Andyoni !! - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #121
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyoni !!

There are lots of pics of Andyoni during the week in ADelaide, including a nice one of them in front of a city view with their trophies, over at Getty. Just go there and type "Erlich Ram" in the search box and they come up

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #122
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
There are lots of pics of Andyoni during the week in ADelaide, including a nice one of them in front of a city view with their trophies, over at Getty. Just go there and type "Erlich Ram" in the search box and they come up
Thanks Deb! I had always just put in Andy Ram so never got to see all of Yoni's. I have to say that seeing all tennis players in person- they look better in person than in photos
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #123
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

For those who didn't see them in person, they look much better on video than on photos. thanks for the link Maia!

I have a question though. How come ATP site shows them on 14th position in doubles when Andy says that they're at #8?
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:48 AM   #124
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

From ATPtennis.com:

Meanwhile in Adelaide, Andy Ram and Jonathan Erlich claimed their seventh career ATP doubles title with a hard fought straight set win over Paul Hanley and his new partner Kevin Ullyett.

The match, which lasted 1 hour and 58 minutes, saw both sets going to tie-breaks with Hanley and Ullyett saving two match points in the final set tie-break before the Israeli team claimed victory.

Ram said: "It was very hot but we knew the third set was going to be a match tie-break so it wasn't going to make such a difference. We knew it would be a very close match but we were very concentrated and we knew what we wanted to do. Our game plan was to hold our serve first of all and we did that without any breaks and then we just tried to go for it on the return.

"I think it was a big advantage for us that we were playing our third year together, actually starting our fourth, and they were playing their first tournament together. It's a big advantage and they have to adjust to each other. Our chemistry on the court, not only in the final but all the way through the week was perfect. We are improving from last year and we are going the right way."

Erlich said: "I think we were more relaxed than they were and I think from the beginning we were attacking and playing more aggressive than them. Eventually it was just a matter of two or three points."
Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:26 PM   #125
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki
For those who didn't see them in person, they look much better on video than on photos. thanks for the link Maia!

I have a question though. How come ATP site shows them on 14th position in doubles when Andy says that they're at #8?
I have never really understood how the doubles points are figured out so I will try and find an answer for you or I will post something on GM. Welcome here by the way. And yes they are nice looking young men.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #126
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Well it isn't explained on the ATP site but from what I can gather the standing is based on points accumulated and because they separate the players in the listing you looked at, then they'd fall at #14. If you look at the other ranking- at the start of the year, they garnered 35 points for winning Adelaide and are #2 in the standings sharing with 2 other teams. Bjorkman and Myrni received 50 points though for their win and at ranked #1.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #127
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i saw that. Great start of the season for them!

I have an idea about the 8th position. If you take the players ranked above them and pair all of them, Andy and Yony wil be at 7th place, right? Last week they were one spot down so they would have been #8. Maybe.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #128
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

First time I see this thread- thanks Nimrod for directing me to it.

Great job in Adelaide

Let's hope they do some damage at the AO
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #129
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Hey Ron welcome here
Old 01-11-2006, 07:27 AM   #130
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

They lost todat 7-6 7-6

next up: Aussie Open !
Old 01-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #131
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

So close though. Good luck in AO!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #132
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond repute

Very weird, Andy&Yoni got some amazing record in TB's ...don't know what happenned :\
Old 01-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #133
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodg
Very weird, Andy&Yoni got some amazing record in TB's ...don't know what happenned :\
I know but speculation won't get us anywhere Maybe someone has time to find an interview or something?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:36 AM   #134
country flag Maia

Juan Monaco (ARG)/ Albert Montanes (ESP) vs. Jonathan Erlich (ISR)[6]/Andy Ram (ISR)[6]
3rd match on court 14 tomorrow
Old 01-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #135
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Good luck!!!! Nice first round match for them.