JONAS BJORKMAN - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2003, 03:43 AM   #1
Russian Terminator

Russian Terminator is on a distinguished road
Smile JONAS BJORKMAN

Jonas Bjorkman is a star!

Ones in 1997 Jonas gave Sampars and everyone else a hard time. He is considered as Swedens Davis Cup hero and a fighter. Now he is back and doing well in singles again, reaching the quarters of Wimbledon. I think he will be a big threat on the hard courts of North America. Playing doubles aswell as always and this made me respect him. Jonas should known as a good player.

GO JONAS!
Russian Terminator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2003, 09:49 AM   #2
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

You know, I almost let this message slip, but I figured that Jonas is my favourite after all, so I should post a message! I've only seen Jonas play live ONCE!! (poor me!) at the davis cup vs aus, in 2001 september 21,22,23 . I guess I should be lucky that my favourite played every day! It's his attitude that has won him my respect. Good humour, but serious when he needs to be.

Just wanted to show my support for Jonas )
Best wishes to Jonas, Petra and little Max ^_^
Kristen

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:29 AM   #3
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JONAS BJORKMAN

Nice effort in Doha yesterday! Phwoar, will this man stop amazing me Hope not ^_^
Kom igen Jonas, best of luck against Calleri.

Old 01-08-2004, 02:30 AM   #4
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Jonas! He did very well.

star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

kom igen bjosse! 63, 63 (i think!?) over Lopez/Costa!!! I was there *sigh* sitting in a wheelchair spot...with my flag out for the world to see. lol best of luck against rochus/ullyett.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #6
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

ohh and bjorkman vs paradorn at 7.30ish tomorrow night! Gonna be there! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! (calms down) Fingers crossed moya and paradorn are jetlagged tomorrow

Old 01-12-2004, 07:08 PM   #7
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

What a cute pic!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:52 PM   #8
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Their second round (mixed) match was appalling. Daniela forgot how to serve in the second...Jonas couldnt get any first serves in. *erases match from memory*

Old 02-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #9
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Jonas was the Davis Cup HERO!!!!!!

I love it when he does this.... The Brysomething Step.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:46 PM   #10
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Triumphant Jonas!

Old 02-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #11
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Jonas always has something special for the fans.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:51 PM   #12
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

onas Bjorkman was the spearhead for Sweden, delivering the crucial third point by defeating Mark Philippoussis 75 62 62 in 1 hour 44 minutes.

Going into the final day Sweden led 2-1 after Bjorkman and Joachim Johansson had teamed together to win the doubles rubber over Wayne Arthurs and Todd Woodbridge. Never in the last decade has Sweden failed to win a tie after leading 2-1 going into the final day and today's victory marked the ninth time they have won from a 2-1 advantage.

"It is a big upset - I don't think we have ever won in Australia," said Bjorkman. "To beat a winning team is never easy, to beat the champions from last year, with two great singles players and a very solid doubles team.

"You always hope to win but I never really though we could do it. You always hope and try your best. I knew we had to do something really, really good to come through, so it's definitely a big upset for us, yeah."

This weekend belonged to Bjorkman. The 32-year-old played tennis like a 22-year-old. He was all over the place and in every situation, waiting, poised and eager to pounce on any opportunity that came close to his racquet.

He came in as a replacement for Robin Soderling in the reverse singles. Mats Wilander had told him the night before to be ready but that any decision would be made on Sunday morning. After a practice session Wilander was left in no doubt about Bjorkman's place on the court. Soderling had suffered with foot blisters on the first day, and felt the pressure of Davis Cup. Bjorkman was pumped.

Three wily customers, Bjorkman, Wilander and the Swedish coach Joakim Nystrom hatched a plan to unsettle the Aussies.

Bjorkman started a touch tentative in his first service game but managed to save break points. It became the only time in the match that he faced break points as he kept building momentum. He got the first set by breaking Philippoussis in the eleventh game when the Australian double faulted and then held serve for the set.

Philippoussis was finding it difficult to match Bjorkman's returns. The Swede was playing his returns to all parts of the court. He broke the Australian in the third and fifth games of the second set and one got the feeling that Bjorkman was not going to be headed. Then, midway through the third set, Philippoussis became embroiled in a disputed line call and he had a running battle with the chair umpire Javier Moreno about the linesman.

The frustration grew and grew as Philippoussis slammed his racquet on to the court in disgust hoping to "let the frustrations out and it could have done me some good", but he was not able to penetrate the Swede's armour. Bjorkman won the match with a forehand drop volley, putting Sweden into the Davis Cup quarterfinals.

"It feels like a twilight zone," said Philippoussis. "There was the doubles situation, chances to be a double break up but there were let cords the other guys' way. It was unfortunately an interesting weekend.

"Jonas played pretty solid. I think he was still on a high from the doubles, came out still fired up from that and continued on.

"There is pressure every time you go out for Davis Cup. Obviously it's good to go out 2-1 up but there's pressure every time and I approached that match the same as I did the one in Melbourne but it didn't work out."
Old 02-08-2004, 09:34 PM   #13
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

for Jonas
Old 02-09-2004, 12:19 PM   #14
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Default Re: Re: JONAS BJORKMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
Jonas always has something special for the fans.

Kom igen!
See the swedish flag/blue shirt in the top left corner? Thats me! Im an idiot for not moving closer! Was too busy clapping. Will add the url to my online album when im back from wheelchair tennis. Best of luck to Niclas Larsson!

Kristen.

Old 02-09-2004, 01:12 PM   #15
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Oh my gosh!!!

When I posted the picture, I sort of thought in a foolish way....... I wonder if one of those is Bjoerkman Girl? But then thought I was being silly.

So tell us ALL about it! Was it absolutely thrilling? And what was Jonas doing in that picture?

But I would have been the same as you, I would have hung back.

Did you have pom poms too?