Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #46
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread

Mariano beat Garcia-Lopez 6-2, 6-4 Well done Mariano and good luck in the next round.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #47
country flag kali_puerta_fan

kali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond repute

So...today's victory was expected, and Mariano had no problems in the first set. However in the second one, after he made his first set break, he lost his serve. He was a little bit upset because of the public who was a little bit noisey, but he did Ok, and he made another break and won the match. However, the thing was not easy at all, and at a certain point, we heard a crack and Mariano was shouting because of his left knee. The problem was solved in about 5 minutes, but I thought that was the end for him. I hope he fully recovers, he is lucky 2 because his next match is on friday, against Igor Andreev, a former finalist at the Open. I am afrais of this match, because Mariano's game is not working right. I can feel it. He is nervous all the time, makes many unforced errors, and now on top of all, might have an injury.

Good luck for him! Because he will need it. Tomorrow I suppose it will be a practice day, so I guess I'll see him after all, and I'll be able to tell you some news about how he feels. He is 3 matches away from the final victory, and he was sooooo happy at the end of this match, as if he would have won the open.

P.s.: good news: Volandri is out, so one of the 2 players Mariano fears is no longer in the competition. I think that the only player he shoul be afraid of is him.
Glad to say also that his service has improved, or at least so I see it. All he has to do now is be very confident. He must find the motivation that made him advance into the RG final.
kali_puerta_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #48
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Kali for your updates!!!!!

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #49
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kali - I love your updates because you are always so honest, and if Mariano is not playing well you say so - not everyone is fair like that! The injured knee sounds worrying- but hopefully some rest and physiotherapy will cure it. Enjoy practice tomorrow

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 09-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #50
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report Kali. I'm glad he won but I can't help being worried about the knee. I just hope it's not too serious.

Keep on having fun at the Open Kali.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:49 PM   #51
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Mariano beat Garcia-Lopez 6-2, 6-4 Well done Mariano and good luck in the next round.
Yay Go Mariano Go!!

Kali, I was reading all your reports..they're great Thank you so much
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #52

kali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond reputekali_puerta_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Mariano seems ok, his knee is just fine, he actually played very well in the practice session. His next opponent is Andreev, and I am affraid that this will be the last match here for Mariano if he will not concentrate. He can beat anyone, but he just has to focus. Unfortunately for him, Andreev is in a very good shape, so I'll skip some classes to go and see the match, and I hope Mariano will win.

Because he had a free day today, he did many training sessions, and also an autograph session. However, he is not very polite with his fans. He seemed very bored, he wasn't even looking at the person he was signing the autograph for. I think he is just not used to so many attention. I mean the man suddenly woke up being no 10 in the world. I really hope that wasn't an accident.
Another good news for Mariano is that Acasuso also lost, and Verdasco too. This is pure luck, and Mariano could win easily. He was talking to his coach about the shot that he might have at this open, they were discusing the errors Verdasco did, and Mariano said he knows that this might be the only shot he has. If everything goes the way I think it will, and ofcourse if Mariano wins tomorrow's match, then he will probably meet Victor Hanescu(in a great shape+supported by the home crowd who today won the match for pavel) and in the final, I think that Paul-Henri Mathieu will be the opponent.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:17 PM   #53
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Thanks so much for the report Kali - and glad that Mariano's knee seems fine. I guess it must be kind of strange for him - last year he was virtually unknown outside Argentina and did not really have a ranking as such - but now he is a Top 10 player and appearing at tournaments as the top seed - and all the attention and extra publicity must take some getting used to.

Enjoy the match tomorrow and please cheer very loudly for us! And here is the OOP:-

Central Court
Matches Start at 12:00 NOON
Mariano PUERTA (ARG) vs Igor ANDREEV (RUS)

NOT BEFORE 1:45 PM
Victor HANESCU (ROM) vs Ruben RAMIREZ HIDALGO (ESP)

NOT BEFORE 4:00 PM
Florian MAYER (GER) vs Andrei PAVEL (ROM)

NOT BEFORE 6:00 PM
Paul Henri MATHIEU (FRA) vs Florent SERRA (FRA)

followed by
Victor HANESCU (ROM)/Andrei PAVEL (ROM) vs Mariusz FYRSTENBERG (POL)/Marcin MATKOWSKI (POL)

Semi Central Court
Matches Start at 2:00 PM
Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG)/Luis HORNA (PER) vs Jose ACASUSO (ARG)/Sebastian PRIETO (ARG)

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 09-15-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #54
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Kali thx so much for the reports!!!!

Go Mariano!!!!!!

Gato Gaudio
Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 PM   #55
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Thanks so much for the report Kali - and glad that Mariano's knee seems fine. I guess it must be kind of strange for him - last year he was virtually unknown outside Argentina and did not really have a ranking as such - but now he is a Top 10 player and appearing at tournaments as the top seed - and all the attention and extra publicity must take some getting used to.

He can only be proud of himself.
After all he have been through...he did a lot more the many ppl expected.

It's so good to see him on the top.

Go Mariano Go
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:52 PM   #56
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Andreev def. Mariano 4-6 6-1 6-1

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #57
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

I won't say I did not expect this to happen.

Gato Gaudio
Old 09-16-2005, 03:32 PM   #58
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon
I won't say I did not expect this to happen.
Well Kali has been saying that he hasn't been playing so well - and also she told us about the knee injuury the other day, so I am not surprised really either. I hope he recovers soon.

Old 09-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #59
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Mariano I would have loved a final against Paulo...
Old 09-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #60

Angry Re: Back on the Clay :)) The Romania Open Cheering Thread

Sad day, but as I said, expected. He did a very good first set, but the rest was a mess. He was so angry and he didn't win none of the almost 8 break points he had. The turning point was when Andreev made the first break. His serve was worse then ever, Andreev at some point had 5-0. I don't know when he leaves, I think he had an official party to atend today. The point is that he was dissapointing. I can't say that he had one beautiful match. He didn't. All his victories were hard. Only one break per set, and the opponents weren't hard at all. Andreev today was soooo bad in the first set, and in the second too. It was only up to Mariano, and he didn't do it. It's true, he worked to get this far, but if he doesn't rise to the expectations, then it was pure luck. Nadal was lucky too, but at least he confirmed. I am very mad at him, not to say that it was frustrating seing him always mad and bored, no wonder I was the only fan in the whole court!
It's not nice to see all Mariano's talent wasted because of nerves, frustration,lack of concentration and luck. I think he is not yet over the RG final. If everything went good for him till then, from now on, I think everything will go the reversed way. The Shanghai Masters is far away, and I don't see how he could get there. Any news about his next tournaments?

Off-topic:A good news: Sexy Acasuso is in the doubles final, and I really think he will win. I saw him today in a match, and he was almost perfect.
The tournament had good surprises too: both Pavel and Hanescu are in the semifinals, and I think at least one of them will be in the final. The most surprising thing was probably the outstanding parade of Serra(FRA). He defeated Volandri, Mathieu, and our great romanian hope Victor Crivoi.