #157
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19

“I know that I can't play 100%, my elbow is hurting me and my priority at the moment is to get rid of this pain.”

Make sure you do!
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
In Metz 2004, Richard was the finalist
oh, ok thanks

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #159
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Oh, I have to add that I forgot to bet on Monfils.

Now, I don't even have the consolation of vCash to ease my sadness.
Sorry for you Silverwhite...
I posted a report of how i saw this match on the Monfils/Jo Jo thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...35#post2454035 . Richard played because he had points to defend and didn't want to disapoint the crowd too i think. He played far from his best but as Julie said Gaël was impressive for someone you feel like writing off so easily because he's so inconsistant and can play very bad sometimes. He's an enigma. An uncertainty. Today it was not the case. They exchanged very spectacular points: ex: second set: Richard making a very strongly smashed BH volley at the net, Gaël running to get it and putting it back on court near the baseline, Richard running back and putting it back on court showing his back to the net trying a lob of the "last chance" against Gaël and his 1.92 meters of height. And as expected Gaël making a huge jump and smashing it in one corner...The crowd going crazy...
It was a great match. Too bad Richard was not at his best...
I hope he'll recover quickly. Actually some ppl say it's better for him to suffer from this fissure than from the first supposition of tendinitis. Because it can heal completely if you take the necessary time off but the same can't be said of tendinitis...Stupid fissure in his elbow And 6 millimeters, it's a huge crack! Just imagine. It must hurt a lot.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:09 PM   #160
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a very funny post by Lily in the RG forum.

"richard est incapable de coup incroyable et ma pire crainte est que ce magnifique talent ne puissse s'exprimer à cause d'un mental défaillant ou de problème récurrent de physique.

On a eu assez de gachis comme ça en france!! "

Old 10-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #161
country flag silverwhite

Apparently, Richard is out of Stockholm. He wants to concentrate on the French tournaments, I guess.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:13 PM   #162
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saw a very funny post by Lily in the RG forum.

"richard est incapable de coup incroyable et ma pire crainte est que ce magnifique talent ne puissse s'exprimer à cause d'un mental défaillant ou de problème récurrent de physique.

On a eu assez de gachis comme ça en france!! "

You should come there more often if that makes you laugh. That's very often said there! Very often!
Wasted talent is what they're all speaking about and crying over...

Last edited by delsa : 10-08-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #163
country flag delsa

Quote:
Apparently, Richard is out of Stockholm. He wants to concentrate on the French tournaments, I guess.
On the TMS too... He MUST heal. Then he'll be able to fight. Stop this: i play a little then take a little break etc approach even if it's understandable because he had to participate in must-play tournaments recently like the US Open (where is great run is even more impressive considering the situation! I couldn't play 3 5 sets matches in a row for the first time playing out of my skin at some points with a 6 millimeters fissure in the elbow! ), in Metz because of the points he had to defend and the demand of the crowd etc...
So he stops for a long time now and HEAL COMPLETELY. Too bad for the Masters and French tournaments (even for me and many others in Paris-Bercy ) but that will be for the better. Then he kicks ass in 2006! I don't think that's a good strategy if he plays forcing himself making his injury worse and then stops for not enough time then do it again etc...He should first think about healing then he'll play again... Even if it's disappointing.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #164

I agree completely with you Delsa.
As much as he wants to play and improve his ranking, his health should come first and foremost. That's more important that defending finalist points and gaining some at the Masters. Get well soon Richard

btw, Gael just won!!

Old 10-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #165
country flag girL_

girL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond repute

yey, that's just too sad... poor Richy, that injury might become a serious problem for him if he doesn't completely heal it! well, the only thing to wish him is to get well soon... and be back to courts in a better condition, and win win win!

Andy Roddick*Richard Gasquet*Dima Tursunov
girL_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote