JONAS BJORKMAN - Page 89 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #1321
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JONAS BJORKMAN

from JB's Homepage

2005-12-22 2005 in review
Time to recap the year that went by.

2005 had a difficult start with the tragical tsunami disaster that threw long shadows also over the first tournament of the year in Chennai, India. The fact that I changed doubles partner to Max Mirnyi caused some turbulence, and I also fought against injurys and sickness.
The second part of 2005, though, everything turned around. I won the French Open for the first time with Max, and also my first singles title since Nottingham 2002 in Vietnam. In total I won 5 doubles titles and 1 singles title during the year. I go into 2006 ranked 62 in the world in the singles, and 2nd together with Max and 3rd as an individual doubles player. Not too bad for an old man, if you ask me...
But it was really close that I packed my bags and quitted for good at one point.
This is my 2005 in review.

Match of the year

Against Irakli Labadze in Indian Wells in March. I had only won one singles match (in Chennai) that far, and had a poor ending of 2004. Against Labadze I was up 6-1, 5-1, but lost my advantage to 5-5 and started to shake like a leaf! Somehow I managed to pull myself together, climb that invisible wall and win.

Close-to-quit of the year

The same match, against Labadze. I was one point win or lose from throwing my racket and fly home. If I hadn´t won that second set tiebreak, I would actually probably have ended my career. Now, I won and beat Thomas Johansson in the next round, and finally things were going my way again.

Point of the year
When I saved 7 smashes and won the point against Olivier Rochus in the qf of Stockholm Open. One of my best points ever! Honestly, you shouldn´t be able to run exactly right seven times in a row like that.

Turnaround of the year
I was down 2-5 in the last set against Thomas Johansson in Indian Wells, but won 7-6.

Misscalculation of the year
Me and Petra finally got a week off together after Shanghai - and managed to spend it during a tropical storm in Koh Samui, Thailand.

Fullfilment of the year

Max Mirnyi and I won the French Open, which means that I now have won all the Grand Slams.

Moment of the year
Thomas Johansson beeing photographed in very small underwear with american-flag-pattern for a (very) personal calendar during his bachelor party.

Victory of the year
And the best decision of the year, when I decided to play the tournament in Chennai, India, together with Mahesh Bhupathi shortly after the tsunami disaster. It was the best way to show our sympathies, and well there we initiated a relief effort, donating our prize money, and shortly the whole ATP organisation joined and together we collected hundreds of thousands of dollars for Unicef.

Song of the year
There are many, but probably "Numb/Encore" with Jay Z and Linkin Park. I have played it everywhere: before matches, to celebrate victories, when I run or am relaxing on an airplane.

Most seen movie of the year
"Madagaskar"! You know, the animation with voices of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and David Schwimmer. The Davis Cup team saw it 4-5 times in India, I had seen it before, and now Max likes it. Some scenes are still priceless.

Book of the year
Tim Adams´ "Being John McEnroe". Brilliant. And in San Jose I get to play with the original. McEnroe, that is...

Destination of the year
Vietnam. Not only because I won there. I was moved by the the people and the beauty in the middle of all the chaos in Ho Chi Minh City. I have heard that it is a beautiful country, and its history is fascinating. I have to go back.

Haircut of the year
I had made a bet with my physiologist Daniel Hedin that he could shave off my hair if I won another singles title. Do you think he forgot that? In the airport lounge in Bangkok, after my victory in Vietnam, he was ready with the shaver. The rest is a very short, and uneven, story.

50 weeks anniversary of the year
I was ranked as the worlds no. 1 doubles player for my 50th week in May.

30 something of the year
I climbed 30 places to 63 in the rankings after my victory in Vietnam, which gave me much better possibilities for 2006.

That´s all folks.
Have a fantastic ending of 2005 - see you in 2006!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin

Last edited by Björki : 12-23-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #1322
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

2005-12-22
Better than last year

I am training in Monaco right now where Thomas Enqvist and Mario Ancic has joined. Compared to the same time last year, when I had problems with sickness and a foot injury, I feel better prepared for the new season now. My goal for 2006 is to climb to 30 or 40 in the rankings. I also want to win another title, have a more even season than 2005 and play really well in the Grand Slams.
In the doubles, me and Max Mirnyi simply want to win all the big tournaments and retain the no. 1 spot. We have done one season together now and will grow stronger from that, and we start out early, in Doha January 2, so that we will be right on track from the beginning.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal

Old 12-23-2005, 11:38 AM   #1323
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

excellent ^^^

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:39 AM   #1324

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki

Fullfilment of the year

Max Mirnyi and I won the French Open, which means that I now have won all the Grand Slams.

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Old 12-24-2005, 03:28 AM   #1325
country flag midsommardagen

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute

Moment of the year
Thomas Johansson beeing photographed in very small underwear with american-flag-pattern for a (very) personal calendar during his bachelor party.
midsommardagen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #1326
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, merry christmas to everyone

Here is an article which is in Expressen today, it is about how close Jonas was to stop his career in march 2005!

I will translate the article after christmas, cos I will go to my grandma soon and she doesn´t have a computer

Tillsammans med Max, 2, firar Jonas Björkman jul i Monte Carlo. Det har varit ett sånt hektiskt år. Därför har vi tagit hit delar av släkten i stället, säger Björkman som måste ha Janssons frestelse på julbordet. Men julledigheten blir kort 27 december flyger det svenska tennisesset till Quatar för att spela.
"Jag tänkte lägga av"
En vandring i solen med familjen.
Framtiden ser också ljus ut för Jonas Björkman.
- I mars var jag på väg att lägga av. Nu siktar jag på minst en kvartsfinalplats i Australian Open, säger vårt svenska tennisess.
Men i dag julbord i Monaco med hustrun Petra och sonen Max, 2.

if (!(mac && is_ie)) { document.write(''); document.write(' '); document.write(' [img]/shared/images/ikoner/ikon_textstorlek.gif[/img]
'); document.write(' Textstorlek '); document.write('
A

'); document.write(' <div id="sizeButton85" style="margin-right: 3; height: 16px; width: 16px; text-align: center;" class="button" onmouseover="hoverMe(this);" onmouseout="hoverMe(this);" onclick="javascript:changeSize(85,this);">B'); document.write(' <div id="sizeButton100" style="margin-right: 3; height: 16px; width: 16px; text-align: center;" class="button" onmouseover="hoverMe(this);" onmouseout="hoverMe(this);" onclick="javascript:changeSize(100,this);">C'); document.write(' '); document.write(' '); }
Textstorlek
A
B
C

if (window.external) { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write('[img]/shared/images/ikoner/ikon_favorit.gif[/img]
'); document.write(''); document.write('Spara som Favorit
'); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); }
Spara som Favorit

Skriv ut

CM8ShowAd("rektangel_ovre")
...största tennis-ess
24 december 2005

Håller på Leksand och Bajen
Namn: Jonas Lars Björkman. Ålder: 33. Född: I Växjö, uppvuxen i Alvesta. Längd: 182 centimeter. Vikt: 83 kilo. Bor: Monte Carlo, Monaco. Familj: Hustrun Petra och sonen Max, 2. Blev proffs: 1991. Drömbil: Ferrari. Kör just nu: Porsche 911 Carrera 2. Favoritfotbollslag: Hammarby. Favorithockeylag: Leksand. Idrottsstjärnor han beundrar: Björn Borg, Annika Sörenstam. Idoler som liten: Yannick Noah, Stefan Edberg. Karriärsammanfattning: Sex singeltitlar, 42 dubbeltitlar. Inspelade prispengar: 96 890 672 kronor. Inspelade prispengar i år: 7 906 808 kronor.

Det var i en match mot Irakli Labadze i Indian Wells i mars som de mörka tankarna kom över Jonas Björkman.
Efter en tung avslutning på 2004 och en trög inledning på 2005 hade Björkman bara vunnit en singelmatch. Nu höll han på att tappa efter en rejäl ledning - 6-1, 5-1.
- Det skilde en boll hit eller dit från att jag slängt racketen och flugit hem. Om jag inte vunnit andra sets tiebreak, hade jag förmodligen lagt av och därmed avslutat karriären. Så knäckt hade jag känt mig.
- Nu överlevde jag, vann nästa runda mot Thomas Johansson och började få lite styrfart igen, säger Björkman från hemmet i Monte Carlo.

Vann i Paris
Andra hälften i år vände det.
Björkman vann Franska öppna ihop med Max Mirnyi, tog i Vietnam första singeltiteln sedan Nottingham 2002 och totalt har det blivit fem dubbeltitlar och en singeltitel i år.
Han går in i 2006 rankad 62:a i världen i singel, trea individuellt i dubbel och tvåa i par med Mirnyi.
I Monaco ska Björkman fira jul med delar av släkten - "Janssons frestelse gör julbordet, men någon snapsmänniska har jag aldrig varit" - innan han den 27 december flyger till Qatar för tävling. Sedan vidare till Australien och årets första grand slam-turnering.

Tränar med Enqvist
- Normalt är vi i Sverige nu, men det har varit ett sånt hektiskt år och vi har knappt sett hemmet här i Monaco. Därför har vi i stället tagit hit delar av släkten, förklarar Björkman.
Någon julledighet från tennisplanen har det däremot inte blivit. Vädret har varit närmare 20 grader på dagarna och han har kunnat träna utomhus med Thomas Enqvist och Mario Ancic.

"Svenskstödet lyfter mig"
Förutsättningarna är mycket bättre inför den här säsongsstarten, alltså?
- Jag startar lite lugnt. Jag vill inte riskera bränna ut mig och vill behålla suget efter tennisen och hungern att vinna. Med en hyfsad lottning i Australien är en kvartsfinalplats ingen omöjlighet.
- Jag vet att jag i mina bästa stunder fortfarande spelar väldigt bra tennis och att det räcker väldigt långt. Dessutom brukar det underbara stödet från svenskar i Melbourne göra att jag alltid lyfter mig där.
På din hemsida rekommenderar du Tim Adams bok "Being John McEnroe". I februari spelar du dubbel med tennislegenden i San Joses ATP-turnering.
- Det blir en av höjdpunkterna i min karriär. Vi åker dit för att vinna, inte tal om något annat.
I onsdags föll domen mot dopade argentinske spelaren Mariano Puerta. Han stängs av i åtta år.
Björkmans kommentar visar att han har humorn i behåll:
- Där kröp man upp en placering på världsrankingen!

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #1327
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, I copied it a bit stupid, but I think it´s because of my sisters pc where I am sitting at right now. Anyway, at least the whole text is there...

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

Old 12-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige
First of all, merry christmas to everyone

Here is an article which is in Expressen today, it is about how close Jonas was to stop his career in march 2005!
Oh my god Im so glad he didn't stop!!

Thanks for the article and Happy Christmas to you too

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 01-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #1329
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Doha: Youzhny def. Jonas 1-6, 6-3, 6-4

Old 01-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #1330
on clouds...

Jonas

Old 01-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #1331
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Birte!! I saw our husband this week1! (Rosengren! :lust: )

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #1332
country flag midsommardagen

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute

two photos from Davis Cup 04

Swedes!

Run!Jonas Run!
midsommardagen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #1333
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsommardagen
two photos from Davis Cup 04

Swedes!

Run!Jonas Run!
wow, that 1st picture is amazing! it fits perfectly for my background on my widescreen monitor! i've been looking for one of those for so long!
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #1334
on clouds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkman Girl
Birte!! I saw our husband this week1! (Rosengren! :lust: )
Hehe, take lots of piccies

Old 01-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #1335
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I took one... not sure how it'll turn out... simon aspelin was sitting with him at mario vs xavier today

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote