JONAS BJORKMAN - Page 81 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2005, 10:49 AM   #1201
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JONAS BJORKMAN

Bjorkman gives Sweden 1-0 lead

Seasoned Jonas Bjorkman turned in a professional display to defeat Prakash Amritraj 64 64 64 to put Sweden up 1-0 against India in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Play-off at the RK Khanna Stadium on Friday.

In a match between two players of stark contrast, Bjorkman showed nothing would affect him -- the mixed bounce or the stifling heat -- as he played solid tennis against the Indian who mostly competes at the Challenger level.

Bjorkman, who has been playing the Davis Cup for 11 years now, showed that whatever be the workload, his passion to play for Sweden remains undiminished. The most fit players on the circuit would struggle to find their bearings in this kind of humidity where one sweats in buckets. But from the first point till the last one, where Bjorkman rifled in an ace, he looked a picture of poise and perfection against the Indian journeyman.

Bjorkman got the first break of serve in the seventh game of the first set when he slammed a beautiful drive volley from mid-court.

Bjorkman plays more doubles these days and is the world No.1, so for all the connoisseurs who still love to watch brilliant volleys, Bjorkman was the advertisement on a court where controlling pattern of play was not easy.

For his part, Prakash Amritraj, son of legend Vijay Amritraj strove hard. But this was a match between two players who are very different in terms of sheer experience.

Amritraj did smack aces now and then, but to get the ball back on Bjorkman's effective serve was not easy. In the second set, the Indian was sluggish and his footwork not smart.

Non-playing captain Leander Paes was offering his ward words of advice. It worked in bits and pieces but that was not enough against a player of Bjorkman's calibre.

Bjorkman went up 2-1 in the second set when Amritraj double-faulted on the last point. But the Indian, who has was at the receiving end all along brought some cheer by breaking back to make it 3-3.

The next game was a test of character and at 40-30 the Indian rifled in a kick serve. The reply from Bjorkman was a smart return winner. Bjorkman then reeled of two winners to force another break and go up 4-3.

From that stage there was no doubting the verdict as Bjorkman won the second set 6-4.

In the decider, both the players were drenched in sweat. Bjorkman looked comfortable and showed that the preparation he had put in over the last four days stood him in good stead.

Bjorkman broke for a 3-2 lead in the third set after Prakash pushed a high volley into the net. It took the Swede minutes after that to seal victory.

"I played solid today. It was hot and humid but I knew I had to be prepared for it," said Bjorkman, who has been working hard to be ready to play on all three days of the tie.

In the second singles, former Australian Open champion Thomas Johansson faces Rohan Bopanna.

Rock on Sweden

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #1202
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

awesome jonas!!
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:58 AM   #1203
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Jonas

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #1204

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

K. Carlsen 3 4
J. Bjorkman 6 6

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Old 09-29-2005, 06:13 AM   #1205
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

2005-09-22 Helvetic in India

Nightmarish conditions in our preps for the DC-match against India this weekend: 38-40 degree Celsius, almost 90% humidity, a bumpy court that's more clay than grass, a Vinciguerra who collapsed from dehydration. I have never experienced something like this before. We are worn out after 20 minutes.
Thomas Johansson and I play the singles. I might also play the double match. It will take some tactical gambling just to be able to pull through this time.

2005-09-26 The big relief

Uuh. I am done! The Davis Cup match against India feels like the longest week of my life. The weather - extreme temperatures, humidity, rain - and the poor arrangements - a horrible court, sheets that were to small to cover the court when it rained.-made this the most mentally demanding DC match that I´ve ever played. I should have beaten Leander Paes in a fifth and decisive match, but I am thankful that Thomas Johansson made it 3-1 in matches before that. I have felt a little bit worn out here, and in a fifth and decisive game, under this circumstances, you just never know.
It took a lot of energy, but at the same time it made the team stronger, and we have had a lot of fun. Hopefully we get a good draw on Wednesday for 2006, with a few matches at home.
My next stop is Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam. I leave tonight.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal

Old 09-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #1206
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

J Bjorkman (SWE) d (Q)C Mamiit (USA) 64 43 ret.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #1207

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 09-30-2005, 02:03 AM   #1208
country flag SwissMister1

SwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some videos I made of Jonas at the US Open in his qualifying match against Ramon Delgado:

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...J1I103Z2CE9I8D

This next one is on match point. Watch the volume, the guy right behind me yelled out something...

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...U2Z1DHI22PVW9U

Also, I have some pictures I took of Jonas, just go to the photo galleries menu and search for Jonas Bjorkman

These links last for seven days or 25 clicks, if the link runs out, just PM me and I'll send you a new one...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

PAW #1 5/22/06
Predict-the-SCORE US Open Champion
SwissMister1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 AM   #1209
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Thank you SwissMister1

Old 09-30-2005, 09:15 PM   #1210
country flag SwissMister1

SwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki
Thank you SwissMister1
no problem

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

PAW #1 5/22/06
Predict-the-SCORE US Open Champion
SwissMister1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:49 AM   #1211
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Jonas def. Waske 6-2, 6-3

Old 10-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #1212

HES IN THE FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he beat puerta 6-0 6-1 or something like that!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 10-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #1213
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!! awesome Jonas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #1214
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Jonas

I am totally impressed Jonas said himself in an interview that he is so satisfied at the moment, everything works and especially his serve

Good luck for the final, Jonas

I found a quite funny pic of him

@Peggy
Dein neues Avater ist voll schön
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jonas rolig.jpg (218.2 KB, 9 views)

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:39 PM   #1215

Jonas

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson